Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is what S&P inclusion will look if and when it happens. Only 1-2% of total shares will be traded every day.

Huh? Bit confused by this statement. When inclusion announcement happens, index funds will only have days to buy the shares necessary. I think the longest is a week but most funds have rules that they have to finish buying in 2-3 trading days. So volume will be super higher when inclusion announcement happens.

Now when the inclusion day arrives, volume might drop again. But I have a hard time seeing it drop back anywhere close to this volume because 20 million shares traded is way...way below average(and the moving average has already come down quite a bit from a month ago when it was about 100 million shares traded daily).

Hi all!
I have been reading this threads since around 2015 but have not posted before.

I just learned that Elons private jet was about to land at Skavsta Airport in Sweden today (eleven minuters ago).

Have any of you any idea what he is doing in Sweden (my home country)?

Perhaps interviewing someone who could not make it to Berlin?

Or just satisfying Elon's need for köttbullar med potatismos & lingon?

Way OT

I've heard the same from the various articles I've read. It's a shame we can't find a more efficient method as simpler methods of gaining peoples views (e.g. voting from your phone) could open up a world of possibilities - Think how easy opinion polling, referendums, petition signing would be just to name the obvious.

Here's a decent vid from Tom Scott on the issues with electronic voting.

That's a great explainer, but it demonstrates the issue with the thought process. Yes, it's impossible to balance anonymity against trust, but you shouldn't have to either. Forget anonymity and design towards trust. With the amount of info that people share online, it's definitely more important to many that their votes are cast correctly, than anyone else knowing about it. On a nation-level vote/poll, much like with physical ballots, corrupting the voter doesn't scale well.

Huh? Bit confused by this statement. When inclusion announcement happens, index funds will only have days to buy the shares necessary. I think the longest is a week but most funds have rules that they have to finish buying in 2-3 trading days. So volume will be super higher when inclusion announcement happens.

Now when the inclusion day arrives, volume might drop again. But I have a hard time seeing it drop back anywhere close to this volume because 20 million shares traded is way...way below average(and the moving average has already come down quite a bit from a month ago when it was about 100 million shares traded daily).

I meant once all the dust is settled every day will look like this. I think AAPL, AMZN trade 1-2% of total outstanding shares every day

That already happens. Generous people who want to contribute to society pay their taxes and give to charity. Selfish people keep their money and use every trick possible to avoid taxes. It's not a fair system. That's why we have taxes in the first place.

No need to reply. I will delete this as soon as I get a disagree, so I know at least one of you read it.

The flip side to that is some people(including myself) hate how wasteful the government is and I have zero desire to fund their military spending. I would happily pay 40% of my gains in Tesla if the money was being spent on social reform, social assistance....done efficiently and they cut out the military spending.

Until that happens, I'll gladly reduce my taxes however I can and donate money directly to causes/charities that I feel the money makes a direct impact towards.

Sorry Tim I replied even though you said no need to reply. I do very much agree with the sentiment in your post

Last edited:
is this the plane?

Aircraft 0xa835af - OpenSky Network

Still in Berlin
On a Swedish forum someone posted that a flightplan had been filed for a 7.11 p.m. take off arriving at 8.11 p.m. Although it's now 100 minutes later and it hadn't taken off awhile ago. Presumably it takes time to find some good Germans.

As for visiting Sweden now I can see two reasons.

1. talks with Northvolt about batteries.
2. bringing Tesla in to fix our electricity grid so the south don't have to overpay because they can't get enough of our plentyful electricity here.

I'm hoping for both.

Welcome to TMC. :)

Can you provide us to a source or link confirming that Elon is in Sweden today? :cool:

It seems that the original source is someone on FB that has insight into the booking of landning slots on swedish airports. I can not confirm it in any way but some swedish Tesla owners are there waiting.
The rumor has lso been picked up by a couple of sites. Here is a link to one (in Swedish). Rykte: Elon Musk till Sverige – landar redan ikväll

Foreigner here. Any reason he (trump) couldn’t rerun in four years?
My understanding is that no, there is no reason.

And if anybody can pull off the Trump campaign, messaging, and agenda then it has to be Trump.

And assuming he's medically ok, then he looks to me like the sort of individual who can't avoid seeking out that kind of spotlight. (MHO)

I disagree with the conclusion - I have no opinion on the opening observation.

My rationale is that at the top line, we have a country that has voted 50% for Trump, and 50% for Biden. We can argue in each case whether the votes are primarily FOR the candidate, or AGAINST the other candidate.

I know that in my own circle, there is an overwhelming fraction of people who are honestly mystified how anybody can vote for Trump.

And yet, the country is voting 50/50 along those lines. What I worry about is a better Trump than Trump in 2024. Somebody that has the same core agenda, presented in the same way to get votes, but is more focused on getting the agenda implemented than keeping the spotlight shined on them in all their glory.

The point of the 50/50 observation is that if we want to climb down off the ledge, we're going to need to get beyond to "my side good, other side evil".

I think we're going to see the Trump campaigning approach in 2022 and 2024. We might even see Trump back in 2024. And until we see a landslide (for or against), or at least a steadily worsening election map for that campaign message and agenda, it's not going anywhere. There has been too much success with that message in 2016, 2018, and 2020.

I argue that 2018 was the first sign of rejection when Trump lost the house. But this election reversed that thought and than some. There were three key states Trump had to lose in order for any kind of symbolic rejection of the Trump GOP. It was Georgia, FL, and Texas.

Reactions: Johann Koeber