Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forward observing.

Those that watched and listened to the Tesla/Elon annual report and battery evolution took an IQ test.

What we learned was the total transformation, including environmental improvements, of battery production. Taking a pound of dirt out and later replacing it in mining; which American coal company does that? The technology laid out before us ~ OMG.

What was missing? I did not hear the words production he11. I did not hear, they are rolling off the assembly line to meet demand.

What was laid out in detail, so I could understand it, was a timeline with achievable goals. What was there was technology thinking eight hundred thousand years in the making. What you heard was what I heard as a child ~ we are going to the moon. FYI ~ I was in the Day Room watching the first landing on the moon following basic training, and one month out from receiving my destination orders.

Just think where GM would be today had Lutz had 1% of Elon’s conviction. Nothing to say about intelligence..

Fanboy (me)? You might want to take the IQ test again. Or, do you get a Negative Nancy award?

You can bet I am waiting for the 3Q20 production numbers.:D

Help Wanted ~ can someone come up with or has a male oriented saying instead of “Negative Nancy”? fU Bill; Downer Bob. . .

apple is the golden god of walled gardens. So much of its revenue growth is guaranteed due to this. It is one of the safest places for money to be due to this.

Companies with walled gardens look safe until the barbarians figure out how to scale the walls. Then the fat, soft, and green defenders get massacred and have their women sold into slavery by people who have been fighting since they were 5.

Endlessly innovating is the only way to survive long term.

Mr. Market can't have it both ways for long.

Tesla’s Battery Suppliers Feel Shock From Musk’s Cost-Cut Push
"Shares of LG Chem Ltd. slid as much as 5.5% in Seoul, while Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. dropped 4.7% in Shenzhen and Panasonic Corp. dropped 4.3% in Tokyo. The world’s three top EV battery makers all supply Tesla, according to Bloomberg’s Supply Chain Analysis."

The Tesla battery is real. Why else would it's battery suppliers share price drop after Tesla, their largest customer, just annouced that they will be increasing their battery orders of them? Let Mr. Market play catch up with TSLA. It may take days, weeks or months. It will happen.

Mr. Market can't have it both ways for long.

Tesla’s Battery Suppliers Feel Shock From Musk’s Cost-Cut Push
"Shares of LG Chem Ltd. slid as much as 5.5% in Seoul, while Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. dropped 4.7% in Shenzhen and Panasonic Corp. dropped 4.3% in Tokyo. The world’s three top EV battery makers all supply Tesla, according to Bloomberg’s Supply Chain Analysis."

The Tesla battery is real. Why else would it's battery suppliers share price drop after Tesla, their largest customer, just annouced that they will be increasing their battery orders of them? Let Mr. Market play catch up with TSLA. It may take days, weeks or months. It will happen.

The reason is because the assumption is that Tesla will push them to lower their prices.

By far the best way to have experienced Battery Day was to view it on its own merit, without the distraction of the AH ticket tape tracking in the background at every comment, and yes, even the distraction of this thread. Only then would one be able to make their own judgement without impact from outside references. The speculation is over. We ALL now have exactly the same information. I did this and can truly say it was the best presenation ever by Tesla, outlining their roadmap to their future of sustainable transport. A wake up call the legacy auto. I was very impressed.

Short term traders will likely be disappointed. Long term investors will be greatly rewarded. We are seeing the future now.

By far the best way to have experienced Battery Day was to view it on its own merit, without the distraction of the AH ticket tape tracking in the background at every comment, and yes, even the distraction of this thread. Only then would one be able to make their own judgement without impact from outside references. The speculation is over. We ALL now have exactly the same information. I did this and can truly say it was the best presenation ever by Tesla, outlining their roadmap to their future of sustainable transport. A wake up call the legacy auto. I was very impressed.

Short term traders will likely be disappointed. Long term investors will be greatly rewarded. We are seeing the future now.
A mature and well thought out presentation answering the questions the market has been asking all along-- when will EVs become affordable and how are you going to do it?

I feel like I’m in groundhog day.

Tesla: We are about to do amazing things.
CNBC: Will never happen! Solar city! 30k car! Elon makes promises!
Tesla: We made amazing happen and made billions.
Stock: 10x!

Tesla: We are about to do amazing things with batteries.
CNBC: Will never happen! Solar city! 30k car! Elon makes promises!
Tesla...

...well you know what happens next.

I was pleasantly surprised by the stated specs and the details provided were exceptional. They didn't just say "we will cut price in half, trust us" but really spent time showing HOW. The only miss was not having something physical to show. We all know that showing off a plaid roadster with the new cells doesn't matter one bit to the company's future, but that would have given the media a shiny picture to share. All in all this was very bullish to me. Tesla didn't just luck into some magical new battery. We were given a perfect example of first principles and how they look at every single input for cost savings or performance increases. What was it that Ford said recently? No benefit to building your own batteries because they are commodities? Whoops.

Lucid and Porsche just lost a bunch of orders from that announcement though IMO.

Edit, and a 25k Tesla...that would have a cost of ownership of a 20k or so ICE car. And of course it would be far safer and fun.

I suppose that is the point of my post...i don’t know how to value that or predict this. I do believe Tesla will continue to grow, perhaps substantially, over the years. however, the stock price has gone up so much that it seems that the future growth is already priced in.

are peoples expectation here that Tesla will become as big and profitable as say Apple, Thus resulting in more stock appreciation?
When I started investing in Tesla I had absolutely no doubt that this was a game changer. I was investing in the future. I started with just a handful of shares, maybe five or so. And over the years anytime it was under a certain price I picked up some more. I have no regrets about starting small. However, I know I'll probably never see my buy price limit anymore so I may have to change my game. ;)

Last edited: