Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... and you got one more 'dislike' because you're prejudging battery day.

The very fact that they is a wide variety of opinions on what's coming today means that today's information is worth waiting for before prejudging.

You're also demonstrating recency bias by basing your pre-judgements on Autonomy day, while totally ignoring the FACT that Elon (and the Board) are among the quickest learners in the world.

So I disagree. ;)

Cheers!

Happy to have the discussion. While I do admit to pre-judging Battery Day, I also think you're not paying close enough attention to my main point, which is "What are Elon's goals with Battery Day?"

Again, I don't think his goal is to make the stock price go up or sell more Tesla vehicles. And while Autonomy Day was a bust investing-wise, Elon could have regarded it as a success since it made others in the self-driving industry say he may be right about lidar.

So, what do you think Elon's goals are for Battery Day?

Former Chrysler CEO: Tesla faces challenge of building infrastructure to support EV, favorable pricing and demand for big vehicles

This guy could possibly be the most clueless person to ever speak about EV's on CNBC. It's jaw-dropingly stupid and he makes Bob Lutz look like Einstein.

People like this make me realize just how ahead of the curve Tesla really is and that lead is only getting wider as traditional automakers (with very few exceptions) seemed to be caught like a deer in the headlights.

Today's event will be very interesting and important to long term holders, I'm not sure what effect it will have on day to day gamblers. I don't really care anyway, long and staying that way.

Go TSLA
Go ELON

Cheers to the longs .....

But why? What's Elon's First Principle goal here? He's not a show-off just to show off.

The you actually agree with me. I said: "Remember, Tesla showed great technology potential in April 2019"

Do you really think that is Musk's intent? I don't.

Back to Autonomy Day. I thought Autonomy Day was awesome, Wall St. thought it was a flop. I think one of Elon's goals was to establish that lidar was not necessary ("a crutch") and that NN learning/training was the way to go. While Wall St. thought it was a flop, I bet articles like this: Researchers back Tesla's non-LiDAR approach to self-driving cars and Tesla Autopilot and Elon Musk's Lidar Stance Discussed by Waymo Founder made Elon happy.

So, what's Elon's goal(s) with Battery Day?
It doesn't matter what research backs. Tesla needs to release videos of what they have to silence the critics who puts them as dead last because they use EAP as a frame of reference. You have Elon telling everyone Lidar is stupid, and yet we don't see videos of Tesla's doing things like in the mobile eye video. People can't just take his word for it. As of right now, Tesla FSD has no credibility as being robotaxi ready or even close to it...unless they start showing us progress.

This guy could possibly be the most clueless person to ever speak about EV's on CNBC. It's jaw-dropingly stupid and he makes Bob Lutz look like Einstein.

People like this make me realize just how ahead of the curve Tesla really is and that lead is only getting wider as traditional automakers (with very few exceptions) seemed to be caught like a deer in the headlights.

It's more likely they're gaslighting

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I assume the same will be true for all automation engineers and battery chemistry engineers after hearing Battery Day...
Ah... no. Tesla's completed the engineering work on the bty chemistry. The remaining work is in scaling production. Tesla Grohmann Engineering and Maxwell Tech. are key resources now, but even all those acquistions were in motion years ago.

The key hires and decisions are long behind Tesla. Today is about the path forward, and execution.

Two small things:

1) Isn’t the S&P having some kind of “Future of Energy” chit-chat today? Scheduled for the same time as Battery Day? Furthering the old boys’ club vs. Tesla chasm or...?

2) I seem to remember from my cartoon-watching days that just as Coyote would be inching up to Roadrunner, ready to drop his anvil, Roadrunner would give him a quality raspberry and take off. And the anvil would fall on his head.

Though more realistically, I think Elon’s tweet was about protecting existing battery suppliers.
I don't have a link, because this thread moves seriously fast, but someone mentioned yesterday that S&P wanted to bring focus on hydrogen... o_O:mad: (we really need a facedesk or facepalm smiley if you ask me)

Wouldn't be battery day with our fav GJ making his dumb comments;

Enjoy! "5 people have died according to tesladeaths.com relying on tesla's battery technology"...Did not know that batteries killed people....Guess you learn something new every day.

Dude even compared $NKLA to $TSLA....god..this guy is soooooooooo STUPID!

Last edited:
Former Chrysler CEO: Tesla faces challenge of building infrastructure to support EV, favorable pricing and demand for big vehicles

Today's event will be very interesting and important to long term holders, I'm not sure what effect it will have on day to day gamblers. I don't really care anyway, long and staying that way.

Go TSLA
Go ELON

Cheers to the longs .....

Jesus, I lose several IQ points watching that, and I gave up half-was through. Just a ramble of incoherent thoughts...

What's Elon's First Principle goal here?

in no particular order...
1. Recruiting : show what they're working on to attract top talent
2. PR : tell the world about what Tesla is up to and generate a lot of positive buzz for company
3. Announce upcoming products and generate consumer enthusiasm
4. Boost company morale

It's very similar to why Apple does their product announcement events instead of just doing a press release.