Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LoL. I'm not afraid to admit I sold in May after the 5/1 8:11 tweet cuz I thought Elon was losing his mind. I told my wife and she gave me the chilling "you effing retard" look. Mind you, I've always been the wallet keeper but here're her exact words "Why did you do that? It was our ticket out of this dump!" :p So I bought back shortly after. :oops:

This sounds just like my interactions with my wife.

No doubt that even if we eventually make 10 million on this investment, the focus will solely be on the 1 million that I effed up. :D

I just did this in my employer's 401k, This should help the push to 2000

edit: it seemed to have worked lol

upload_2020-8-20_11-56-1.png

Elon tweeted "aloha" to the returning capsule the other day. Space elevators are something he no doubt considers (rockets and space elevators do the same thing). Hawaii = Polynesian. That's probably all there is to that.

Agreed. As silly as it sounds, this spike might be best explained by folks thinking the stock split record date is more important than it actually is. Rush of FOMO to enter the stock before August 21.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Agreed. As silly as it sounds, this spike might be best explained by folks thinking the stock split record date is more important than it actually is. Rush of FOMO to enter the stock before August 21.
If the stock can tank for stupid reasons, it can surely rise for stupid reasons.

Look, let's not waste everyone's time on this forum: If you have DATA to support your "spurious correlation" suggestion, please post it.

We're all curious, I'm sure.

Thank you.
Um, you're being dense. There is no data that supports that a split causes a stock to rise. Quite possibly a stock rising causes a split. Or they are both due to some other thing entirely. You have presented nothing showing otherwise.

Speaking of wasting time...