Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The words "paint" and "dry" come to mind, and boy my head is sore from the $1515 resistance...

A quick look at the options and puts/calls at $1500 are almost equal, so new target is $1545 - they don't want a >$1550 close, but would love to tease some more premiums from the optimistic unwashed...View attachment 565669

Obviously I wasn't thinking straight (wasn't the beers, honest), but in the interest to still close near to $1500, but above or below doesn't matter...

I'm seeing <9M in volume? Slow days like this are easy peasy for these clowns to move the SP around.

I'll take $1500.69 for a close on July the 17th 2020. Onward to $2k next week!

MMs probably have an instrument like this with an easy dial.

upload_2020-7-17_16-0-29.jpeg

lol $1,500.84
I am usually skeptical of manipulation conspiracies but this attraction to 1,500 is pretty strong. Maybe it's just due to options expiration but it makes me wonder if there is something to the theory of a preemptive S&P addition before earnings along with a share offering resulting in underwriter stabilization at 1,500.

I'm not an expert in options, but I did take some finance courses. By buying and selling a series of call options at different strike prices, you can create a butterfly spread. The net result is profit if the stock price does not move. Is this what is happening with TSLA or does theory not work in practice?