Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These EOQ dashes for "victory" are great for the occasional pop in share price. Not complaining. But it's hard to imagine that these end of qtr games don't take a toll. If the goal is the build-out of sustainable high-volume, high-quality manufacturing output with low defect rates, these seem disruptive: extra wear-and-tear on employees, and higher risk of defects.
Maybe some other race to greatness will come along when they hit 2 million car rate, but I think Elon wants to inspire a race to greatness attitude and I don't think 500,000 cars a year, a 100,000 in a quarter or even a million cars in a quarter is going to meet his idea of success. I thought Shanghai would be the end of this, but I think it might be reduced a bit after GF6 is done in Texas, but I'll bet there'll be some new crazy nearly impossible goal. Until GF6 is done and GF3 & 4 are at full capacity, i doubt we'll see much letup in these end of quarter pushes. If I'm wrong, I think it will be due to very positive developments.

I'm just now getting updated since I went out for run right when that email broke. But I feel like that email has more to do with Elon wanting to beat Q2 2019 deliveries than anything else. Like others have mentioned, if Tesla is close, they have a lot of levers they could pull for profitability......But to post year over year growth on deliveries during a pandemic and economic shutdown......:eek:

I have no idea how you can possibly enjoy driving that vehicle without all the autopilot you can get. Come on....you can DO IT!

UGH... I'm so tempted to by FSD on my Model X just to support 2Q #'s.. but I would hate for it to be all for naught. Therefore, it has to make sense to spend $7k for the actual service.. which idk if I can justify. Thoughts? Encouragement?

Good question. I bought FSD for my 2015 S and had the use of it in it's various iterations for 3 1/2 years until I traded in for the 2018 P3, for which I bought it again. No regrets. Like you, besides my interest in the feature, a significant motivation was to support Tesla.

As others have said, owning the car, (and its features) gives us the equivalent of 'insider information'. We are able to make bold investment decisions based on our actual day-to-day relationship with the product - decisions that in my case have made me far more than the costs; decisions I may not have made without this first hand exposure. Who knows for sure what I would have done without it?

We can extrapolate that the same experience expands to other owner-investors in proportion to the growth of the fleet.

Of course, only you can weigh the relative factors involved in your personal circumstances.

I think you're double counting. 88k deliveries would already include the 15k of additional inventory from Q1.
To not need the 166 in credits would require 88k +15k deliveries. (All else being equal)

Edit: the COGS for the vehicle follows it and its sale, not the quarter it was built.

Yeah, I see what you mean. That's too bad. Well let's just add the 15k to the 88k and deliver 103k instead. That should do it easily.

Reactions: mongo
I would suggest that we all stop posting for a moment and go to 'Tesla Shop'.....sell a share AH...and buy, buy, buy! ;)

Edit: The return on THAT investment will be 'Yuge':cool:
2 Spare Sets of Model X wiper blades purchased, but Tesla wouldn't let me pay $500 for the HEPA Air Filtration Upgrade without scheduling an installation time, wish they'd just ship it to me for now.

I already bought FSD after I bought the car to help show my support when Model 3 was just ramping up. And I'm glad I did because AP and FSD IS getting better and better.

EDIT- Went back and paid for the HEPA upgrade as a "Gift" so I didn't have to book installation right now. I might be slow, but at least I'm smart. Sometimes...

$640 additional Q2 Revenue secured. Challenging everyone else to do at least as well.

Last edited:
Just think of what the quarter would have been like without COVID and the shutdown.
I almost hate to say this, but COVID was a life-changing event for my finances, in a positive way. I was ~half in TSLA, cashed out on the way down, went all-in at $375 and my net worth has doubled from it's prior all-time high.

As a result, I'm one of the very few that doesn't want to think about TSLA without COVID.

These EOQ dashes for "victory" are great for the occasional pop in share price. Not complaining. But it's hard to imagine that these end of qtr games don't take a toll. If the goal is the build-out of sustainable high-volume, high-quality manufacturing output with low defect rates, these seem disruptive: extra wear-and-tear on employees, and higher risk of defects.
I believe much of this is tied to the fact that Tesla has been shipping cars all over the world from one location. With Shanghai on line and Berlin/T**** on the horizon this should diminish.

UGH... I'm so tempted to by FSD on my Model X just to support 2Q #'s.. but I would hate for it to be all for naught. Therefore, it has to make sense to spend $7k for the actual service.. which idk if I can justify. Thoughts? Encouragement?
It would be good for everyone else on the TMC board here, if that helps? :)

If the stock pops to 1250 on Thursday, you will probably won't miss that 7000 at all.