Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked about so many things, he also mentioned California environmental rules as an issue. I say hire the guy Sandy Munro keeps talking about (i forgot to mention Munro's recommendation)

Yes Texas (paint & ) GA may be due to limits on painting cars in California..

I would not be surprised to find that lifting Model Y production at Fremont, requires some additional ability to paint cars..

So perhaps GA4 for Model Y production is already running, and GA5 Model Y is waiting on a few things, one of them being paint.
If paint doesn't happen, they may move GA5 to Texas... possibly in a tent...

They would still need paint in Texas.. but might get GA up and running first...

Finally was able to sell my NIO (for a tiny profit) and I transferred all I could from my HSA account to a trading account.
Selling my SEDG tomorrow.

I thought I was all in on TSLA...but now after consulting with my "untuned" crystal ball I am going to 11 with TSLA.

Glad for the opportunity of a life time....go big or go home I have heard works well.

Island's are challenging and I need resources.

In other words....wheeeeeeee!

Last edited:
What's his position?

I disagree that he knows what he's talking about (most employees at most large companies don't know squat). He's probably a low-level production manager or paper pusher. No way would Tesla hold up factory construction until next year, especially not for a measly license to sell legally in Texas. Some people have a not so hidden need to make themselves appear more important than they really are.
You may be right. It sounded like his opinion not a higher up one.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Coming down the rumor mill (EA = Early Access):

upload_2020-6-18_16-31-18.png

Another false new of Fred - Elekctrek blog with no verification of sources…...
It's NOT that redFay didn't have a source for the 'Austin land purchase', it's just that the source doesn't say what the blog post and Headline says... :p

I think Seth Weintraub writes (at least some of) their headlines. They're engineered to maximize 'Click' revenue.

Read Electrik at your peril. Ignoring is more often best. The Market sure did this afternoon.

Word.

Ben and Mitch Zacks were regular guests of mine on my old TV show.

Zacks - today: Sectors to Win or Lose If Blue Wave Sweeps U.S. Election

Excerpt:

Wining [sic] Sectors

Alternative Energy

Alternative energy has always been supported by Democratic leaders. If Democrats rule the Congress and the White House again, the stocks in the space will get a boost. Biden is forming a plan – a Clean Energy Revolution – to address the issue of climate emergency. He sees America becoming a 100% clean energy economy and having net-zero emissions no later than 2050. The move could further benefit stocks like First Solar Inc. (FSLR - Research Report) or electric vehicle giant Tesla (TSLA - Research Report) .

Last edited:
You mean in TSLA? It’s only up 0.7%.

haha I was about to post this too. It is up 10$ AH which is just 1% :). But seriously just watching the ticker go crazy seems like it was either some margin calls or somebody knows something and that something is now confirmed. Or maybe Jonas’s clients are done with their purchases and it’s time for the stock to moon, upgrade coming in the AM.

Barring a macro dip I don’t see how MMs can keep this under 1000 tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: capster
If Democrats rule the Congress and the White House again, the stocks in the space will get a boost. Biden is forming a plan – a Clean Energy Revolution – to address the issue of climate emergency. He sees America becoming a 100% clean energy economy and having net-zero emissions no later than 2050.

I sure hope not (on the democrats). Having net-zero economy is not the best way to get net-zero emissions.

After-action Report: Thu, Jun 18, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Zeros in on a Grand"

Traded: $9,765,191,462.18 ($9.76 B)
Volume: 9,774,599
VWAP: $999.04

Closing SP / VWAP: 100.50%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = 186.21B / 179.142B = 103.95%​

'Short' Report:

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 58.5% (53rd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 58.3% (59th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.43% of Short Volume (44th Percentile rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-06-18.png

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Last edited:
It is possible they will record it all in one year or over a few years.

It's also possible that the VA will be released over a few years? Do you know of any companies where it happened like that in the past?

My understanding is that a lot of the DTAs are currently "more likely than not" to not be usable, and that as soon as certain DTAs flip to "more likely than not" to be usable, the release of the VA attached to those DTAs will immediately all at once show up on the income statement.

Elon:
tweets “Taser comes standard with CyberTruck”

Bulls:
Elon is making light hearted jokes close to EoQ, must have been a good Q.

Bears:
FALSE ADVERTISING!!! FAKE PRODUCT!!! TESLA WILL GET SUED!!!

Surely Elon knows that longtime Tesla bull Andrea James now is a VP at Axon Corp, makers of the Taser...

It's also possible that the VA will be released over a few years? Do you know of any companies where it happened like that in the past?

My understanding is that a lot of the DTAs are currently "more likely than not" to not be usable, and that as soon as certain DTAs flip to "more likely than not" to be usable, the release of the VA attached to those DTAs will immediately all at once show up on the income statement.

Most ot the time I see the full Valuation Allowance reversed at once but there are examples of companies taking partial reversals.
Sun Bancorp did this in 2016. They had a VA balance of $127m and took only $54m to income.
Here is a link:
Sun Bancorp, Inc. Announces $53.7 Million Reversal of Deferred Tax Asset Valuation Allowance; Fourth Quarter Net Income of $2.3 Million, or $0.12 per Diluted Share and Full Year 2016 Net Income of $7.8 Million, or $0.41 per Diluted Share Excluding Valuation Allowance Reversal

Saw my 1st model Y today [bay area] wow! Heads were turning.

Funny thing is 2 thoughts went through my mind simultaneously:

it’s like an iPhone - I want one.
I had my first sighting yesterday, it was a pearly white one - caught only a glimpse, but it was distinctive! Looks spectacular, can't wait for ours