Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Battery day’s going to be big...potential for Tesla drivetrain to surpass ICE in power & range for a given weight in 12-18 months.
FBFC1F7F-FC05-46A2-8DA4-E8AD40049B25.jpeg

5F3BFE72-E639-4DA7-94CE-3B11E9A4C488.jpeg

831C074D-C6BA-47F7-9E0A-6FF1130DAC27.png

06357715-9AA0-4C03-8BB0-90670977F4E8.jpeg

Last edited:
If Tesla starts producing watch the regulatory bodies require a motorcycle license for this, just like they did for scooters, to insure there is no mass movement from cars.

It's already an existing federally-defined vehicle category under the Consumer Product Safety Commission (Low-Speed Electric Bicycles, with a 750 W maximum, pedals required, 2 or 3 wheels, and unable to propel the rider past 20 MPH on level ground without the rider pedaling).

And, many states already allow them under existing bicycle legislation - the norm is either to allow the CPSC definition as-is, or to have a multi-class system (Class 1 at 20 MPH with pedal assist only, Class 2 at 20 MPH with throttle and optional pedal assist, and Class 3 at 28 MPH with pedal assist only) that was first set up in California, and bicycle industry lobbying has gotten a lot of states to adopt that system. (Usually when states adopt that system, the rules are default allow for Class 1 and 2 on all bicycle infrastructure, default deny for Class 3 on segregated bicycle infrastructure, with provisions for individual trail systems to ban or allow the different classes - for instance, some unpaved trails want to ban throttles, so they'll limit things to Class 1.)

In fact, I'd argue that Tesla could increase the already existing lobbying pressure on the few states like New York that don't currently permit the legal operation of LSEBs (except as a type of motorcycle). (Part of what's happening is, because the federal definition defines what can be sold as a "bicycle", the states only regulate what can be used as a "bicycle", it's really easy to buy a bicycle that your state doesn't consider a bicycle on the roads... and then people who thought they were law-abiding are getting fined and their bicycles seized. This creates pressure on the states to conform at least vaguely with the federal definition.)

As far as scooters, depends on what kind you're talking about. If you're talking about kickscooters, most states allow those now, AFAIK, after Bird and Lyft's blitzing of cities and lobbying efforts. If you're talking about motorscooters, even the 50 cc ones have quite a bit higher performance than most electric bicycles (the Class 3 e-bikes are in the same performance window as a European 50 cc scooter, and are in fact treated as legally equivalent there, but Class 1 and 2 are much lower performance).

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Battery day’s going to be big...potential for Tesla drivetrain to surpass ICE in power & range for a given weight in 12-18 months.
View attachment 541585
View attachment 541586
View attachment 541588
View attachment 541589

The original tweets made me a bit nervous as it wasn't known to be Tesla-related.

There was even bits about impressively charging in very cold conditions.

Now that it seems to be Tesla (or partners), maybe I need to get my wife to buy moar stock. I'm all out.

Two missing ingredients are reduced costs and the production ramp. These are what the market wants to hear and Tesla must address on Battery Day.

This Twitter account has confirmed cred?

He locked his account, so he’s not in it for twitter followers. Seems to have legit engineering knowledge. And his picture is the dog from “Up”. Doesn’t get more trustworthy than that.

He locked his account, so he’s not in it for twitter followers. Seems to have legit engineering knowledge. And his picture is the dog from “Up”. Doesn’t get more trustworthy than that.

I follow him on twitter and he doesn't post regularly, only when he has something to say... that adds to his credibility IMO.

Twitter is so f'ing annoying. Who cares about horseshit guys are clearly just making up?

Lol, but you missed these giggles too! :p

upload_2019-12-8_22-19-29.png

... and FYI, there is nothing in these tweets that has not been covered in multiple scientific papers and patents by Dr. Jeff Dahn et.al (Tesla's Bty Research partner at Dalhousie University in Halifax).

Jus' sayin' :p

Look at my face. Do I look amused?

Nobody liked the Russian cat so I went for the American one. I’m going to buy a TSLA share for every time someone accuses me of being a Republican, Trump supporter, gun-shop owner, coal miner etc...since the demand shares are really slow in accumulating - I’m at 10 and we’re halfway through the quarter. Seriously disappointed in people.
You Republican, Trump supporter, gun-shop owner, coal miner, you... !!!

Edit: others beat me to it. Oh well, you just have to buy even more shares.

Edit: @Krugerrand rated this "helpful". :)

Last edited:
Look at my face. Do I look amused?

Nobody liked the Russian cat so I went for the American one. I’m going to buy a TSLA share for every time someone accuses me of being a Republican, Trump supporter, gun-shop owner, coal miner etc...since the demand shares are really slow in accumulating - I’m at 10 and we’re halfway through the quarter. Seriously disappointed in people.

You must be a Republican based on your “back to work” article below. :D
FE54F509-134D-4426-B9B1-091A42BF59DC.jpeg

I've tried to find out who soylent is. This is the best I can come up with. No real evidence, just a guess About Us | About Us | Exponent
I work for a company that has outsourced safety testing to Exponent. They are a large consulting firm which is consistently hired by the largest tech giants, local counties, and municipalities. They have experts in pretty much any field of work. A friend of mine worked for them and did some 1st gen Apple Watch battery testing in Alaska years before it was announced

Coal miner???

I thought you had lithium mines on your islands? Are you burning coal to power the electrified fences now?

People say the damnedest things.

I’m just letting everyone know I’m open to share buying on all sorts of associated labels/name calling/occupations/etc...whether they exist or not.

Sorry, but that does not qualify as a share purchase. It has to be a statement, not a question.

Let me help you out: You’re a hypocrite. Everybody knows you burn coal to power your electrified fences.

Canine worshiper! Glad you joined us...and let Dog into your heart.

How many shares is that worth?

I'm coming for ya ...ya commie rat.
View attachment 541566

Traitor!!

Fixed it for ya!

I approve of the new cat.

Also, you're a Republican, Trump Supporter, gun-shop owner, and coal miner. You can thank me later :)

OT:

You Republican, Trump supporter, gun-shop owner, coal miner, you... !!!

Edit: others beat me to it. Oh well, you just have to buy even more shares.

You must be a Republican based on your “back to work” article below. :D
View attachment 541609

Not to forget that some place at some tome there is a demand problem ;)

Maybe if we call him names like this often enough, we can do our own little TMC @Krugerrand pump and dump.

These quotes are from the last page and a half.
A serious well thought out post gets stricken from the record, yet the above quotes all are fine.

Usually i have no problem ignoring this stuff, and i only am trying to make a point, about what direction we want this forum to go. If i can ignore all these..in literally less than 2 pages...people here cant skip one post?