Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guy, I'll be honest with you. I'm kinda panicking. I honestly believe in the Tesla mission and the cars are awesome. But I just bought in at 900 and bought dips at 830 and 800. Probably got more than I should've and not really in the position to get more. Should I cut my losses? How much more is this going to drop?
I think that if the volatility of TSLA and the market in general is causing you to lose sleep and is affecting your day to day life, one should sit this out. This is definitely not for the faint hearted, and maybe the potential rewards do not justify the stress you are feeling. I've been there, and I've stayed strong and seen the rewards, but I know it can all go belly up again.

I think having gone through 2018-2019 actually helps strenghtened my resolved as I can see that the company at this point in time, is much stronger than it was at any of those points.

Guy, I'll be honest with you. I'm kinda panicking. I honestly believe in the Tesla mission and the cars are awesome. But I just bought in at 900 and bought dips at 830 and 800. Probably got more than I should've and not really in the position to get more. Should I cut my losses? How much more is this going to drop?
Just hold. I've been in TSLA since 2012. We have seen these drops before. It will come back.

Just hold tight. I was buying shares all the way up to $950 and now all the way back down again. If you believe in fundamentals, it doesn't matter

Try and raise a little spare cash to buy a few shares at this now discounted price, it will make you feel better :)

There's two scenarios: the international medical community fights it, with quarantines (current status), or they decide that the wall has been breached, wherein they switch to a focus on amelioration. You can't have it both widespread, spreading without control, and have quarantines, at the same time. There's no logic to quarantining something you can't stop. Instead, it becomes about minimizing disruption, minimizing spread within communities, and maximizing treatment.

As it stands, we're in the former situation. The latter is also a real possibility. But not both at the same time.

I didn't say widespread. I said spreading uncontrolled...which of course it is because we are not yet doing any meaningful level of quarantining. We can debate whether there are 100, 1000 or 10,000 who already have it inside US. I don't know. But if 100 have it that we don't know about it will spread to much larger numbers based on the data.

They cancel school here now if its too cold, or if even couple inches of snow are threatened to come...very different than when I was young. So if they find that the virus is now in a few places the reaction will be strong.

For me this represents opportunity in the markets. I hope those who believe in TSLA story have dry powder and the key thing is not to move to soon (IMO) like some already did today. I think this is early stages of developing story so could be much better prices ahead. And for those who think its all fluff, then by all means dive in today head first. Long term you will be right now matter what.

the market is panicking because it thinks we're gonna end up having quarantines with massive economic impact.
That is remote to unlikely. China situation has been improving day to day. The worst of COVID-19 is already over, except some moron countries such as Iran, where they are not transparent and fear of losing face to ask for helps.

Well, hopefully it'll drop about $3 more from the low so far, so my purchase will pop.

;-) Relax, lower your cost basis, and enjoy.

I understand many of us are watching our equity accounts fall. I’m not advising.

The core business is fine. I haven’t seen a datapoint that freaks me out except that Elon undersold the Y to protect 3 sales. But after seeing the “hatchback” open, the Y is going to be the best selling car of all time if we don’t go full destruction of Global economy.

Elon has the best engineers. I know this. I was one. I helped bring Starlink’s manufacturing line on-line.

Side fact: I have more handmade objects in orbit than any human on the planet outside of Redmond after helping the production side. I literally built the KA antenna components from pieces, by hand, for the first 5 launches of 1.0.

I worked with the most amazing people ever.

If I think about it it makes me cry.

I’m so sad I couldn’t do it my entire life. My family couldn’t relocate to boca or Redmond due to a crisis, and I had to come home.

Tesla will be fine.

This is a discount.

If you are worried about your equity accounts declining value, and it’s really affecting you, we can chat - Email, call, text. Don’t do anything drastic.

I’m not a financial advisor and I’m not giving anybody financial advice.

This company will take over the world. Panic is panic. Tesla is a risky investment in times like this. It will over react. Once energy grows and smooths revenue these things will no longer happen.

Attachments

• 008CB458-934C-4EB9-A7A3-05F363124BA5.jpeg
    008CB458-934C-4EB9-A7A3-05F363124BA5.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 85
I've been a Tesla super bull for years now, but this news...Tesla is moving crates around in Buffalo????? Sell Sell Sell1!!11!one

I wish I had a lot more cash ready to buy at these levels. Taking a small risk by placing some limit orders on margin but nothing I couldn't cover with ordinary income in the worst case scenario.

Seriously, If you really believe in Tesla, this shouldn't phase you at all, you need to just calm down, I bought another 33 at 844 a couple of days ago, although it can be annoying to watch the value drop, this is a volatile stock and absolutely nothing to worry about, talk of cutting your losses is silly, selling just guarantees a loss. Even if it drops to 500, so what? Within 5 years, we'll most likely be looking at multiple thousands and fretting if it drops to 2k! My advice is stop watching the SP and live your life. Come back for a look in in 6 months time.

I have a friend who is an early reservation holder for Model Y. I believe he said his total package was in the low $60's, including 7 seats. He got a call yesterday and was told that, if he took delivery of a car without 7 seats, he could get the car in March. He declined, and was told he would have to wait until 2021. Anyone??

not unlike having to wait for AWD or white seats in the Model 3 when it came out. And yes saw similar posts about the 7-seater going into production later.