Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those looking to deploy dry powder during this correction should keep in mind that when violent moves like this bottom, they almost always bottom hard and bounce back hard (with very little time to buy at the bottom). Violent moves like this over-react to the downside until fear peaks. Then greed sets in. Very few get the actual bottom pricing. It's very difficult to time (or to know whether it's the actual bottom or just a bounce).
hence dollar cost averaging buy on the way down and on the way up ... if the long term story still holds true ... which it does IMHO

My point is that people were way too quick to call bottoms and yell out BTFD the past few days, insofar as TSLA is concerned.

Anyone who says they know where the share price is going in the short term is either lying or deluded. If they really know, they would be a billionaire already

Before you start buying shares, you need to think about your strategy, how long you want to be in for, what the end game is, what you think the potential market for tesla is, when the market will start to price that in etc.

These rollercoaster rides are still stressful, but having a strategy you believe in stops the stress causing you to do something silly that you will regret later. It only takes one push of the button!

Bought 200 tsla @ 676 10.23am

upload_2020-2-27_10-20-41.png

upload_2020-2-27_10-20-48.png

Last edited:
Must be a regional access thing because the article is viewable for me. Basically Tesla and its landlord have moved a large number of crates and loaded pallets from the Giga2 space to a warehouse space in another company’s vacant building area that is the equivalent of a football field. The machinery as I read is owned the the landlord, Empire State Development, who thought if Tesla failed in the space they could lease the space out to someone else to move in and use. Don’t get this part. Given Tesla I would think they have their own uniquely designed equipment for production. With battery day reported to be held at this location kind of interesting development as well.

Note this is a claim without evidence.

I’m sure moving all that crated equipment (of football storage size) was observed by many curious people. Not everyone thinks to video everything LOL.

The point here apart from government waste is that on the Tesla front they must have asked for the unneeded equipment be removed from their space likely to install what they wanted and go into bigger production.

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
So in other news... did anyone get to take advantage of this morning's flash sale?

I had one limit order for a single July 17 1200$ call filled at open. Although prices subsequently went way down, I expect that trade to eventually become an advantage.

Also, I transferred more funds to by broker. Btw, that's interactivebrokers.com which has really poor response from their web-site these days (today and day before yesterday). I am effectively unable to trade, cannot even get quotes...

Surprisingly, I tweeted a complaint to @ibrk Tuesday and minutes later the cell phone I use for authenticating with them gets a call from the USA, from someone who knows who I am and my complaint who just wants to follow up on my troubles. I told him that since he knew who I was, he should please use the server logs to diagnose and fix the problem. I am unsure what service improvements may come, but I choose to see the call as a positive.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I managed a small buy at $754....have another one set for $750.....
A token purchase at 717, as today is first time in 3 weeks I slept through the opening, right into MMD. Feels great to buy shares of a brilliant business at a 183$ discount from my last purchase. Still some sliver of powder left. Hodl and add if you can