Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm I wonder if today was a good day to buy my first call options...time will tell!

Better than the previous trading day? Yes. Better than tomorrow, who knows? Falling knives and such. That being said, as has been pointed out, with MaxPain around 830, I don't see us going much lower this week unless there is real economic collapse.

Reactions: JakeP
Hmmm I wonder if today was a good day to buy my first call options...time will tell!

Depends for when and how much you paid...

I bought for mid May so it's after the Q1ER, if we get a profitable quarter and SP500 comes on the table, then I expect a good return, if not, well always go into an options trade assuming you'll lose the lot!

OK, done for today with some cash in pocket now, and just a recession hedge for now. Still holding plenty.

But this 50 shares got ripped apart 5 ways, never seen this... does it mean anything?
2-24-2020 11-05-26 AM.png

All I can say is... "I didn't sell at today's low." and "This felt really stupid."

So, let's change the channel... Where are all the Q1 cars, particularly the ones headed to Europe. Nothing much to see in Norway as of yet, any news from other countries? Seems to have been plenty of boats, as much as Q4 if Karen is to be believed (which she mostly is).

Answers on a postcard please, to the usual address...

Depends for when and how much you paid...

I bought for mid May so it's after the Q1ER, if we get a profitable quarter and SP500 comes on the table, then I expect a good return, if not, well always go into an options trade assuming you'll lose the lot!

Yep I bought a 2/28, a mid-May for the same reasons, and I’m waiting to buy a June 21 or 22 LEAP. Those prices aren’t moving nearly as much...the power of Theta and a big IV driving that.

Reactions: Tslynk67
One of the guests on CNBC mentioned margin calls go out at 2:30 PM EST which could trigger more selling. It's not been your typical day for TSLA(down 7% but on low volume indicating a lot of short selling) so looking forward to some action :)

Not sure about US, but here in Italy we are in full-swing paranoia.
The most productive (PIL-wise) regions are shutting down public services (schools, museums, etc.), asking people to stay at home, wash your hand several times per day, avoid public meetings etc.
I live in one of those regions and people are starting to buy everything in supermarkets, they are scared. Austria allegedly blocked an Italian train yeasteday night with 300 people in it.

Now, there have been just 7 casualties from the virus, all elder people with prior health conditions.
And, unknown to most, in Italy everything sucks besides food, fashion and the *health system*. Institutions are actually working but media are scavengers and talk about the virus 24/7. Headline on newspapers would make the Black Plague blush.
I personally am fairly calm, but I understand that fear is here to say for a few weeks, so markets are gonna plunge.
BTW, the silver lining is that CO2 emissions are gonna plunge too, so not all is bad ;-)

Ya, that's panic.

The preppers till now has been ridiculed. But they were proven right. There needs to be some fundamental changes in ppl's attitude towards diseases. And understand that prepping for something is just ppl's way of not panicking whent things do happen.

Same thing for wearing masks. There is still alot of stigma associated with it in the west. Where I live, nobody is wearing any masks. When it is probably the most dangereous time because when the population is not taking precautions, the R0 is at its peak.

Once panic sets in and ppl do wear masks, that's when you can probably take off the masks and actually get less chance of infection.

Unlike the the majority of people here, I only bought in July last year. So, I didn't have to go through 420 funding secure and production hell. I didn't have to go through 5 years of range bound SP. Although my gain is only 350%, I got it in a pretty short time. Needless to say I am constantly called lucky. Was it lucky? I'd never know. I'd never what I'd have done if I knew about TSLA in 2013. I'd never know if I'd have held through $178. What I know is days like this are when I earn my stripes. Please bring it on so next time someone calls me lucky I'll say STFU you don't know me. Pardon my French.
I was lucky when I first bought at $54. I've accumulated the whole time. Pretty much everyday the market just throws BS at you. Buying on the cheap is my little revenge.

Remember folks. Chaos is a ladder.;)
Ya, that's panic.

The preppers till now has been ridiculed. But they were proven right. There needs to be some fundamental changes in ppl's attitude towards diseases. And understand that prepping for something is just ppl's way of not panicking whent things do happen.

Same thing for wearing masks. There is still alot of stigma associated with it in the west. Where I live, nobody is wearing any masks. When it is probably the most dangereous time because when the population is not taking precautions, the R0 is at its peak.

Once panic sets in and ppl do wear masks, that's when you can probably take off the masks and actually get less chance of infection.
"Preppers" is a broad category. There are some people like myself that want to have a couple months of food on hand in case of disruptions/quarantines etc. (I'd never call myself a prepper) It's a stupid cheap insurance policy for something you can't insure against other ways. Then there are the other kind that are preparing for the apocalypse. Every little thing in the news is a sign of the end times, they stockpile guns, fortify their homes, and have plans to escape into the wilderness.

That would also be a sales/marketing force on wheels. And not only would it be cost-free marketing, it would be directly earning money. Beautiful.

It's one thing to see a Tesla zipping by. Another to talk with the owner and sit in the car.
I agree completely with this sentiment. The first and only electric car I've ever ridden in was a Prius taxi. This was before the Tesla IPO, but I was blown away at how quiet that car was in the interior and also the instant acceleration! It was one of many points that made me want to invest in Tesla to begin with, so imagine what riding in actual Teslas could do for sales and investment... it boggles the mind.

I have noticed that TSLAQ HATES CNBC. "Why dont they talk about any other companies?" Pretty much calls CNBC a Tesla shill. Welp, better luck picking side next time guys. Makes one wonder how you can manage to piss off both camps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-24-12-36-48-952_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-02-24-12-36-48-952_com.android.chrome.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 63
Remember folks. Chaos is a ladder.;)

"Preppers" is a broad category. There are some people like myself that want to have a couple months of food on hand in case of disruptions/quarantines etc. (I'd never call myself a prepper) It's a stupid cheap insurance policy for something you can't insure against other ways. Then there are the other kind that are preparing for the apocalypse. Every little thing in the news is a sign of the end times, they stockpile guns, fortify their homes, and have plans to escape into the wilderness.
What's your address? In case I get hungry post-disruption.....

• Funny
Reactions: Dare