Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So about that VIX (Volatility Index)... check this out, 3yrs below. Is this pattern nervousness about Q1 something? Sure looks cyclic and here we go again. I don't own it, but it also looks like it takes a month or so to settle back down.

2-24-2020 11-36-58 AM.png

Electrek - 15 minutes ago: Tesla is trying to change law that would make its electric semi truck popular in Europe - Electrek

Excerpt:

In several European countries, there’s a ban of vehicles with a legal maximum weight exceeding 7.5 tons and semi-trailers between 00:00 and 22:00 on Sundays and public holidays all year.

Some markets have different applications of the ban with different exceptions, but the goal, in general, is to improve air conditions and reduce noise pollution.

Since electric trucks don’t contribute to air or noise pollution, Tesla and other electric truck makers are arguing that the ban shouldn’t apply to them.

So about that VIX (Volatility Index)... check this out, 3yrs below. Is this pattern nervousness about Q1 something? Sure looks cyclic and here we go again. I don't own it, but it also looks like it takes a month or so to settle back down.

View attachment 514642
When people finally get their Christmas shopping credit card bill.

Any word on the first Model Y deliveries? I'm in line for one but I just put the deposit down a few weeks ago so I'm not holding my breath about seeing mine this year .... but I'm really anxious to actually see one in person.

The only thing that I recall about the timeline was "sometime in March" ....
I have a friend whom I trust that has a Model Y reservation, as do I. He got a phone call this morning inviting him to attend a Model Y event in Vegas this Saturday. He can't go. I can find no confirmation that anything is happening this weekend, but his is the last day of Feb with deliveries expected in March. Interesting........

I have noticed that TSLAQ HATES CNBC. "Why dont they talk about any other companies?" Pretty much calls CNBC a Tesla shill. Welp, better luck picking side next time guys. Makes one wonder how you can manage to piss off both camps.
Well in fairness to the Q's, they are insane and completely out of touch with reality.

A good overview of today's market activity:

So many here today talking as if the stock got absolutely decimated. We're still in the mid 800s!
TSLA is down less than twice the percentage of the NASDAQ. This is just perfectly normal trading for no news. Although actually there is news, it just isn't being reported that GF3 is producing and shipping a lot of cars, and GF4 is moving at blitz speed.

In the same breath that others thought early in the week was rise, Thur/Fri sell off pattern for 11 weeks (or something like that)?

As stated endlessly, it works until it doesn't.

I also sold a "safe" put last week for this Friday, it's ITM now. I also rebought $875 call on Friday assuming SP rise today.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

This is a useful article that I read last week: The simple maths error that can lead to bankruptcy

Anyway, I'm just saying, it's not as bad as many are making out, one needs some perspective. Sure for some it might be unfortunate timing, but so it goes, roll the bones.

View attachment 514642

The cycle is very imprecise. So triggered by human fear and not the ice cold logic of algos?

Btw with the share price holding steady around Max Pain it feels fridayish. I think I need to take a couple of days off starting tomorrow.

Montana Skeptic has an insane article on Seeking Derpa about Tesla's 10k. The lack of actual analysis and insane confirmation bias was something to behold. This kind of thing just solidifies in my mind the idea that most fund managers aren't that bright or even well educated in valuation or general business.
After all the FUD this person has wrought onto Tesla, why do you think anything he writes is in good faith?

I also sold a "safe" put last week for this Friday, it's ITM now. I also rebought $875 call on Friday assuming SP rise today.

This is a useful article that I read last week: The simple maths error that can lead to bankruptcy

Anyway, I'm just saying, it's not as bad as many are making out, one needs some perspective. Sure for some it might be unfortunate timing, but so it goes, roll the bones.

I quote the article:
"... people with higher IQs are actually more susceptible to the gambler’s fallacy than people who score less well on standardised tests. It could be that the more intelligent people overthink the patterns and believe that they are smart enough to predict what comes next."

I'm seeing patterns everywhere!!!
Just sayin'

I hope everyone also realizes where Tesla is as a company now vs last year. If this type of Macro event had hit Tesla back in Q1/2 of 2019, that might actually have been game over. Tesla is now appreciated by Wall Street, has diversified beyond the US, and has a big cash balance.

After all the FUD this person has wrought onto Tesla, why do you think anything he writes is in good faith?
I definitely don't. I just find it amusing how far people will go.

I quote the article:
"... people with higher IQs are actually more susceptible to the gambler’s fallacy than people who score less well on standardised tests. It could be that the more intelligent people overthink the patterns and believe that they are smart enough to predict what comes next."

I'm seeing patterns everywhere!!!
Just sayin'

Dunning Kruger. ;)

OK, done for today with some cash in pocket now, and just a recession hedge for now. Still holding plenty.

But this 50 shares got ripped apart 5 ways, never seen this... does it mean anything?
View attachment 514632

All I can say is... "I didn't sell at today's low." and "This felt really stupid."
What it means is that you picked the right limit. The trade price oscillated above and below your limit a couple of times until it filled.