Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I met with a tax advisor today. He recommended starting a private company and doing my stock trading within it, so that it can be done pretax. I think I'm going to take him up on the idea.

What do you think about the name "Grunnsamlegt Skúffufyrirtæki ehf" ("Suspicious Shell Corporation Inc.")? ;)

I prefer "Definitely Not a Tax Shelter, Inc" myself.

Why invest in so-called “5G” when Starlink is coming soon?

Based on Tesla’s vision and strategy, isnt it more accurate to compare it to Aramco valuation rather than Auto or Tech?

I think 5G is a cellular network tech. It works in cities. More people, more cells.

Starlink will work best for low population density areas. Your bandwidth will be inversely proportionate to the number of pizza dish receivers under the satellites.

Why invest in so-called “5G” when Starlink is coming soon?

Based on Tesla’s vision and strategy, isnt it more accurate to compare it to Aramco valuation rather than Auto or Tech?

Phones have too small antennas to reach Starlink.

Ps! Starlink is not a part of Tesla. It's a part of SpaceX.

So, I met with a tax advisor today. He recommended starting a private company and doing my stock trading within it, so that it can be done pretax. I think I'm going to take him up on the idea.

What do you think about the name "Grunnsamlegt Skúffufyrirtæki ehf" ("Suspicious Shell Corporation Inc.")? ;)
I would go with something boring like 'Sheldon J Plankton Invesments, Corp.'

Anyone fancy a good laugh?
This guy will provide it if you like.

Here’s the case for buying Ford, GM or Fiat Chrysler instead of Tesla

My god that was horrible. To think an actual grown adult wrote that, and then probably told friends he is an 'analyst'. He seems to be impressed that fords truck currently outsells the cybertruck, which isnt on sale yet. He mentions FCA without realizing they are currently paying tesla in cash because they are abject failures at making any EVs that sell. He also seems to think that the defining electric car so far is the volt and not the model S, X, or 3.
It laughable. I feel stupider for reading it. Why are so many of these people so completely and utterly clueless?

My god that was horrible. To think an actual grown adult wrote that, and then probably told friends he is an 'analyst'. He seems to be impressed that fords truck currently outsells the cybertruck, which isnt on sale yet. He mentions FCA without realizing they are currently paying tesla in cash because they are abject failures at making any EVs that sell. He also seems to think that the defining electric car so far is the volt and not the model S, X, or 3.
It laughable. I feel stupider for reading it. Why are so many of these people so completely and utterly clueless?
Oh for real? I didn't know that Ford sold lots of F150s. BRB, buying F.

To be fair, he never actually said it was a *good* case.

This part annoyed me the most:

And for those who continue to be wrapped up in the war with Tesla, it’s important to remember that GM played an important role in pushing us toward an electric future with its mass-market plug-in hybrid, the Chevy Volt.

AYFKM? How about all of those crushed EV1s that GM parlayed into Hummers? Ridiculous

Honestly, that aspect did cross my mind ;)

The other possibility is to do wait for Cybertruck - assuming I have the cash at that point in time (looking great right now!) - and then add that to have it for a high-clearance vehicle.
Elon Musk on Twitter

Feel better now?

Nikola Reveals Badger Electric Pickup Truck With 600-Mile Range

If they can build an EV truck with 300 miles of EV range AND have room/pricing left over to allow a hydrogen fuel cell, why would they bother with hydrogen? Just double up the battery. I don't get it.

These start at 80K , how much do you think would they ask for a full size truck with wasted fuel cell space..

Nikola Corp | NZT

Nikola.JPG