Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like incorporating solar in to the battery day. The first autonomy investors day was about getting investors to see the value in a part of the company that management felt was undervalued. I think we'd all agree that Tesla's solar and battery potential is undervalued so makes sense to hold an investors day for that as well.

also analysts all basically view Giga NY as a flop so holding it there and showing it running well would move the stock price imo

Worth also noting that most analysts and financial media are located in NYC - so holding an investors day in the state means a lot more relevant attendees.

(Also the buffalo factory is the current deranged “fraud of the month” theory of TSLAQ as well as other tree stumps like Einhorn, so having everyone there seeing the operations will be an excellent STFU situation from Elon).

So, I met with a tax advisor today. He recommended starting a private company and doing my stock trading within it, so that it can be done pretax. I think I'm going to take him up on the idea.

I'd suggest checking with your broker under what conditions they'll take you on as an Icelandic corporate entity that is trading options.

Both account balance minimums and margin conditions are usually stricter - and there might also be limitations on what counties they accept.

(The main reason is, I believe, that brokers can go after the debt of private individuals far more effectively than that of corporate entities.)

Today's trading, although the numbers are all bigger, looks a lot like many typical old trading days for Tesla. None of the completely wild swings, nothing over 5% except for the early hour or so. I am very happy with a few percent rise every day for the next few months.

Very high volume still, with good resilience against drops.

The high volume is amazing considering how much more a single share costs today. 10m shares traded was considered a busy day 6 months ago at $200, resulting in $2b daily turnover.

This year 20m+ shares volume is normal, which at $750 is $15b of turnover - crazy high.

Either a big buyer is accumulating, or the float is contracting significantly, IMO.

Last edited:
Today's trading, although the numbers are all bigger, looks a lot like many typical old trading days for Tesla. None of the completely wild swings, nothing over 5% except for the early hour or so. I am very happy with a few percent rise every day for the next few months.

Heck, I'll take a few tenths of a percent every day for the next few months. I'm not greedy.

I recommend against it. A few acquaintances of mine have had nasty tax audits after choosing clever names like that. Tax inspectors do NOT have a sense of humor, much less so irony. I hold those to be universal truths.
note: I have been audited in six countries. Never once have any of those auditors displayed any non-robotic traits, and they have all been literalists. Luckily for me I escaped all of them unscathed but have altered every single economic activity to reflect the most boring possible situation. Thus far that has worked.

I recommend something like "Icelandic Reforestation Support Company")
Of course. Do you think actual humans choose to look at tax forms all day?

Capital world investors new filing. + 2MM or is it +12MM? I dont know if the two Capitals are the same, perhaps not

OLd.PNG
old2.PNG

Last edited:
Getting "accredited" investor status is specific to each entity you do business with. You basically just attest to the fact that you meet the criteria. Basically, you have over $1 million in net worth (not counting your residence). It's an out-dated standard with respect to who it was originally intended to protect (the middle class).

Personally, I would like to see the rules changed to basically let anyone be accredited once they could show basic financial competence (that they knew what they were doing). While it does let you invest in more risky assets, it's not really something to necessarily strive for.

Wouldn’t that be something? Just like studying a bit to pass a drivers license test, it would be interesting to have an investor accreditation test. You’d have to show basic knowledge of options, balance sheet, income statement, capital structure. Lord knows a little knowledge in this area wouldn’t hurt.