Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next week GF3/Shanghai could extend its closure for another 1 week which can push the SP down. Isn't there still some pressure to bring this down to lower levels due to shorts and Technical price being over extended?

Long here. I don't see extended shutdown causing people in China to cancel their orders or makes them think another ev is better. Same thought process I use when I hear if deliveries are short by a few thousand in a quarter.

Long here. I don't see extended shutdown causing people in China to cancel their orders or makes them think another ev is better. Same thought process I use when I hear if deliveries are short by a few thousand in a quarter.
The virus is a risk to supply, not so much to demand IMO. That's if the virus doesn't go full pandemic of course, and if it does then every company will be hammered and a recession is likely. I'm also hoping that since it's early in the ramp the net impact isn't that large. I have to assume management is still doing work to help us move farther along the ramp timeline.

• Informative
Reactions: ninpb
Last edited:
Next week GF3/Shanghai could extend its closure for another 1 week which can push the SP down. Isn't there still some pressure to bring this down to lower levels due to shorts and Technical price being over extended?

Zach said likely 1 wk to 10 days during the CC on Jan 29. A Tesla China VP said yesterday they will likely restart on Mon, Feb 10. Shanghai is 13 hrs ahead of NYC so we might get word on the reopening before trading startes in New York.

Lol. there's always selling pressure from the shortzes. You new? ;)

The technicals are in TSLA's fa5vor right now, with the Upper-BB now sitting at a comfortable $828.83 (about $75 above current SP), so lot's of head room for a move up before technical selling pressure materializes.

RSI is good right now too at 67, lowest value since Dec 13, 2019 (TSLA is no longer overbought). So from a technical point of view, we could say TSLA is well set up for solid gains next week.

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart+RSI.2020-02-06.12-08.png

I would not be surprised to see the SP test the $830 level early in the week.

Cheers!

A mod chickening out, now that’s a story. I saw some people have been referring to my decision to liquidate my whole TSLA position after the SP came crashing down from 960. Why that happened? Lately I had been too much focussed on the effect of the stock movements on the financial value of my portfolio, which at the top was up 720k, and a few trading hours later was up 520k. After having ridden the SP down from 300 to 178 in the spring of 2019 I thought I had balls of steel. But my stomach was the problem. It churned. So I bailed.

At first that felt good, the uncertainty was gone. But that didn’t last long. In fact, just a few hours.

I am a true believer in a bright future for Tesla. It will be the #1 technology brand in the world. And likely the most valuable company in the world. I believe the stock value will go up at least 10x and maybe even 20x. But in the heat of the moment I lost sight of all of that.

It felt as if I had betrayed Elon, who several times went through hell to save Tesla. And as if I had betrayed all the steadfast longs here, a lot of whom I’ve started to appreciate over the last years. I visited this thread yesterday, but felt like an outsider. I saw you guys complain and cheer, but couldn’t join you.

I started to watch some videos. Cathy Wood. Ron Baron. David Lee. The ones by David were especially helpful. I started to realize that I had to focus less on the swings and look more at the long trend and focus on the long term goal I’ve set for myself. And if it drops 100-200 points, that doesn’t make much difference because we know it will be 10-bagger or 20-bagger. I got my confidence back. Huge shout out to @DaveT.

So today I decided to get back in. All in. No timing, because in the end it doesn’t really matter if you get in at 735 or 765. Or even 550, 650 or 850. I ended up buying at 745, which does lower the base price for my shares by 15 points to 225 (but that’s no reason to do this again!).

It feels incredibly good to be back in! And even if it goes down, maybe even by a lot, I’ll hang in there. With all of you. Because I know what the goal is and I know we will get there. There will be a lot of dips along the way, but that’s okay.

So I hope you guys will take back the lost son... :oops:

RSI is good right now too at 67, lowest value since Dec 13, 2019 (TSLA is no longer overbought). So from a technical point of view, we could say TSLA is well set up for solid gains next week.

I would not be surprised to see the SP test the $830 level early in the week.
Cheers!
Thanks for analysis, how about TD weekly 13 / 9 Daily which has sell signal for stock to move downwards?
tsla-capture.JPG

• Disagree
Reactions: Prime_Number
You say you're not 'shorts', fine. But at what price did you sell your shares? At what price are you hoping to rebuy?
I mentioned this before. I sold majority of my shares pre-maturely when it was going up at 700 & 780. (as I needed it to pay off my Model 3 and other needs) and still have some shares for long term, which has cost basis of 200 or less. I only have 125 remaining now, and would be buying more on dip as needed. I actually purchased some UBER as I saw it going up before earnings.
How about you?

A mod chickening out, now that’s a story. I saw some people have been referring to my decision to liquidate my whole TSLA position after the SP came crashing down from 960. Why that happened? Lately I had been too much focussed on the effect of the stock movements on the financial value of my portfolio, which at the top was up 720k, and a few trading hours later was up 520k. After having ridden the SP down from 300 to 178 in the spring of 2019 I thought I had balls of steel. But my stomach was the problem. It churned. So I bailed.

At first that felt good, the uncertainty was gone. But that didn’t last long. In fact, just a few hours.

I am a true believer in a bright future for Tesla. It will be the #1 technology brand in the world. And likely the most valuable company in the world. I believe the stock value will go up at least 10x and maybe even 20x. But in the heat of the moment I lost sight of all of that.

It felt as if I had betrayed Elon, who several times went through hell to save Tesla. And as if I had betrayed all the steadfast longs here, a lot of whom I’ve started to appreciate over the last years. I visited this thread yesterday, but felt like an outsider. I saw you guys complain and cheer, but couldn’t join you.

I started to watch some videos. Cathy Wood. Ron Baron. David Lee. The ones by David were especially helpful. I started to realize that I had to focus less on the swings and look more at the long trend and focus on the long term goal I’ve set for myself. And if it drops 100-200 points, that doesn’t make much difference because we know it will be 10-bagger or 20-bagger. I got my confidence back. Huge shout out to @DaveT.

So today I decided to get back in. All in. No timing, because in the end it doesn’t really matter if you get in at 735 or 765. Or even 550, 650 or 850. I ended up buying at 745, which does lower the base price for my shares by 15 points to 225.

It feels incredibly good to be back in! And even if it goes down, maybe even by a lot, I’ll hang in there. With all of you. Because I know what the goal is and I know we will get there. There will be a lot of dips along the way, but that’s okay.

Guess it's too soon to show you the FINRA "Short Exempted" sales data from the past two days then, huh? You're not going to like it when you see plain evidence how you were cheated out of your shares by naked short selling. Glad you're back in TSLA.

So tell us when you're feeling more like yourself, then I'll share the data. Maybe this weekend would be a good time? Paging @Fact Checking @Hock1 it's got Andrew's Left fingerprint all over the MMs short seller's exemption data. Somebody started this in the Pre-market in Germany, and we have a suspect. Now if the SEC would do their job.

Kind regards,

Lodger

Yeah, we need a little more swing at least. …more excitement.
Relax man. :) You are going to wear out your keyboard and your heart if you pay attention to every time this stock moves. It's always moving.

Guess it's too soon to show you the FINRA "Short Exempted" sales data from the past two days then, huh? You're not going to like it when you see plain evidence how you were cheated out of your shares by naked short selling. Glad you're back in TSLA.

So tell us when you're feeling more like yourself, then I'll share the data. Maybe this weekend would be a good time? Paging @Fact Checking @Hock1 it's got Andrew's Left fingerprint all over the MMs short seller's exemption data. Somebody started this in the Pre-market in Germany, and we have a suspect. Now if the SEC would do their job.

Kind regards,

Lodger
The SEC did send me back a semi-canned response, which is more than I expected from my complaint.

Don't beat yourself up. In hindsight you actually wound up doing the smart thing. We can support Elon, but your financial health is your #1 concern. You just banked a sizable gain.

So today I decided to get back in. All in. No timing, because in the end it doesn’t really matter if you get in at 735 or 765. Or even 550, 650 or 850. I ended up buying at 745, which does lower the base price for my shares by 15 points to 225.

The way I see it, Longs and Shorts are not the only players so it's not black and white. We have MMs and traders to murky up the water so if you see an opportunity to book your gain, more power to you. Doesn't hurt me or any other long in the long term. I'd have booked some gain if not for the taxes I'm trying to avoid.

Last edited:
There is no reason for the rear to blocked in an electric bus,there should be a window there.

Much more pleasant experience. No diesel/CNG noise and vibration but also much more sunlight at the rear of the bus and less claustrophobic with sightlines out the back.

images
RobStark, ask and you shall receive. Here is another photo from the back.
Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 12.39.59 PM.png

This is an entire new bus design from the ground up for TTC. I don't see Tesla ever getting into the bus market (wouldn't that be nice) as there is a lot of viable products and Tesla has bigger fish to fry (battery constraints), however I do see in the not too distant future Tesla providing the battery packs for large manufacturers of buses. The worst is walking my kids to school and seeing the line-up of half a dozen school bus diesels pumping out noxious fumes idling away while the kids are embarking. Makes me sick....and makes the kids sick...literally. Electrification of electric vehicles could not come soon enough.