Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess it's too soon to show you the FINRA "Short Exempted" sales data from the past two days then, huh? You're not going to like it when you see plain evidence how you were cheated out of your shares by naked short selling. Glad you're back in TSLA.

So tell us when you're feeling more like yourself, then I'll share the data. Maybe this weekend would be a good time? Paging @Fact Checking @Hock1 it's got Andrew's Left fingerprint all over the MMs short seller's exemption data. Somebody started this in the Pre-market in Germany, and we have a suspect. Now if the SEC would do their job.

Kind regards,

Lodger

I read all about that manipulation. In the end it didn’t cost me anything compared to the situation where I had not sold (in fact I lowered my base price a bit, but that was pure luck). The only thing I lost was some pride.

CNBC published
NIH doctor says 25% of coronavirus cases in China are 'very serious,' requiring 'intensive care'

And in the first couple of lines Fauci is quoted as saying
“About 25% of them have very serious disease, requiring relatively intensive or really intensive care,” NIH’s Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNBC on Monday.

The thing is, there is a HUGE difference between 'relatively intensive' and 'really intensive' so a headline that lumps them all into "very serious" is flawed reporting and click-bait.

CNBC does not restrict its pathetic reporting to Tesla.

CNBC published
NIH doctor says 25% of coronavirus cases in China are 'very serious,' requiring 'intensive care'

And in the first couple of lines Fauci is quoted as saying

The thing is, there is a HUGE difference between 'relatively intensive' and 'really intensive' so a headline that lumps them all into "very serious" is flawed reporting and click-bait.

CNBC does not restrict its pathetic reporting to Tesla.

Still, 25% requiring any sort of intensive care is a lot. But then again, all the isolation for patients with coronavirus is likely making their status worse.

FMR (Fidelity) filed and their holdings are unchanged.

SEC Filing | Tesla, Inc.

5,381,220 shares.

just for some history. Fidelity had 16.7 million shares around April 2018 (9.89% of Tesla). They trimmed a lot of shares through early 2019. T Rowe Price had 10.79 million shares in that time frame too and cut its' stake over the same period.

cleantechnica had an article about it: Much Of Tesla's Stock Is Held By Institutional Investors. Why Do Short Sellers Claim Otherwise? | CleanTechnica

A mod chickening out, now that’s a story. I saw some people have been referring to my decision to liquidate my whole TSLA position after the SP came crashing down from 960. Why that happened? Lately I had been too much focussed on the effect of the stock movements on the financial value of my portfolio, which at the top was up 720k, and a few trading hours later was up 520k. After having ridden the SP down from 300 to 178 in the spring of 2019 I thought I had balls of steel. But my stomach was the problem. It churned. So I bailed.

At first that felt good, the uncertainty was gone. But that didn’t last long. In fact, just a few hours.

I am a true believer in a bright future for Tesla. It will be the #1 technology brand in the world. And likely the most valuable company in the world. I believe the stock value will go up at least 10x and maybe even 20x. But in the heat of the moment I lost sight of all of that.

It felt as if I had betrayed Elon, who several times went through hell to save Tesla. And as if I had betrayed all the steadfast longs here, a lot of whom I’ve started to appreciate over the last years. I visited this thread yesterday, but felt like an outsider. I saw you guys complain and cheer, but couldn’t join you.

I started to watch some videos. Cathy Wood. Ron Baron. David Lee. The ones by David were especially helpful. I started to realize that I had to focus less on the swings and look more at the long trend and focus on the long term goal I’ve set for myself. And if it drops 100-200 points, that doesn’t make much difference because we know it will be 10-bagger or 20-bagger. I got my confidence back. Huge shout out to @DaveT.

So today I decided to get back in. All in. No timing, because in the end it doesn’t really matter if you get in at 735 or 765. Or even 550, 650 or 850. I ended up buying at 745, which does lower the base price for my shares by 15 points to 225 (but that’s no reason to do this again!).

It feels incredibly good to be back in! And even if it goes down, maybe even by a lot, I’ll hang in there. With all of you. Because I know what the goal is and I know we will get there. There will be a lot of dips along the way, but that’s okay.

So I hope you guys will take back the lost son... :oops:
I'm at X shares plus some calls on margin. My goal is to get to Y shares. then no calls, no leverage, no margin. Then I'll uninstall my trading app on the phone, cancel the realtime market data subscription and relax for some years.

Until then: that are the chances for a big gap up on Monday? I already loaded some calls, but I'm not fully loaded yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at X shares plus some calls on margin. My goal is to get to Y shares. then no calls, no leverage, no margin. Then I'll uninstall my trading app on the phone, cancel the realtime market data subscription and relax for some years.

Until then: that are the chances for a big gap up on Monday? I already loaded some calls, but I'm not fully loaded yet.
Mondays and Tuesdays have been our consistently green days for a while now. IMO though we have lost the steam and the market is back to being unsure about Tesla so I'm not expecting anything in particular.

Shipping update. Things continue to move right along.

ships by quarter 020720.jpg

Source: Tesla Carriers spreadsheet maintained by Franco Mossotto.

A mod chickening out, now that’s a story. I saw some people have been referring to my decision to liquidate my whole TSLA position after the SP came crashing down from 960. Why that happened? Lately I had been too much focussed on the effect of the stock movements on the financial value of my portfolio, which at the top was up 720k, and a few trading hours later was up 520k. After having ridden the SP down from 300 to 178 in the spring of 2019 I thought I had balls of steel. But my stomach was the problem. It churned. So I bailed.

At first that felt good, the uncertainty was gone. But that didn’t last long. In fact, just a few hours.

I am a true believer in a bright future for Tesla. It will be the #1 technology brand in the world. And likely the most valuable company in the world. I believe the stock value will go up at least 10x and maybe even 20x. But in the heat of the moment I lost sight of all of that.

It felt as if I had betrayed Elon, who several times went through hell to save Tesla. And as if I had betrayed all the steadfast longs here, a lot of whom I’ve started to appreciate over the last years. I visited this thread yesterday, but felt like an outsider. I saw you guys complain and cheer, but couldn’t join you.

I started to watch some videos. Cathy Wood. Ron Baron. David Lee. The ones by David were especially helpful. I started to realize that I had to focus less on the swings and look more at the long trend and focus on the long term goal I’ve set for myself. And if it drops 100-200 points, that doesn’t make much difference because we know it will be 10-bagger or 20-bagger. I got my confidence back. Huge shout out to @DaveT.

So today I decided to get back in. All in. No timing, because in the end it doesn’t really matter if you get in at 735 or 765. Or even 550, 650 or 850. I ended up buying at 745, which does lower the base price for my shares by 15 points to 225 (but that’s no reason to do this again!).

It feels incredibly good to be back in! And even if it goes down, maybe even by a lot, I’ll hang in there. With all of you. Because I know what the goal is and I know we will get there. There will be a lot of dips along the way, but that’s okay.

So I hope you guys will take back the lost son... :oops:
Hadn't removed you from my Christmas card list, so I guess you're good.

Moderator Note:
I have altered some threads to excise posters' revelation of number of shares owned. Anyone who reads this and decides to ignore this admonition is welcome to...at your peril...forge ahead and reveal same but do you really, truly care to do that in a forum open for the whole world to read?

On edit: in past months have been very inconsistent in performing such excision. Call me patronizing (same root as in PATRICIAN Lord Vetinari, donchaknow?), but when a poster writes "Bought two more shares" or some such I've not been so steadfast.

Moderator Note:
I have altered some threads to excise posters' revelation of number of shares owned. Anyone who reads this and decides to ignore this admonition is welcome to...at your peril...forge ahead and reveal same but do you really, truly care to do that in a forum open for the whole world to read?

On edit: in past months have been very inconsistent in performing such excision. Call me patronizing (same root as in PATRICIAN Lord Vetinari, donchaknow?), but when a poster writes "Bought two more shares" or some such I've not been so steadfast.

what peril is in store for people who don't care who knows how many shares they own? is it merely moderator-induced peril because it is annoying, or is there some other reason?

When I thought about it recently, I came to the conclusion that its revelation could lead to an increase in the number of investors?! :)

Don't beat yourself up. In hindsight you actually wound up doing the smart thing. We can support Elon, but your financial health is your #1 concern. You just banked a sizable gain.

I would say that your overall physical/mental health is even more important than financial health (although of course there is some correlation between these). It's very easy to get caught up in the moment during these violent swings of the stock price (I know, I've done it myself), but in the longer term (5 to 10 years out) these price fluctuations will seem like tiny perturbations from the exponential trajectory of TSLA. Whenever I get stressed about the SP, I just keep reminding myself of this and it helps.