Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Tesla started to charge for supercharger use the business case for opening up the network to others have changed. Having deals with other companies would make little sense. Tesla just could open the network for drivers of competing cars being able to high charge rate with an app. I highly doubt that Tesla will do that in the near future.
Superchargers are not profit center yet, they are small loss making marketing venture. So why lose mony on marketing competitors. Things will change. It will probably happen in 5-10 years.

Just saying the offer has been on the table by Elon since 2012.

Fire Away!
(It’s the batteries, Stupid!)

Buying order set for 690, 680, 670, 660.
Hope it goes to 650 but very unlikely.
My target price is 1800 USD within 2 years

Likewise. Buying back my recently sold Mar '21 $1500s at $32,88, $29,22, $26,30, $23,91, $21,92.... etc down to $7,51 (already bought back 4 of the 32). Orders not set as some might go off instantly at open, and I don't want to leave money on the table. :)

We've got today and tomorrow to do buying. Not so sure we'll have Monday, since the factory reopens then.

Last edited:
Yeah, this seems very likely to me too.

It didn't seem like any large sellers emerged all the way up till $950, and looking at your calculations net shares were added by longs on Monday and Tuesday at prices in between $650 and ~$900.

There also could've been an increase in short interest(and there definitely was an increase in PUT options), just like that Andrew Left guy who announced he went short on TSLA once again.

This will be interesting to watch. I bought a tiny amount of calls expiring next week after the dip yesterday. I might add on some more on Friday, although still small. I'm just not confident enough in short term predictions to wager much on them.
Added some short term calls and will keep adding during dips till end of this week. Last 15 mins of trading on Friday will be interesting.

The fundamentals of the company are much better than anyone could dream of. So long term this should play out well, but as a newby, these massive swings and almost certainty of big players playing the system, I'm gobsmacked by the ease with which they swindle it. They can literally drive this to the moon, then flog it back down with so much ease.

All they need is a very controversial and polarising company so that any swing up or down can be easily defended by either party.

All we are is players in their game by the looks of it really.

I agree. It looks like we could go into next week with the setup for daily moves to be even higher in each direction than we've seen this week.

Will be key to see how many put buyers take profit today and tomorrow.

The best case (for OTM call buyers) is that we see some mock stability in the share price today and tomorrow, then options markets miss price volatility too low again before Friday close.
It could setup for an almost exact copy of this week on Monday, just potentially with even more volatility.

:eek: Might I suggest a bunch go spend the time in an Internet-not-available area.

Likewise. Buying back my recently sold Mar '21 $1500s at $32,88, $29,22, $26,30, $23,91, $21,92.... etc down to $7,51 (already bought back 4 of the 32). Orders not set as some might go off instantly at open, and I don't want to leave money on the table. :)

We've got today and tomorrow to do buying. Not so sure we'll have Monday, since the factory reopens then.
40% of shopping already done.
Really hoping to get a damn good sale today.

Meanwhile in Iceland....

FB_IMG_1580996539353.jpg

The Business Paper
Thursday, 6 February 2020, edition 5, volume 27​

A new and much cheaper car from Tesla is selling incredibly well here
Buying Teslas For Billions

> Tesla opened a store and service centre here in September of last year. The first deliveries are expected in March

> Stock in Tesla has increased fantastically from New Years and increased fourfold from last summer. Only Toyota is now more valuable

> Short sellers have lost well over 1000 billion krónur. Their purchases to avoid further losses have pushed the stock price up.

Do you guys see the stock price in Google's search result page for the "TSLA" query? For some reason, Google has stopped showing me financial details and chart since yesterday but all other stock-related queries return their stock prices (AAPL, AMZN, etc). It does not display the Knowledge Graph card either for the company. Weird.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
so today another 10 - 15% drop?
I suggest changing your screen name to something involving a goat or bird. Welcome, new forum member with 2 posts, both expressing concern about the stock! LOL.

yeah....them Care Bears are something else. Oh well....they’ll disappear when the stock price rises again.

I agree. It looks like we could go into next week with the setup for daily moves to be even higher in each direction than we've seen this week.

It could setup for an almost exact copy of this week on Monday, just potentially with even more volatility.
Hi RlexFunds,
I can't believe there is potential of wild moves in TSLA stock like we had this week? You serious we can still move 10%+/- next week?
Just based on RSI & Technicals, further fib tracement down to 640-650 level higher than for it go higher in the short term isn't it?
What's your opinion in the short term move?

Do you guys see the stock price in Google's search result page for the "TSLA" query? For some reason, Google has stopped showing me financial details and chart since yesterday but all other stock-related queries return their stock prices (AAPL, AMZN, etc). It does not display the Knowledge Graph card either for the company. Weird.
Yeah, that happens with Google a coupla times per week. You could try this link:

nasdaq tsla - Google Search

...or clear your cache and search history. HTH.

Cheers!

Hi RlexFunds,
I can't believe there is potential of wild moves in TSLA stock like we had this week? You serious we can still move 10%+/- next week?
Just based on RSI & Technicals, further fib tracement down to 640-650 level higher than for it go higher in the short term isn't it?
What's your opinion in the short term move?

I'd say ~30% chance we get another daily move of +-20-30% within the next week. Most likely on Monday and positive.
Its very high risk trying to time in though.

yeah....them Care Bears are something else. Oh well....they’ll disappear when the stock price rises again.

I still remember that one troll who actually had a few thousand posts posts back when I first started investing. The price was around 230~ and heading down, and he posted a thread to the lines of, "I'm scared, selling my stocks!"

Like, really. I think he got banned shortly after that. He had blocked his history from the casual observer, but any search revealed that ALL of his posts were negative against Tesla.