Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys see the stock price in Google's search result page for the "TSLA" query? For some reason, Google has stopped showing me financial details and chart since yesterday but all other stock-related queries return their stock prices (AAPL, AMZN, etc). It does not display the Knowledge Graph card either for the company. Weird.

Yep. Had to add "Stock" to it to see the chart ("TSLA STOCK" instead of "TSLA").

Reactions: generalenthu
I'd say ~30% chance we get another daily move of +-20-30% within the next week. Most likely on Monday and positive.
Its very high risk trying to time in though.

So, we just need Tesla to confirm China factory opening again and working at full speed..:)

Welcome to TSLA 2020: from Ludicrous volatility to volatility Plaid!

Going to pick up a few more shares today at good prices to increase my long term position.

That's just smart if you still have a smaller position than you want long-term.

I've been through much bigger runups than we have seen with Tesla recently and it's completely normal to have up to 50% (and sometimes more) retracements after huge, fast runs. They are often violent and unpredictable. Now Tesla is not going to retrace 50% from it's closing high but big fast moves are normal. And they generally recover quickly too. It's how everything stays in balance (on average). Fast moves put everything out of whack.

My personal hope is that it settles down around $750-$800 by next week for a while until more of the catalysts that are waiting in the wings come out to play. ;) But it wouldn't surprise me at all to see it shoot up past $1000 by next week.:eek: But I hope not.

I've never been bothered by extreme volatility as long as I like the companies prospects going forward.

I still remember that one troll who actually had a few thousand posts posts back when I first started investing. The price was around 230~ and heading down, and he posted a thread to the lines of, "I'm scared, selling my stocks!"

I remember that. And to think it was only a few months ago.

It was pretty clear he was just here to scare people into selling.

With current volatility, not sure if I should sell and buy at lower price.
Or just keep adding to my position as the price goes down.
What are others thinking on this matter? For those who are traders.. not long term hold person.

A trader would have sold Tuesday or Wednesday.

An investor will just hold through it.

Are you new here?

With current volatility, not sure if I should sell and buy at lower price.

You're basically asking if you should try to time the market.

The answer to that is generally "no".

If you're not a "buy and hold" investor, you should be buying on the way down and selling on the way up. Not the other way around.

A trader would have sold Tuesday or Wednesday.
An investor will just hold through it.
Are you new here?
I knew of TMC, but didn't know about such active thread on TSLA stocks.
I sold most of my shares at 700, too early on its way up due to Coronavirus scare & to pay off all my debt including my model 3.
Now just have small portion remaining 125 shares / cost basis 250. Was thinking about selling for now and getting back in later once stock settles down. As momentum now downtrend.

You're basically asking if you should try to time the market.

The answer to that is generally "no".

If you're not a "buy and hold" investor, you should be buying on the way down and selling on the way up. Not the other way around.
Yeah, thanks~~ should just buy more on the way down. All the shares I have now has been paid off by profits anyways.. Timing both the TOP & Bottom..never easy.

My goal is to own 1000 shares by the time TSLA is fully uncorked. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make that happen, 300 to go, but that depends more on Q1 than myself.

Trying to figure out my next buy in. I'll probably be cautious and trickle in a little here and there if we drop (or as we drop).
I sold most of my shares at 700, too early on its way up due to Coronavirus scare & to pay off all my debt including my model 3.
Now just have small portion remaining 125 shares / cost basis 250. Was thinking about selling for now and getting back in later once stock settles down. As momentum now downtrend.
Most of the time I sell trying to time the market I leave money on the table, most of the time. If you really think Tesla is a good long term investment you might consider buying more and lowering your average SP. This stock is always volatile. Maybe it goes to 600 today, maybe jumps up to 800 Monday.

Remember the upward momentum which recently changed? It's tough to pick the top or the bottom. If you really want to sell don't sell it all in case it reverses, unless you're ok with missing out on the upside.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Yep I am cold hearted.

This virus (flu or whatever) ultimately is in its infancy stage, and a vaccine has been developed and is going into production with an estimated delivery date in five months. And, Tesla diverted 19K M3s to China. And, China is halting its tarrifs. If all that is true, and you compare that to the annual flu ~ what is the problem.

We are in an endless war, and people are buying more and more cars. The flu comes and goes annually. New wars crop up all the time.

Maybe it is my inner soldier or inner hard knocks (T-Bones) in life, but Tesla, just like everyone else will come back up. Tesla is cooling its jets, or is that a SpaceX thing? Hell, I have come up smelling like a rose every time I have been attacked by religion, politics, love, west point ~ okay maybe at seventy I no longer smell like a rose, but maybe you’ll get the point.

Everytime Tesla reaches a new high the boys get scared and cower in the shadows.

Tesla is too big to fail ~ meaning if Tesla ever fails ~ we all need to bend over and say our last goodbyes. One reasonable president once said, “the only thing to fear, is fear itself.”