Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So TT007 is sticking with 350 strike price calls - not a super bull anymore... I am thinking I might have to raise my lowest strike price from 500 to 800+. At what point can we assume that there is an 80% chance that 800+ is the new floor?

I promise to convert a big percentage to shares post S&P500.

• Funny
Reactions: Rb48888
Oh god. SpaceX is in Texas. My crazy theory might be correct

I really don’t like tattoos

Edit: He changed his location on Twitter to Austin Texas
View attachment 508077
Toyota has a truck plant in San Antonio which is very close to Austin. Could be getting work force and talent from Toyota. Cybertruck secured.

I now see that the incorrect headline was published three minutes after the four-minute plunge was complete. So I'd still blame the plunge on a hedge fund(s) manipulating a cascade of stop limits set by weak longs, particularly day-traders who had to close their positions before the end of the session.

I agree with you but don't underestimate the importance of all the traders watching the stock with fascination just so they could sell on a moment's notice the minute they figured the good times were ending. On top of that, add in all the nervous longs that will sell Wednesday morning out of fear that sharp drop caused (even though it was up over $100 for the day).

Tomorrow will undoubtedly be another day of heavy volume with shorts covering, weak longs taking profits and new entrants taking advantage of the perceived crack in the armor as a buying opportunity. It could go either way but I'm guessing the strong buying pressure continues.

If prices do drop tomorrow I think it will be more of a "breather" within the current strong rally than it would be a trip back to the $500's. I say this because TSLA has a ton of momentum right now and there simply hasn't been enough time for everyone who wants to hold TSLA shares to get in. Lower prices will show there is a HUGE flood of new buyers waiting for just such an opportunity. These are people who might not pay $900 but would see $700 as a good opportunity. The "flash crash" near the end of trading today cleared out everyone who has been hovering over the "sell" button during the incredible appreciation we have seen the last few days. Momentum is very real which is why one of the oldest adages on Wall Street is "The trend is your friend".

Price action appears to be showing a significant contraction of Tesla's float. The coordinated bear attack might have been an effort to broaden it. (New shorting is dilutive.)

Hmmm. That attack then is a dicey and dangerous move for the bears in a contacting float situation. Presumably such an attempt to ‘inject liquidity’ would backfire and actually act as an accelerant to the rise should it fail to sufficiently achieve the short sellers intended effects of shaking off weak longs and scaring off timid new money (due to the need to buy back those shares when the pool will have contacted further, if you follow).

If the bears’ goal is simply to harvest stop losses, it is a laughable tactic in these conditions.

Conspiracy theory:

Funds found out that Saudis were out. The people that really run the US then gave their blessing to major purchases.

isa0z1.jpg

Who out there has the most credible explanation for the

gigantic drop at closing? It reeks of manipulation.

I’ve been checking the various “TSLA breaks $900” YouTube videos but none of them tackle this issue.

All is revealed in the trading volume during the 10-min drop before the Close. Follow along with the numbers:
  • today's FINRA-reported (srch "TSLA") 14.96M shorted on 24.58M traded shares (60.9% short)
  • On average, FINRA short volume is 49.5% of total volume, +/- 9.6% (1 Std Dev)
    • FINRA short vol today was 2.8M shares above the mean
    • 2.78M extra shares traded during the drop (3:49 - 3:58 pm)
If an avg percentage of shorting happened during the rest of the day, a dump of 2.8 M shares sold short in 10 min from 3:49 - 3:58 pm fully explains the price action.

Paging @Cherry Wine Can you provide any Level II data for a glimpse into the order book at that time? How many shares needed to be dumped at 3:49 pm in order to burn through the Order Book?

Note: FINRA largely reports on trading activity of its retail broker members, so today's market action can largely be attributed to their activities. Today's Non-FINRA (MMs and some large Investment Banks) volume was 57.98% (-0.54 Std Dev below mean of 60.32%) which is quite a bit below their normal trading activity. Today was largely about retain Brokerages.

Cheers!

This snippet from that blog post caught my eye. Underlining is mine:

Our ergonomics team continues to explore the effectiveness of new technologies to improve safety, including exoskeletons and sensors to support healthy posture and movements. This work, along with that of our athletic trainers, is critical given that a majority of our injuries are musculoskeletal in nature.

That gives me a picture of the factory floor filled with robots....and robot-enhanced humans. Wow!

Yet another Tesla sci-fi rip off!

9EC64FD2-E65A-4A53-A2EA-ADAEA1EF1225.jpeg

Told my wife I'm getting the cybertruck if SP hits 1k a month ago. She is now freaking out because she didn't except 1k to be here so soon. I told her it'll be like 2025 before I even have a chance right now..she's now more calm. Don't think she is ready to have a big triangle parked outside of my garage. She needs to see it in action first.
Maybe have her watch this over and over again to get her used to the idea.