Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So then, when the light turned green you smoked him, right? :)
Rule #12:
Never race against cars with glaringly obvious panel gap issues. Torn off body parts might injure the crowd that gathered for the race!
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not as bold and purchased 3/20 calls

Yes, 2/21 is very risky. I strictly consider them to be lottery tickets. However, I was lucky enough to buy them before the run up to ~$570 and created a calendar spread at that time by selling 1/31 options at the same strike. So at least they're "free" lottery tickets. :D (And if my sold 1/31 options end up ITM, well, this board will be very rich indeed.)

Seems like a like of strength with all this going on. It's a big virus scare in china and the street doesn't seem to care all that much. The days when even minor news would cause a far larger drop weren't so long ago.
I'm not as bold and purchased 3/20 calls
I have several past the Q1 timeframe as well because that's a wild card and would give it time to gain back on the chance it's a soft quarter.

• Informative
Reactions: dw4ngg
in terms of the upcoming ER, guess this is a valuable statement by Colin Rusch/Oppenheimer.

Investors to focus on Tesla's 2020 delivery guidance, says Oppenheimer
Ahead of Tesla quarterly results, Oppenheimer analyst Colin Rusch expects investors to focus on 2020 delivery guidance, gross margin performance, and free cash flow metrics. The analyst also anticipates incremental information on Tesla's insurance offering take rate amid speculation among investors that the company could begin underwriting select leases. Given Tesla's "increasingly robust" data on usage and maintenance patterns, Rusch would not be surprised by increased activity on either front as it looks to leverage data-driven insights on its vehicles. He has an Outperform rating and $612 price target on the shares.

Yes, so what does this forum think of 2020 total deliveries given 2019? China will be pumping out cars and I think we are expecting Tesla to start selling Model Y in late Q2. Anyone have 2020 predictions?

regarding board-swap FSD upgrade costs to Tesla...
I imagine these can vary massively depending how skilled they get/how easy they make it.

Years ago I was a PC/Apple Mac hardware engineer. Back then, changing a typical PC motherboard would takes hours. literally hours of unplugging connectors, undoing screws, labeling stuff, disassembling bits, and then reversing it all.
At the same time SOME (by no means all) apple computers (the ones we called pizza-box-style, cant remember the model), could get a motherboard update in about 20-30 seconds top. You could train a small child to do it.

Hopefully Tesla were sensible when designing the hardware, and its an easy swap. The costs of this sort of thing really can have an order-of-magnitude variance.
I heard from service that the issue is with properly burping the coolant which is opened up to air for the CPU cooling exchange.

No. They have not. But it is obvious. That is the tech., that reduces costs radically. No paint shop, minimal body shop with no car specific tooling.
Cyber architecture is designed for heavier vehicles where towing and load matter over other factors. It will almost certainly not be used for a small car. It would not cost less for that purpose especially as volumes go over 500k a year.