Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the only type of Bollinger I'm thinking about today.
bollinger-special-cuvee-ny-flaska-2012.jpg
They slightly misspelled "Bollinger - Special Curve"

I think that people should have listened more to what @StealthP3D was talking about here on the daily basis.

You don't pick up pennies in front of steamroller.

So, I'm just repeating it with an example.
Stealth has been completely correct so far, cannot dispute that! All we can do is help each other trade better, I weigh everybodies opinion and that reflects in my trading. Can't forget this is a very optimistic place, I don't post much but I've been here a while :) , not as important holding stock but I definitely need to check myself being too bullish at times when holding calls.
I too was Highly suspect we would have a little struggle at 500 and could have doubled my position again had I sold at the top and re-entered. I didn't. *shrug*

For what it's worth, will be transitioning into more and more stock as this goes on. Realized that I would be in about the same place as I am today had I just bought and held. Options are a wild game, getting wiped out etc can be pretty stressful. I had huge faith this run was coming but was a little early many times. Got lucky I made it back.

Last edited:
i've been holding for over 3 years, occasionally trying to sell or buy 5% of my shares on swings (at roughly a 50% success rate). but what you said is where i've been at for the last 9 months: Sure, I could cash out and bank huge profits. But then I'd just have a big pile of cash that i'd have to invest into something, and I can't think of an investment that looks as good as Tesla to me right now. Just doesn't make sense to sell.
This. I'm hoping the broader market feels the same way. Stocks are at all time highs all over the place, so why take profit in a stock that should keep this trend over the next 5-10 years and park it in a low growth company?

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Max Pain: 390.0

/S

Do you know how to calculate max pain for Jack Rickards' positions?

It will be interesting to see how he tries to rescue this. I imagine he would sell all his puts shortly after the open this morning. He would still be up on his calls/puts overall but he has also given up the potential gains on the 500 shares he sold back at $400, at least going by my memory.

The "angry guy" does not seem to understand that for billions of miles Tesla cars have been surveying and reporting their surroundings, no matter whether autopilot is turned on. This is done to make the detailed maps eventually needed for fully autonomous driving. The millions of miles for Waymo pales in comparison. The fact that Waymo is always in autonomous mode is meaningless in this regard.

The problem is that CNBC presents as regular commentators many clueless money managers who just pop-off to support their own asset positions, without true understanding of what is being discussed. :rolleyes:
Correct. Waymo is working on a product that they assume is complete and therefore has a ceiling. Tesla is working a product that can improve vastly with more training and will improve even after being released. Tesla may introduce a new level of AI learning that will change the way we do everything. I think it’s a matter of time. But we’ll see. Tesla’s evaluation has no ceiling if it achieves this

I'm starting to think this run up is less about Tesla and more the investment world flipping the switch on fossil fuels.

They've realized fracking and most other fossil plays are now a permanent money pit, so they're begrudgingly moving to the next thing before it's too late.

In any type of civilized society, we would have done this around 2012.

Maybe Americans don’t want to send their kids to Iran/Middle East in exchange for oil anymore and decided Tesla can help change this for their grandkids.

Still have S&P inclusion, S&P inclusion run-up, Model Y launch, Q1 China push, battery day, and presumably an FSD update for nav on city streets this year. So yeah, not so much runway left guys.
/s

Maybe Americans don’t want to send their kids to Iran/Middle East in exchange for oil anymore and decided Tesla can help change this for their grandkids.
Why not? We have only spend 6.4 trillion in Iraq and surrounding areas over the past 20 years. It's not like the average American worker would rather have that 30k back.