Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The #TSLAQ crowd may be able to scrape some money together if they sell their block list to marketing companies I think. That list is full of people newly flush with cash.

How in the world am I blocked on that one... I never said anything to those people....
Even if you just say positive things they can wind up adding you. He is closing, down 50%, but then goes on to say he is still sure it's a fraud and will go back in at some point.

Sad. I'm tempted to comment but it will be taken the wrong way I'm sure.

Last edited:
A retail short announcing capitulation on Twitter:

Twitter

50% loss...

Remember fellahs, shorting is the inverse of investing. When you invest money long, your downside is 100%, and your upside is the moon... With shorting, your upside is 100%, and your downside is the moon.

Anyone who shorted at bleow $245 now, has a greater than 100% loss if they haven't covered.
People who shorted in the $300-350 range that the stock liked to trade in from 17-19 have lost about half their money.
Even people who shorted at the higher ranges the stock was trading at are looking at ~30% losses now.

I'm a chicken I cannot stand the pressure, f.ck it Jack Rickard, this is ridiculous.
Screenshot_20200108-115024_Firstrade.jpg

Your link took me to this:
View attachment 497974

I was going to say "Bad Link!" but then I realized that "Something went wrong" is probably that retail short's actual tweet message.

You bet it did, buddy!

That's not a bad link. You are on the $tslaq Block-List.
And that's why they lose.
q.e.d.

(open in incognito mode - or don't. it's sad)

If short, and you can't buy to close due to insufficient funds... what happens?

Your broker never let you get into that position. Or alternatively, as you got 'close' to that, your broker closed your position (buy to close at market) already and your position was closed for you.

Your broker won't EVER let you get anywhere close to that position.

my question as well -- can shorts just default en masse, preventing a short squeeze? i mean as far as i can tell, there's nothing stopping a fund (i.e. corporation) from going bankrupt and defaulting on all its obligations, while its owners walk away with all their personal assets (and assets in other businesses) in tact.

Securities liquidated if still not enough to collect you go to collections. The flip side is more fascinating. If you loaned your shares to be used to sell short, and the borrower can’t pay back brokerage is only responsible to pay back based on last closing which is used to determine the amount in escrow. The brokerage is not obligated to make you whole