Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon will likely deploy the bats in the FSD suite. Their radar expertise are well documented.

Brilliant! Using a Neuralink interface with the bats could yield astonishing results! My first thought was "Yeah, but I love not having to put gas in my car - feeding the bats in the frunk would just be one more chore".

Then I remembered what bats eat. When I realized the front of a car usually has an overabundance of insects, ding! ding! ding! I realized we have a winner! :D

Tesla fans already have a reputation for being smug and braggy. it's almost impossible to talk about your own good fortune without annoying the listener. my advice is don't bring it up unless they do, and even then, don't take that as necessarily an invitation to drive a whole conversation about it.
Could be different depending on location. Ca... maybe has that stereotyping, less so in other geos.

Every person I know had the same opportunity, even if just one share at a time. This wasn't insider info here, the facts were abundant if they looked. I only feel sorry for the too many who could not get in at all. Uber greatful we are among those so fortunate.

just unloaded half my shares...will keep core shares for long term...will buy back in bit...:)...also bought some Feb puts to cover the shares I have left...if my theory is correct, we should see selloff by tomorrow or next day...:)...under no circumstance should people think Im a short and a TSLA non--believer!...this is just a temporary play based on charts and patterns...and yeah I know I won't be a popular guy on here lol....posts like this seem ludicrous during the euphoric bull, but by next week prob won't be...jmho.

Are you basing your theory on this? Because I think charts like that work...until they don't.

ENxr003WsAA5UTj

They did it.

Tesla's marketcap just surpassed GM and Ford combined.

GM ($49.5 B) + Ford ($36.7 B) = $86.2 B
TSLA = $87.1 B

"Only" $1.6 B to surpass VW as the 2nd most valuable auto manufacturer in the world.
View attachment 497947

So, imagine you're shorting this stock. And your whole thesis is around valuation, and how many cars Tesla makes vs. Ford, or GM, or dare-I-say VW. And how much experience those venerable companies have in making proper cars, compared to whomps-wheels Thrashla, right?

How badly would you lose your sh*t right about now?

So, imagine you're shorting this stock. And your whole thesis is around valuation, and how many cars Tesla makes vs. Ford, or GM, or dare-I-say VW. And how much experience those venerable companies have in making proper cars, compared to whomps-wheels Thrashla, right?

How badly would you lose your sh*t right about now?
A short thesis based on valuation would result in doubling down. It might be hard with all the losses getting to this point, but it would be consistent. This just proves the bubble gets bigger before it pops.

Or not. I'm not short any stock, much less $TSLA :D:D:D:D

Reactions: imherkimer
This may not be politically correct, and I am saying this with all due respect regarding the all important mating preferences of speckled bats and fornicating migrating birds or whatever, but this is more than silly, and one of the reasons the EU is stuck going nowhere, wondering why the US and China, with all their flaws, are kicking their ass in technology and economy.

Tesla’s run-in with endangered bats could delay plans for Gigafactory 4

The EU is so crazy that this may not even be dirty tricks by VW or the other pre extinction dinosaurii, but genuine local madness.

I expect that such crap will delay GF4 by at least a couple months. Not great, not terrible. But unnecesary. And not surprising.

EDIT: P.R. wise, this delay, if it actually becomes significant (say 3- 6 months) could actually be a great boost for Tesla China sales, and even for Tesla reputation in Europe, as Germany will prove to be incompetent and backward and probably engaging in stalling tactics, diminishing the German car brands, making the feel about them a lot less high tech and a lot more old school and boring and desperate and dying.

With all due respect, I'm very proud to be European and the care we give to the environment.

In fact if there are endangered species there then I can't see how they could cut the forest - maybe Brandenberg has some other land they could consider...?

I think it's time to dust off this chestnut.

elonan the contrarian.jpg

The 1/10 $560 call I picked up for 27 bucks today is 100% green already. Good lord.
Nobody likes a braggart. I was chided when the stock price was cratering, but I will take the high road now that the positions are reversed. That is, my wife and I ordered a Model 3! Q1 delivery secured. Makes me wonder how much the order book is gonna fill up from the stock gains.
Feedback loop for sure. Heck, elon could start a hot dog company tomorrow and I'd throw money at him.