Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be different depending on location. Ca... maybe has that stereotyping, less so in other geos.

Every person I know had the same opportunity, even if just one share at a time. This wasn't insider info here, the facts were abundant if they looked. I only feel sorry for the too many who could not get in at all. Uber greatful we are among those so fortunate.

I'm in Virginia. but the "smug" reputation for Tesla fans is universal, and not geographically focused. As is the distaste for anyone bragging about coming into a bunch of money.

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I sold some shares early in the year to finance my Model 3... While I'm extremely happy with it, I keep thinking that the price I paid for it keeps increasing, especially now... :D Is that what Elon meant when he said "appreciating asset"? :p

While it might be tempting to sell TSLA shares to pay for your car I think I would look to sell something else instead. I have a very long term view of the company.

How long before he gets on the blocked list?

Dan
Lol, nevermind that! That Bludsplat dude's twitter feed is a better read than TMC's 'Uberbulls Only' thread... :p

StockUp20.tweet.png

@SpaceCash sorry dude, u bin retired :cool:

Cheers!

P.S. Over 17.5M shares traded by 14:00 hrs :D

“Tesla is and remains one of our biggest and our best short positions.”

-Jim Chanos, 11/22/19, before the stock rallied almost 50% over the next 6 weeks.

This is poetic justice the way TSLA investors are now benefitting from the bets that Enron would fail.

One energy trading company taken down. Profits used to pay off investors in the company bringing renewable energy and transport to the world. :)

I'm beginning to like the way that Jim Chanos operates! ;) Turns out, he's just a conduit being used to get us to sustainable energy sooner.

Exactly. Other than range, performance, thermal management, longevity, charge management, and manufacturing, it's totally trivial.

Plus some extras: Proprietary high-speed charging network, synergy with your energy division, a complete & unified software stack, proprietary application specific chip for FSD, Internet as a in-car service, your pool of sold cars give you pre-processed FSD-training data for free - and probably a bunch of other stuff that maybe isn't even included in the TSLA SP valuation...

I am happy to report that my April 500$ calls bought Thursday that I considered a lotto-like bet on a Q1 P&D-report that would be a sign of S&P-500 inclusion seem like they could be in the money real soon. :)
So what do we actually do with those lotto tickets - assuming the stock just keeps rocketing a while longer? I bought Feb 500s..
Hints from the Pros? I bought my first ever calls on Thursday....
And those numbers look insane.

Can you buy TSLA ADRs in China? Maybe all 1.4 billion people recently learned about Tesla with the opening of GF3 and have decided to become investors in the company.

If Tesla decides to move 10% shares to China, this stock could double in a few weeks. I hope they don't do that yet. I am still in accumulation mode.

There has to be more then good earning with TSLA to make move like this, may be big investor have knowledge of next generation battery.

I don't think any inside information is necessary. The Cybertruck reveal displayed prices of vehicles that will require more battery stored energy than currently in use. Logic states there must be a breakthru of some kind... either cost savings in production or increased energy density with cost savings... but something.