Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the map below of PG&E outages, neither the Tesla factory nor Tesla HQ are themselves directly in the areas affected by outages. Note: the HQ is just barely outside the affected areas and these have changed since I saw the first map yesterday. For example, our house is now inside with the line about halfway down my block. :confused:

Map: PG&E Power shut-off map - Google My Maps

The map comes from this article on SFGate: Map shows neighborhoods impacted by PG&E power shutoffs

Even if the power stays on at Tesla's facilities, I think it is reasonable to expect that any large scale disarrangement of life in Silicon Valley would effect them.

Fortunately, we have still power at the m

arrr
rr
r

Could TSLA be down also from announcing the earnings release on Oct 23?

Announcing early usually means the numbers are not good.

No. And no it doesn’t. Earnings for Tesla’s best quarter ever was early. So was its worst. Zero correlation.

More likely that Zach is getting everything straight sooner than his predecessors.

For reference: Q3 2018 call was Oct 24, 2018. That was, uh, a good quarter.

Last edited:
I think Trump caving to Erdogan of all people says a lot about how much political currency he has left.
Erdogan wants to wipe out the kurds. China wants to homogenize the uigurs to Han.

The Turkey conflict of interest was explained by ... Trump himself, in 2015:

Trump On Turkey: 'I Have A Little Conflict Of Interest ... It's Called Trump Towers' | HuffPost

Trump made the comment in a Breitbart News interview in December 2015 during his presidential campaign when asked how he would handle Turkey and Syria.

I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump boasted in response. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers — two towers, instead of one, not the usual one; it’s two. And I’ve gotten to know Turkey very well. They’re amazing people, they’re incredible people. They have a strong leader.”​

So Trump betrayed the Kurdish rebels, allies of the U.S. who have lost countless men fighting ISIS, to help Erdogan and his own business interests in Turkey.

Turkey didn't waste any time attacking the Kurds, after Trump gave them the green light and announced the withdrawal of U.S. forces:

Trump’s Decision To Abandon Syria’s Kurds Met With Immediate Broad Condemnation | HuffPost

"Turkey began its offensive against the Syrian Kurds just 72 hours after the White House announced it would pull troops from the area."​

How anyone can argue that this kind of abuse of power is even remotely legal is beyond me.

The Turkey conflict of interest was explained by ... Trump himself, in 2015:

Trump On Turkey: 'I Have A Little Conflict Of Interest ... It's Called Trump Towers' | HuffPost

Trump made the comment in a Breitbart News interview in December 2015 during his presidential campaign when asked how he would handle Turkey and Syria.

I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump boasted in response. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers — two towers, instead of one, not the usual one; it’s two. And I’ve gotten to know Turkey very well. They’re amazing people, they’re incredible people. They have a strong leader.”​

So Trump betrayed the Kurdish rebels, allies of the U.S. who have lost countless men fighting ISIS, to help Erdogan and his own business interests in Turkey.

Turkey didn't waste any time attacking the Kurds, after Trump gave them the green light and announced the withdrawal of U.S. forces:

Trump’s Decision To Abandon Syria’s Kurds Met With Immediate Broad Condemnation | HuffPost

"Turkey began its offensive against the Syrian Kurds just 72 hours after the White House announced it would pull troops from the area."​

How anyone can argue that this kind of abuse of power is even remotely legal is beyond me.

In short.

China can avoid the tariff by building two trump towers in Beijin.

There might be an obvious answer to why this isn’t the case, but wouldnt gas stations presumably have diesel generators as backup?

Possibly if they plan ahead.

I experienced this situation this summer. A thunder storm took out the electricity in the whole county I was visiting. So arrived at a supercharger. But it was off. Realized that there was no power.

I went to a nearby gas station to buy some snacks. But I could not because they had no power for the cash registers. So even if the pumps were manually operated they could not have sold any fuel.

Spotted a cafeteria across the street and peeked in. But they could not sell me any food there either.

Tried to search online for any news about this but got no network on my phone.

So I went back to my Tesla and used it's battery to power up my laptop so that I could watch a Netflix I had cached earlier so that I could watch while offline.

The power was restored a few hours later and I charged up and left.

End of story. :p

Tesla announced its earnings date about 45 minutes before the disappointing news about the trade talks. The TSLA after-hours share price held near its closing price until the Chinese news.

It's been my experience that companies announcing early in an earnings season usually provide more welcome news than those announcing later. However, in the case of Tesla I see no pattern. Earlier announcements can be a sign of a more mature company that can assemble all of the necessary data relatively quickly.
I agree. I think third week of the quarter is the "new normal" for Tesla, after Deepak retired and was replaced by Zach.

So Tesla already made 79837 Model 3 in Q3, you are saying it won't go past 80K in Q4. That's a bold claim.

That is a claim Maarten from Clean Technica is making.

I give it about equal weight of it being true as Elon's prediction of 8500/week out of Fremont.(If that is what he said, I don't remember him saying so.)