Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seems like TSLAQ submarine hit a wrong ship

Georgia is pretty far from Iceland! :confused:

Well, to be honest. The short (midget) submarine was pulling into the Savannah harbor to refuel.
When (much to the captains surprise) the electric car detector went off.
He had no choice, but to fire on the ship.

P100D+ ... I’m liking this a lot. First “+” Tesla since the P85+, my first Tesla. It had beefed up suspension, staggered tires, and drove much tighter than the standard P85. Now I’m enjoying a P3D with Track mode, etc.

Imagine combining the best of both - 2.4s 0-60 speed, active suspension, Track Mode with stiffer suspension and active cooling, and big sticky tires - salivating just thinking about it.

No doubt the Laguna Seca video tomorrow will be of the P100D+, and yes this version is bound to be released very very soon. $20K more than a current P100D and it’ll be a steal vs. the Taycan.

The real Porsche killer...

P100D+ ... I’m liking this a lot. First “+” Tesla since the P85+, my first Tesla. It had beefed up suspension, staggered tires, and drove much tighter than the standard P85. Now I’m enjoying a P3D with Track mode, etc.

Imagine combining the best of both - 2.4s 0-60 speed, active suspension, Track Mode with stiffer suspension and active cooling, and big sticky tires - salivating just thinking about it.

No doubt the Laguna Seca video tomorrow will be of the P100D+, and yes this version is bound to be released very very soon. $20K more than a current P100D and it’ll be a steal vs. the Taycan.

Sarah will be going to college.

Everyone who guessed P100D+ should get a P100D+ as a prize .... :)

Not me; I honestly didn't call that they'd be making a special track edition. I figured they'd just put on some track tires on an otherwise stock Model S, say, "Hey, it's more stock than the Porsche", edge out its time by a bit, and call it done. I had no idea that their plans were this ambitious :)

Audi : Here's our Tesla killer!
Analysts : meh, what else is out there?
VW : Here's our Tesla killer!
Analysts : meh, what else is out there?
Porsche : Here's our Tesla killer!
Analysts : meh. Tesla is looking pretty good right now

That's why I think the stock popped today - analysts are finally waking up to the fact that Tesla has built some amazing cars with amazing specs for an amazing price, along with amazing software and infrastructure. And that it will not be easy for competitors to catch up.

There have been two significant events in the Tesla Killer file this year.

Polestar 2 revealed matching Model 3 value proposition next day Elon cuts Model 3 prices 12%.

Porsche Taycan revealed next day Elon announces Model S heading to Nürburgring.

VW ID.3 is a LEAF/Zoe killer if anything.

Anybody want to guess combined EPA range on the Model S P100D+(Nürburgring Edition)?

Without knowing the outcome, I'll say this: either way is going to be good. If Tesla goes slower, what we'll see is them going home to work on it, and coming back and beating the P-car next time. And immediately putting those changes into currently produced cars. No existing auto company can execute even close to that level of manufacturing agility.

My pure speculation:

Model S P100D+ Track Edition

* Triple engines like the roadster
* Aero dynamic chassi with increased down force and cooling
* Brembo brakes
* Bigger ultra wide tyres
* Racing seats
* Track mode
* FSD included

+$49900
0-60mph 2.1s
No way it has three motors. Main feature is better brakes and software to use them more then regen on the track to control battery heating. Tires, seats upgraded for racing and track mode as you say. Maybe a slightly upgraded battery as well.

+$20k only.

My pure speculation:

Model S P100D+ Track Edition

* Triple engines like the roadster
* Aero dynamic chassi with increased down force and cooling
* Brembo brakes
* Bigger ultra wide tyres
* Racing seats
* Track mode
* FSD included

+$49900
0-60mph 2.1s

- not going to be triple motor. way too drastic a change for a "+" sign
- chassis will be the same. might have a modified spoiler or something.
- could definitely use upgraded brakes
- absolutely appears to be sporting wider tires
- seats would be an expensive upgrade for little gain, but maybe?
- track mode, yeah, sounds likely
- FSD seems like the opposite of desirable for a track beast. but maybe they'd throw that in to help justify the sticker price. (although i'd argue oldschool P100D pricing, aka $130k, for supercar acceleration AND near-supercar track performance would be insane value)