Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love it when someone talks out of turn on the Internet. Mr. Zellmer might want to wait until after Tesla records their track time before throwing shade. If Tesla uses ‘series-production’ tires and beats the Taycan’s time, he’s going to look like a donkey.

Not like Porsche used production series tires either.

Nafnlaus on Twitter

It was a stripped down, modified prototype tuned for the track, which makes it hilarious to hear all of the Porsche fans complaining about people taking photos of the Model S on (gasp) track tires! ;)

Hate to be the negative one but Laguna Seca is a much shorter track where cooling is not going to be much of an issue. So this time is great but it doesn’t mean much for the ring.
So it is either the ring, or just fold and go home?

"We call ourselves a true sports car manufacturer, and there aren't that many ways to prove that it is a true sports car," Klaus Zellmer, president and CEO of Porsche Cars North America, told me at the Frankfurt Motor Show on Tuesday. "The Nurburgring is almost like a meter that you use to define where you stand."

its funny that Taycan is a sports car, but Model S is not even a sports car, just a family sedan.

Last edited:
I don't think this has anything to do with Aug sales estimates. IIRC after insideev numbers came about, the SP actually dropped a bit.

Someone is buying either long term or prepping for Q3 delivery report. Or they have some information that is not public.

It could also be the same buyer who was accumulating before the macros tanked on tariff news. Now that macro news has stabilized, they are buying again.

I can just see investors "prepping" and looking for the right time to enter (or re-enter). There's been no obvious (real) reason the stock would go down between now and any Q3 results, but there is a lot of reasons for people to get hyped on the tech and growth outlook with no competition even on the horizon.

I find myself thinking crying wolf a lot with this stock - we've seen this act before just ahead of earnings. Maybe best to believe and have a sense of purpose here with the rest of you. If it's another FUD setup, I could go decades here with my investment but you're running out of time... and you know it, lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Not like Porsche used production series tires either.

Nafnlaus on Twitter

It was a stripped down, modified prototype tuned for the track, which makes it hilarious to hear all of the Porsche fans complaining about people taking photos of the Model S on (gasp) track tires! ;)

It looks like this will be a new trim level: P100D+

(picture from: Tesla Model S spied prepping for Nurburgring lap attempt)

So I guess there goes the complaints about it being a one-off custom version for the run. And I suspect that it will become orderable after they complete the run.

But thanks for finding that they were using tires that can't currently be ordered, even if they said it was series-production tires. So just like he said it was production and the video said prototype it seems like he didn't know what was actually done.

I'm surprised that they have it out in public without hiding anything. I would have least left the + off.

Last edited:
Does anybody have any evidence that oil companies are shorting Tesla? I think the answer is no. This board rightly condemns false or unsubstantiated derogatory statements about Tesla, it should apply the same standard to comments about oil companies.
I appreciate you're concern for the poor oil companies. They have been SO mistreated/S

Does anybody have any evidence that oil companies are shorting Tesla? I think the answer is no. This board rightly condemns false or unsubstantiated derogatory statements about Tesla, it should apply the same standard to comments about oil companies.
I don’t think that they are outright shorting Tesla. I think it’s mostly idiots shorting. Ido think oil companies pay off journalists/media companies to hurt Tesla’s brand

I don’t think that they are outright shorting Tesla. I think it’s mostly idiots shorting. Ido think oil companies pay off journalists/media companies to hurt Tesla’s brand

Every day big oil companies can postpone the transition to EV, will secure them a few billion in profits. So in the grand scheme of things, it’s a small cost to short the stock (or to fund the shorting activity). I can’t find it now, but a link to an article by a blogger who made this argument was posted recently.

What I don’t understand is why Tesla’s CFO doesn’t hire some bright people to expose this.

It looks like this will be a new trim level: P100D+

(picture from: Tesla Model S spied prepping for Nurburgring lap attempt)

So I guess there goes the complaints about it being a one-off custom version for the run. And I suspect that it will become orderable after they complete the run.

But thanks for finding that they were using tires that can't currently be ordered, even if they said it was series-production tires. So just like he said it was production and the video said prototype it seems like he didn't know what was actually done.

Everyone who guessed P100D+ should get a P100D+ as a prize .... :)