Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to admit, I was getting really nervous this morning. I'm closing my surgical practice November 1st and still haven't locked in any gains. I almost sold 1,000 shares at the open today. Then I remembered my super powers and sold the 20 covered calls for this Friday (2500 SP). Not only did it stop the fall, but we finished a little green today. However, with the additional calls I sold for Jan 22 previously, I don't want to put any more shares on the line, so if we start dropping tomorrow, someone else has to either sell stock or covered calls. I can't do ALL the work around here.... Thank you. ;)

I have to admit, I was getting really nervous this morning. I'm closing my surgical practice November 1st and still haven't locked in any gains. I almost sold 1,000 shares at the open today. Then I remembered my super powers and sold the 20 covered calls for this Friday (2500 SP). Not only did it stop the fall, but we finished a little green today. However, with the additional calls I sold for Jan 22 previously, I don't want to put any more shares on the line, so if we start dropping tomorrow, someone else has to either sell stock or covered calls. I can't do ALL the work around here.... Thank you. ;)

You are a surgeon? And you early retiring because of the gains in Tesla? That is a sad outcome for humanity no?

You are a surgeon? And you early retiring because of the gains in Tesla? That is a sad outcome for humanity no?
Believe me, I've struggled with that. I'm really good at what I do (significantly better than average in my opinion). But I've paid dearly for helping others with a significant physical and mental toll (few people can imagine the stress). After a devastating family tragedy last year, that I tried to keep working through, I need to focus on my family now.

Believe me, I've struggled with that. I'm really good at what I do (significantly better than average in my opinion). But I've paid dearly for helping others with a significant physical and mental toll (few people can imagine the stress). After a devastating family tragedy last year, that I tried to keep working through, I need to focus on my family now.

You've paid your dues....time to enjoy what matters to you most now. With this pandemic, we have been fortunate to still have our jobs and watch our kids grow every day. You really take time for granted, until you realize its too late and it has passed you by. I hope you have a enjoyable and fruitful retirement....and no stress holding $TSLA shares :)

They are getting close, one step at a time lol.

08/24: Energy company Exxon booted from Dow Jones
08/25: Some random Motors company is now in S&P Midcap 400; Lithia Motors, not Tesla motors
08/26: Our turn?

Where did that guy go? Everyday he would show up and say “this is the day” haha
You mean the good old days when the magic number was $1500 o_O that guy was rather persistent

Tesla gonna rip the heads off the shorts w/ fat ass suspender toolbag Gordy Johnson for a tasty breakfast.
This is factual info: Gordo needs to eat *sugar* and choke to death.
In reality though...if people like him did not exist, the entertainment value would be a lot lighter. Now,... i think him losing his a** on shorting $TSLA is enough....probably does not need to eat *sugar* and choke to death.

I wish the best for your family. I hope that in a reasonable period of time, things settle down for you. I have a lot of respect for medical profession. What you all do for us amazing. Sad to see that a skilled surgeon aint going to be able to help the ones in need. Hope the best for you.

Tesla gonna rip the heads off the shorts w/ fat ass suspender toolbag Gordy Johnson for a tasty breakfast.
This is factual info: Gordo needs to eat *sugar* and choke to death.

While I understand the sentiment, I wish him a cognitive dissonance induced migraine-level headache, followed by a technological epiphany.

Anyone in Berlin up for a coffee? I am sick of non Tesla beliebers and tired of explaining them why Tesla is so disruptive.

Neither the right time of day for a coffee nor close enough to justify the trip. But I hope you find consolation in the fact that there are a lot of people outside of this forum all over the world - and for sure some of them in Berlin - who express their confidence in Tesla through their wallets. Consider the SP a global believe-o-meter.

Semi-OT, but it is amazing that we are seeing Standard Oil (Exxon) leaving the Dow. We are living through one of the great economic transitions of all time. Our grandkids (or great grand kids depending how old you are) will read about this in their history books.

FWIW the "other" standard oil is still in there for now.... (and was there earlier, though it did drop out for a few years in the late 1920s)... dunno for how much longer though

I sure agree about eliminating the SC deserts. Perry, OK SC was down for a few days, which got me very worried because I am going on a trip using that one. A couple of years ago Salina was unreachable due to floods. That would have killed the trip dead (fortunately, I wasn't making the trip at the time). And I don't think a 1000 mile car is necessary either. 350-500 real-life highway miles would be just fine.

OK, then we are pretty close to agreement. 500 mile EPA (next gen cars to be released, i.e. cybertruck and roadster) will translate to about 300 mile range in bad conditions (cold, uphill / against wind) at highway speeds. I am sure within a few years there will be small incremental advancements to raise that a bit higher to meet your criteria -- remember Model S started out ~250 miles EPA now it is ~400. So we do not expect major break-through in terms of range on a single charge, small incremental improvements will do.

What we need from battery R&D is to lower costs, improve charging times and scale production. Which are different goals than increasing energy density for longer range.

OK, then we are pretty close to agreement. 500 mile EPA (next gen cars to be released, i.e. cybertruck and roadster) will translate to about 300 mile range in bad conditions (cold, uphill / against wind) at highway speeds. I am sure within a few years there will be small incremental advancements to raise that a bit higher to meet your criteria -- remember Model S started out ~250 miles EPA now it is ~400. So we do not expect major break-through in terms of range on a single charge, small incremental improvements will do.

What we need from battery R&D is to lower costs, improve charging times and scale production. Which are different goals than increasing energy density for longer range.
Agreed. The 500 mile EPA is probably ideal for anyone not pulling a loaded trailer.