Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for your comment. On principle, I do not discuss individual trades here on TMC, but you can rest assured that at precisely 09:30:15 the value of the Mid-BB was $1,386.27

View attachment 568367

There is predictive power in that information. How one chooses to use it is up to each individual investor. Not advice. GLTA.

Note: SP up $70 from Intraday Low as of 10:22 ET.

Cheers!
Yes, thanks for the forecast. I used it for my latest trade.

Billionaires like Chamath Palihapitiya are billionaires because they are constantly looking at a bigger picture than those around them. Chamath is saying the size of the opportunity in the energy markets is many multiples of the size of the auto market. He's not speaking to what will cause the next 2 years growth (that will be autos and trucks). TSLA's current valuation is based on autos and trucks. He's already won that bet, and in a big way. Is he selling out? No, now his bet is on energy. When markets are forward looking (and they are) the winners look further forward. Chamath is a winner.

Put another way, "You ain't seen nothing yet".
Bitcoin his past great vision, well maybe.
Virgin galactic anybody?

I have noticed it, but it's also fairly typical for the beginning of each quarter, as most of the vehicles produced are for the EU or Asian markets.

It has, however, created a bit of a debate within me. I want my Tesla to be in Hawaii when I get there, or close to it, but I won't want it to arrive too far in advance so that it gets there well before I do.

So, do I order in August? September? :eek: Hm, if September, maybe news will have come out at Battery Day...

First world problems. :p

I configured a Y and it said 8-12 weeks. Got a call within a week that they could provide my car this weekend.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1286665488957878273?s=21

2D9EEDDB-2D92-41DB-B20F-29948037037F.jpeg

It appears GF5 has an official name.

About that Chamath interview... I am not sure he is right about energy trading. He made it sound like "all of us" will be able to trade energy with the new Tesla Autobid software, but the way I understood was that this is for Powerpack/Megapack not Powerwall. Even if the SW makes this seamless and needs no knowledge/skills from the end user, I am pretty sure that energy trading is not something just any residential user can do. At least in Hungary you need a rather expensive permit for it and I bet your local utility company needs to OK as well. This is meant for companies, not private citizens.

You're thinking about now, the really smart guys (no offence) are thinking way ahead...

And Hungary is hardly an example of democracy now, is it :p

• Funny
Reactions: M|S|M MYP