Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normally, yes. But funds forced to buy due to the S&P 500 inclusion, especially index funds, are completely price inelastic. If TSLA goes to $100,000, they will still be buying. They will literally be forced to buy at any price.
So then youd think the inclusion would happen quickly after earnings. Unless there is a bear attack planned before inclusion hoping for a better price... something we dont know yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: UkNorthampton
IMO Tesla's most hotly anticipated events of all time:
  1. M3 reveal
  2. S&P 500 inclusion
  3. Battery Day
Incredible that 2 and 3 could be just weeks apart.

I think the Cybertruck hype should replace the S&P 500; more people are aware of, and cared about, the truck's reveal. I mean, us investors really, *really* care, but average Joe Smoe?

For both the M3 and Battery day, it affects more than just the investors.

IMO Tesla's most hotly anticipated events of all time:
  1. M3 reveal
  2. S&P 500 inclusion
  3. Battery Day
Incredible that 2 and 3 could be just weeks apart.
IMO, Battery Day should be ranked ahead of S&P500 inclusion. The S&P thing gets a bit too much discussion. Battery Day now seems like it's in the shadow of S&P inclusion and some feel there are no surprises left. IMO, Battery Day will rock the world!

One more thing: If autonomy is solved or if AP dramatically improves enough by EOY to prove L5 will happen, it would rank #2 behind the Model 3 reveal. Autonomy will instantly consume 99% of the oxygen in the room if/when skeptics (like me) turn into believers. It would double or triple TSLA in the short and long term.

Index funds have no price targets ;)

But no, my 2030 price target is probably ~$25k. I'm ~80-90% confident it'll be between $8k and $60k.

Does this make me the bull version of Adam Jonas? :rolleyes:

I might have to up that lower $8k barrier soon, because that's if Tesla does not solve autonomy, which is looking less and less likely by the day.
Even if Tesla does not solve autonomy, $8K is quite achievable long term as long as no one else solves it.

Dare me say the D word? 100 million times?
That someone please place the buy order on Monday...

Checked #TSLAQ again, seems their entire bear case had reduced to accounting fraud.
In this sense, the unicorn guy is one the brighter ones of the bunch...
The problem with TSLAQ folks and other skeptics is they assume Tesla's product line will be static going forward. That is a grave mistake. They also don't account for cost reductions that Tesla will weaponize as demand levers.

No way you could guess how TSLAQ on Twitter is responding to the Model Y price reduction... :cool:

Usually TSLAQ or many "analysts" say that Tesla lowers price because of demand issues... etc.

But from a Tesla mission statement POV, it's never Tesla's idea to keep things out of people's reach and profit from that. So as their production cost and things get ironed out, they drop their price by the magnitude of their saving while maintaining an acceptable profit margin within TSLA.

And from a business perspective, I also see them doing this to eliminate the competitions (to be).

If Tesla is selling the most advanced EV on market for X amount of dollars, and you are looking to introduce another EV, what can you charge the consumer? If you are going to sell it for more, you better have a lot more than Tesla's offering, and if you are going to sell it for less, how much profit can you get? And these are the simple questions that any VC or investors would ask during a pitch. If you don't have a viable answer, there'd be no deal. No funding, no competition.

And it makes perfect sense too even taking Tesla's mission statement. Because EV is different than cars. Foxconn (yes, the one that builds iPhone for AAPL) announced a while back IIRC that they would enter the EV game by assembling them together. That's how different EV is to cars.

But Tesla wouldn't want too many "amateur" (for lack of a better word) on the market tainting the EV image.

No, Model S/X were increased to 225 kw less than a month a ago, but not 250 like 3/Y.

Tesla increases Model S and X Supercharging rate to 225 kW - Electrek
Try again....?
upload_2020-7-12_1-31-11.png

upload_2020-7-12_1-31-22.png

Try again....?
Lol, it's kinda pointless posting screenies as evidence without a posting a link.

I provided a news link that is 3 wks old to the 225KW Supercharge rate for S/X. Do you have a link that supports your 250 KW claim for S/X?

"Tesla Increases Model S and X Supercharging Rate to 225 kW" | Torque News Jun 24, 2020

Why do you want a 3,650 mile battery in your car? If that technology comes, I would rather have a battery that is 1/6 the size. The car would still be capable of driving 600+ mile on a single charge yet the car would be much lighter and there would be much more space.
Smaller batteries will be the way forward (mostly because of cost) but it will come at the price of reduced performance. Li-metal and anode free are presumably years away and probably won't be raised on battery day. Can we give Li-metal and anode free a more catchy name? BareXmetal.

I will just leave this here and walk away:

I wonder if a supercapacitor could plug the performance gap?:eek::oops:

He recently doubled down on British energy giant BP and now owns over one million shares. But rather than dwell on its sagging, crude-dependent stock chart, he’s betting on its hydrogen fuel cells and enjoying its 6% dividend yield while he waits for the company to recover.

“They have important intellectual property in that area,” he says of the cells, which create electricity by using hydrogen as fuel, a technology Wertheim believes is the future of both air and road transportation. “We’re going to move to a hydrogen economy.” Contrarian Wertheim also likes the troubled stock of General Electric; he owns over 15 million shares and has been picking up more.

Oh well... can't win 'em all.

F