Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, that info was not in your video. Doesn't look good then.
I'm so curious why folks thought V2G would happen with the current fleet, especially before the million mile battery (translated = more charge cycles)? This type of constant charging/discharging on the current technology would probably cause some pretty noticeable degradation in short order, so did anybody really expect this?

Besides, how on earth are they going to get all you early Model S/3/X/Y adopters to upgrade your damned cars if they don't introduce something every now and then to make yours "obsolete"??? :D

I'm so curious why folks thought V2G would happen with the current fleet, especially before the million mile battery (translated = more charge cycles)? This type of constant charging/discharging on the current technology would probably cause some pretty noticeable degradation in short order, so did anybody really expect this?

Besides, how on earth are they going to get all you early Model S/3/X/Y adopters to upgrade your damned cars if they don't introduce something every now and then to make yours "obsolete"??? :D

At less than 2% of total cars sales, I think Tesla is thinking a lot harder about appealing to the remaining 98% than trying to get you or I to buy a new car.

But it is good for current Tesla owners to constantly upgrade to the latest and greatest because this increases the supply of good used cars on the market for those who can't justify the splurge of a brand new car. I look forward to the day when people can buy old Tesla Model 3 "road warriors" for $5K or $10K. These will be cars with cosmetic body damage, high mileage, worn tires and probably only 200 miles of range left.

I can get to 40,000 for Q2 just by counting leftovers from Q1 and very conservative numbers from China. Add in 6 weeks of conservative numbers from Fremont and I’m easily over 50k.

Sure, but people have to be able/want to buy them too, and this isn't obvious right now.

tornado_probability.gif

That’s as peripheral as it gets, eh? :rolleyes:

So whats Max Pain for tomorrow? Opricot asking to register now :(
Stock Option Max Pain
800 using this site.

OI walls at 700 and 850, with volume activity 800 (put) and 830/850 call side yesterday. If this is the driver, I'm thinking expiration closing price will be between 800 and 830, with option sellers preferring as close to 800 as possible.

The actual money difference between 800 and 830 is about $150 to $180M, and 800 to 850 is about $150 to $200M. Above 850, the cost to option sellers starts getting out of hand.

I find it unlikely that there aren't plans in place to support replacing the batteries in legacy vehicles with new ones, not for free of course, but in a long term robotaxi plan the batteries are the first to go.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
I find it unlikely that there aren't plans in place to support replacing the batteries in legacy vehicles with new ones, not for free of course, but in a long term robotaxi plan the batteries are the first to go.
More likely the electronics and switches (such as the ones on the steering wheel) will go before the battery.

• Funny
Reactions: hacer
Electrek’s source on the viral bidirectional charger story Tuesday now agrees that he probably misidentified some parts and was mistaken in his assessment.

Viral article on Tesla bidirectional AC charging is “debunked”

A media report asserting that Tesla has quietly added hardware support for bidirectional AC charging in existing Tesla Model 3 cars was ‘debunked” today by a well-regarded electrical engineer in the EV community.

Phil Sadow, who often goes by the moniker Ingineerix online, posted a video to his YouTube channel challenging some aspects of the reportcarried by Electrek on Tuesday.

In a brief phone conversation today, the original source for Electrek’s article told Electric Revs that Sadow is probably right and that he may well have misidentified some circuit board parts but no longer has access to the original circuit boards in order to re-inspect the parts closely.

Sure, but people have to be able/want to buy them too, and this isn't obvious right now.

If Tesla didn't have the orders and a healthy order rate, they wouldn't have pushed so hard to get Fremont back up and running. It would have been much more cost effective to continue to put workers on furlough/unpaid leave

A couple years ago, Lyndsay Tucker started receiving texts and calls for Tesla and SpaceX chief executive Elon Musk. It seems AT&T randomly reassigned his old number to Tucker. She assures people she does not work for Musk or his companies.

Now Lyndsay Tucker is getting frantic calls from Linnette Lopez and Mark Matousek of Business Insider. This is supposed to be hush-hush but apparently, they want to buy her phone number for a lot of money. ;)

You have to say the word with conviction or at least be a better liar.

I take umbrage at you implying I'm a liar. If you're implying I'm trolling by such a statement then you clearly haven't paid any attention to my posts over the last 4 years.

I hardly think the current environment is ideal for car purchasing, do you? I'm certain the demand is there, but not convinced people have the appetite right now.

If Tesla didn't have the orders and a healthy order rate, they wouldn't have pushed so hard to get Fremont back up and running. It would have been much more cost effective to continue to put workers on furlough/unpaid leave

This is possible, but the logistics of delivery aren't really there right now and people who have ordered might want to defer delivery a bit.

Obviously I hope this isn't the case, I want that 0.01c profit to get the S&P inclusion.

This is only one data point but my in-laws have a Volvo Dealership here in Washington State and new car sales have been booming for the last 10 days. A lot of pent-up demand. I'm guessing if they can sell Volvo's like hotcakes with social distancing in place, Tesla will have an even easier time of it.