Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on today's SP, it seems all is forgiven. I believe we are close to the SP we were before the tweets, "We too high".

And in my unbridled optimism, I'm feeling a vibe that last weeks twitter uproar could be a catalyst the center and left needed to speak up in favor of loosening the WFH quarantines without looking like protester sympathizers. I'm not implying that Elon's reputation is regarded as a voice of reason to those outside of our world but his credibility supported by his string of accomplishments has to carry some weight.

In trying to minimize OT opinions concerning Covid, it just seems to me that the initial fear and concerns were not to eradicate the virus but to avoid overtaxing our health care system. Outside of some pockets in NYC and NJ, from what I've read, mission accomplished. Seems logical that if we slowing begin a rollback of restrictions, we can begin the healing process and still keep from having health care professional make a "Sophies Choice". The numbers will go up, no doubt but we have a "perfection is the enemy of good" scenario unfolding if now the goal is to maintain a lockdown until the new cases is at 0.

A few here have mentioned getting a thumbs up from unexpected fellow drivers that some feel is in support of Elon's taking a stand against an overly oppressive government that could be interpreted as ultra conservative cause it's the easy way out. We can see evidence of that with the backlash against Elon initially, not just from a public voicing Musk's greedy agenda but even here we have members that find his position inexcusable.
I'm not trying to pass judgement on whichever camp you set up your tent, only that by Musk going public with his viewpoint, opens the door to others that may have also felt like, "okay, things in my neck of the woods aren't nearly as bad as we expected, let's loosen our grip a little and try to bring back normalcy.

The end result I see is Musk's pushing back has a silent majority of support that may no longer be silent. My gut feeling is this will give Tesla a net positive when the dust settles. I admire Musk's ability to fearlessly express his opinion on things he believes are right. There will be missteps along the way and his stumbling on some of his Covid positions are the collateral damage of his personality. But overall, his hits far outweigh his misses.

???? Has there been any indication from Alameda county that they will allow Fremont to reopen in mid May? I think 12-14 weeks is more realistic.

There was a suggestion from the Alameda County health officer that they might consider some easing in a couple weeks if things go well. What that means is anyone's guess but does leave open the possibility of some additional steps being taken before the end of the month (I'm not counting on it but hope springs eternal).

From an article in the SF Chronicle:

Public health officers said it’s possible they will loosen further restrictions before the end of the month....

But those decisions depend on state and regional metrics moving in the right directions, and much of that progress is in the hands of public health authorities — to increase testing capacity, for example, and to hire workers to do labor-intensive contact tracing.

The effects of these new activities we’re allowing won’t be seen for a couple of weeks — that’s one reason we wanted these indicators, so we could monitor them,” said Dr. Erica Pan, the Alameda County health officer. “If we feel like things are better in a couple weeks, there’s a possibility we could relax some more.”

Bay Area has 6 criteria for loosening coronavirus restrictions. Here’s where each county is now

Shorts must be shaking their heads on this one. More illustration of the 5 day delay we saw when production and deliveries were announced in early April. Mega-surprise to the upside......SP did nothing for two days.

Now we have a mega-surprise on earnings and the delayed upswing is even fighting through an Elon mega-twitter-blow-up. A good thing to remember for the next clearly positive news event that fails to move the needle immediately.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rammstein and EinSV
Based on today's SP, it seems all is forgiven. I believe we are close to the SP we were before the tweets, "We too high".
Uptick rule restricting the shortzes. They'll be unfettered tomorrow.

Shorts must be shaking their heads on this one.

Their hands are tied today. See above.

???? Has there been any indication from Alameda county that they will allow Fremont to reopen in mid May? I think 12-14 weeks is more realistic.

Thanks to Elon laying the groundwork, Fremont will open by mid-month. He's a master at PR even if it looks rough on the surface.

Watch and be humbled.

Where is he moving?
he'll live happily ever after in a van down by the river
yFlnlfh.png

BTW I meant 12-14 weeks total shutdown, i.e., reopen late June to early July.

edit: I truly hope this does not age well

Last edited:
Tesla strikes battery deal with South Korean giant Hanwha Corporation

Tesla made a deal with a Korean battery manufacturing supplier, which probably will allow them better control over their production of batteries in GF Shanghai, and GF Berlin, if not GF Nevada (though that one may be contractual exclusive with Panasonic).

If I understood the article, that company makes "Cell Formation" equipment. That's the step after assembly where the cell is put through several charge/re-charge cycles to create the vital SEI layer.

This can only be used by a company planning to manufacture its own cells. I see it as part of the larger program of assembling all the assets Tesla requires to have its own vertically integrated bty production.

I'm looking for a cathode powder production purchase next.

Cheers!

Last edited: