Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon's frustration says to me he's gotten indications that it will be much longer
I here ya, but this is more likely Elon's mind racing to see the end game (which would be as you described). But recall, this is the same leader that warned in an email to employees that their recent cap raise (Spring 2019) would be all gone in 10 mths if they didn't tighten their belts and execute.

The result? 10 months later, Tesla was in a record quarter for production and profits. This seeming act of prestidigitation left Wall St. baffled, and certainly enriched those of us who understand Elon's thought process.

It's pretty simple stuff, with a solid logical foundation and remarkable consistency. I've written about it here at length before. Folks that don't get it by now likely aren't capable of getting it. Their loss in the end game, except in that everything gets better when the mission succeeds.

So, don't fret. Elon has the vision required see potential poor outcomes and avoid them. Elon will steer his companies through these challenges, attract more followers, and continue his calling to build a better future. And in the near future, that means lots of shiny pickup trucks and space rockets home-grown in the heart of Texas. Its gonna be glorious! :D

Cheers!

P.S. U got your Resume in at SpaceX yet? I hear their looking for a few steely-eyed rocket men... :cool:

Last edited:
Elon had no trouble quickly publishing emails with hospitals on twitter when it suited his defense against the media and their ridiculous ventilator hit job (I'm looking at you, Russ). How about all the company communications with county and state officials now that we are out of the quiet period? The company could overshadow all of this controversy if they could show evidence of good faith efforts being rebuffed or ignored by officials.

Tesla did show good faith of shipping PPE and ventilators. How did that work?

Forget about Bill Gates and Zuckerberg-Chen foundations, B & Z never put all their fortune on the line. Their charity is just a drop of their net worth. Did B send out ventilators or PPE to help those in need? None, nada-none! But B got all the praise for his philanthropy while costing him almost nothing.

If I were Elon I would shred all my good faith as well.

P.S. U got your Resume in at SpaceX yet? I hear their looking for a few steely-eyed rocket men... :cool:
LOL. 35 years ago I would have been all in, although I’m honest enough with myself that I know I may not have made the three-sigma-high cut. Now I’m in the post-first-retirement phase where I’m happy to find thriving young companies where I can contribute on a part-time remote basis. I consider myself extremely fortunate.

LOL. 35 years ago I would have been all in, although I’m honest enough with myself that I know I may not have made the three-sigma-high cut. Now I’m in the post-first-retirement phase where I’m happy to find thriving young companies where I can contribute on a part-time remote basis. I consider myself extremely fortunate.
Lol, I meant as lawn furniture dude! :p

D996IKM.jpg

Cheers!

Wow you sure make a lot of assumptions about me and things I brought up.

As for Tesla I am sure people seriously considering one will purchase with or without a federal incentive because it’s that good of a car with much appeal. Not so true of other EVs like a Bolt where incentives will help consumers afford the cars where maybe they couldn’t afford a Tesla but wanted to buy EV. There was also congressional discussion of cancelling all incentives.

It’s Tesla’s mission to advance EVs so not encouraging it goes against it. Your post comes off soundIng like you believe the world is all fake news against Trump. Sort of like Pizza Gate I guess. Certainly the “otherside” isn’t putting out fake news. Anyway this isn’t about politics, but about real world concerns about the environment. I’ve talked to some neighbors and showed off my Tesla at different times when approached and for many families with limited resources/budget they say they’d consider an EV after prices go down in the future. In the meantime they buy another ICE vehicle that will last for many years.

So for someone who has done so much research as yourself please tell us how you know Trump has helped the EV movement, embraced sustainable energy and talked his fellow political mates into supporting legislation and programs like those.

Oh, okay, now I see. So I need to pretend I know it all (by using talking points and pretending I'm on the inside circles of what actually happens with Elon, Tesla, and Trump) then tell other's to do more research. Then, if they respond I will provide neighborhood anecdotes as my vigorous research on policy and its outcomes. Remember, you are the one who told me to do more research about Tesla, no? Thanks for playing.

And you wanna play the simpleton game : Can you tell me what policies Trump has enacted that has actually stalled EV adoption? Did he do something that has hampered Tesla's success? If we are going to be even more simpleton about it I guess you could say there are actually more EVs on the road today during Trump's presidency then ever before? Tesla doing better than ever? SpaceX doing better than ever? I know it can be said it is in spite of Trump but can you actually cite the policies and prove how they have affected adoption of EVs? Solar roof and energy about to take off?

Alot of the stuff you are asking for by over regulating and providing "tax payer" funded incentives actually work against the perception you would want to get people to adopt EVs. How do we know this? Well, it is because the "other side" uses it all the time and it works. But again, isn't it funny that the other 90 percent of media goes on and on about the climate and Trump does this and that and then bashes Elon and Tesla any chance they get? Did you watch the democratic debates? Every candidate (except Yang) had no clue what they were talking about regarding energy storage, electric cars and the current state of the art. They just threw out the same talking points.

"It’s Tesla’s mission to advance EVs so not encouraging it goes against it" - LOL, okay

Btw, did you tell your neighbors to go vegan?

Tesla did show good faith of shipping PPE and ventilators. How did that work?

Forget about Bill Gates and Zuckerberg-Chen foundations, B & Z never put all their fortune on the line. Their charity is just a drop of their net worth. Did B send out ventilators or PPE to help those in need? None, nada-none! But B got all the praise for his philanthropy while costing him almost nothing.

If I were Elon I would shred all my good faith as well.

Have to respectfully disagree, can understand the frustration but we cannot devolve towards the same level of cynicism as the forces that look to destroy this company on a daily basis. Facts and reason are so important under the circumstances, employee + family lives are on the line, and it is the only hope to win this battle if the company has produced a solid plan to resume operations. Transparency would be a breath of fresh air after a week of this hurricane of BS.

Reactions: Drumheller and JRP3
Lots of talk on Tesla and everyone knows his tweet was worth 14 billion dollars.
Incorrect. The SP was ALWAYS headed back to the Middle-BB. This SP plunge started with a bear raid on Thurday morning which triggered weak longs. If anything, the tweet may have accelerated the drop by a few hours, but bears have been careful to avoid triggering the "Uptick Rule".

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-05-01.20-00.png

Instead, TSLA now enjoys the protection of the "Uptick Rule" for Monday's session, which will likely break up the plunge and provide support well above the Middle-BB.

That's instead of what WOULD have happened on Monday morning without the "Uptick Rule": Otherwise, shortzes would have walked down the SP during low-volume Pre-market trading, causing the SP ot Open well below the Middle-BB. A little capping effort in the 1st hour, and voilà "hey, let's test that LOWER-BB. If you look a the chart above, that's $493 and it's very likely where we would have gone sometime next week, sans-tweet. Now, that script has been broken up. o_O

You read too much MSM. They sell a narrative. You are their consumer, and their product. Don't buy it.

#GULLIBULL

Last edited:
Incorrect. The SP was ALWAYS headed back to the Middle-BB. This SP plunge started with a bear raid on Thurday morning which triggered weak longs. If anything, the tweet may have accelerated the drop by a few hours, but bears have been careful to avoid triggering the "Uptick Rule".

View attachment 538254

Instead, TSLA now enjoys the protection of the "Uptick Rule" for Monday's session, which will likely break up the plunge and provide support well above the Middle-BB.

That's instead of what WOULD have happened on Monday morning without the "Uptick Rule": Shortzes would then walk down the SP in low-volume Pre-market trading, and the the SP would open will below the Middle-BB. A little capping effort in the 1st hour, and viola, it's time to test that LOWER-BB. If you look a the chart above, the $493 and very likely where we would have gone sometime next week, sans-tweet. o_O

You read too much MSM. They sell a narrative. You are their consumer, and their product. Don't buy it.

#GULLIBULL
so you think because of the tweet next week will be a good week?

Wow you sure make a lot of assumptions about me and things I brought up.

As for Tesla I am sure people seriously considering one will purchase with or without a federal incentive because it’s that good of a car with much appeal. Not so true of other EVs like a Bolt where incentives will help consumers afford the cars where maybe they couldn’t afford a Tesla but wanted to buy EV. There was also congressional discussion of cancelling all incentives.

It’s Tesla’s mission to advance all EVs so not encouraging it goes against it. Your post comes off soundIng like you believe the world is all fake news against Trump. Sort of like Pizza Gate I guess. Certainly the “otherside” isn’t putting out fake news. Anyway this isn’t about politics, but about real world concerns about the environment. I’ve talked to some neighbors and showed off my Tesla at different times when approached and for many families with limited resources/budget they say they’d consider an EV after prices go down in the future. In the meantime they buy another ICE vehicle that will last for many years.

So for someone who has done so much research as yourself please tell us how you know Trump has helped the EV movement, embraced sustainable energy and talked his fellow political mates into supporting legislation and programs like those.

Also, I know your types like to do this so I'm going to point it out in case you decide to become more self aware. Probably talking to you in this manner will defeat the purpose but I've already decided I don't care so here we go.

Try to be consistent with your argument. Here are your words:

"To @RandomJohnny, best for Tesla?"
"Time to do more research if you are serious about Tesla at all."

VS.

"Anyway this isn’t about politics, but about real world concerns about the environment."

"So for someone who has done so much research as yourself please tell us how you know Trump has helped the EV movement, embraced sustainable energy and talked his fellow political mates into supporting legislation and programs like those."

I know, if you can comprehend what I just quoted you would see that yes, you indeed try to change the topic of argument/point. I was commenting on the potential of Trump's policies actually benefitting Tesla. Notice you started there too and actually told me I need to do more research on Tesla. Then suddenly, after I respond with some potential reasons (ie, food for thought) you shift the argument to other stuff. Now I'm cool with the other stuff. I think cleaner air is a great idea but this is, after all, a Tesla Investor Forum. I don't think your kind even realizes you do this and I'm sure you will make some lame excuse why it is justified but the fact remains. You tried to change the argument.

Btw, anyone who knows anything about Tesla would be naive to not think Elon and his team are the only way we are going to get there. There may be someone filling the gaps down the road but Tesla, singularly, is and will be pushing this forward. It is so remotely possible that someone can do what they are doing on so many fronts...it is mind boggling and it has been building and building step by step at a pace that has never been seen. So really, yes, Tesla is the only thing that matters and any policy that accelerates them and puts the established players to their grave I'm for. I just don't believe what the left side has been blowing up everyone's butt anymore and have good reason to believe that many of the things that "appear" bad policy by Trump actually is the opposite. In fact, if it hurts other EVs to the benefit of Tesla I could really care less at this point. They were given their chance. They have had a 100 years. No need to force them or use taxpayer money. No need for them to linger around making sucky compliance cars because there is a government incentive. It is just delaying the inevitable and the longer it takes for them to be gone the more they will try to hold Tesla back with media corruption, lobbying, etc. Let them devolve.

Last edited:
We have to consider part suppliers as well. I think overall this adds a lot of uncertainty.
... on who's behalf Elon has spoken up. I won't be surprised if Tesla buys at least a supporting interest in any struggling supplers. They'll do whatever it takes:

Zachary J. Kirkhorn -- Chief Financial Officer

"As Elon mentioned, it is extremely important that we remain on track to achieve our long-term plans and technology road map. We are taking the near-term actions required to continue those investments. Model Y in Shanghai and Berlin are proceeding as planned and we're making progress on improving capacity for Model Y in Fremont and Model 3 in Shanghai."​

Clearly, those long-term plans include to continued health of Tesla's supply chain in the short term.

Cheers!

View attachment 538254

That's instead of what WOULD have happened on Monday morning without the "Uptick Rule": Shortzes would then walk down the SP in low-volume Pre-market trading, and the the SP would open will below the Middle-BB. A little capping effort in the 1st hour, and viola, it's time to test that LOWER-BB. If you look a the chart above, the $493 and very likely where we would have gone sometime next week, sans-tweet. o_O

#GULLIBULL

Well said Dodger...

It is also the case with Fremont closed Q2 results are impacted and the share price probably falls anyway after Q2 results.

In fact getting Fremont open 1-2 weeks earlier gives a better chance of a Q2 upside surprise.

Macros were trending down anyway on Friday...

We know what Elon is trying to do which is get Fremont open ASAP, he is better place than al of us to judge the right strategy.
I'm sure quiet negotiation has been tried.

IMO the issue no is highly visible having been reported in the national and international media, Elon has shone the spotlight on it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
It is also the case with Fremont closed Q2 results are impacted and the share price probably falls anyway after Q2 results.

Whoa! It's too soon to be predicting what the share price will do after Q2 results are released. We don't even know what the share price will be before the release or when the factory will resume production.

so you think because of the tweet next week will be a good week?
No, I think the plans of the shorts have been disrupted. All of their plans are short term.

At least on Monday, barring illegal proprietary trading by Market Makers under their short selling exemption, TSLA should find support. If the shorts mount another bear raid after that, you can see the tgts above. They must be mightly worried about the 3rd Week of May. It might be their Memorial Day... :p

#BTYDAY

Whoa! It's too soon to be predicting what the share price will do after Q2 results are released. We don't even know what the share price will be before the release or when the factory will resume production.

Fair point, I meant it in the context of trying to explain Elon's tweets, (my interpretation of them) trying to head off or minimise a problem..

And I think Battery Day is likely to be very positive....

Last edited:
I know your types like to do this... I just don't believe what the left side has been blowing up everyone's butt anymore and have good reason to believe that many of the things that "appear" bad policy by Trump actually is the opposite.

Putting mercury in the air and water is not the opposite of bad policy.
Trump administration weakens mercury rule for coal plants

I could post a huge list of other bad policies, but it belongs in the politics thread. Take your contempt for leftist "types" there.