Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a nice IPA..or three a chance to reflect.
The basic problem is we are living in a information void. We don't know what discussions Mr. Musk has had with Cal government officials.
We don't know how many Dr's he has consulted.

So as for myself when I have a lack of information I tend to be quiet.
Other seem to like to scream from the rooftops that the sky is falling.

Now I need another IPA ..or three .....and work on some island plans

View attachment 537915

Will it help your drinking if I post something with hard to decipher typos?

Will it help your drinking if I post something with hard to decipher typos?
And whose IPA? I'm getting thirsty. Wish they still made Ballard Bitter, Redhook IPA sucks in comparison. Now talk about a bad sale... I know they had to have an exit strategy but selling to Anheuser Busch? Can't call yourselves a microbrewery after that...

Elon's twitter followers just ticked up to 33.5M :oops: (from 33.4)
People not abandoning en masse. That has to be good right?
More ppl agree with him than not. The ones who don’t happen to be the most vocal. It’s also politically incorrect to agree with Elon’s approach to expressing himself.

Look at Huntington Beach and OC - they’re out there protesting for crying out loud. This is not a far right demographic. Newsom is just bad. IMHO

Damn, I take a day off to move and discover over a thousand new posts and the stock has plummeted. :eek:

My initial thought was that Elon died of a heart attack or the Fremont factory was flattened by an earthquake or China nationalized G3! Much to my relief, it's just some more Elon being Elon tweets. They're irritating and often baffling, but I do not believe they'll have a long term impact on the company and the stock. I'm just glad I'm a HODLER and not a day or swing trader!

Now back to catching up with this thread from my new pool! :)

Stay frosty everyone!View attachment 537922

I think there is a little space for a few TMC members to join you in that pool, or is it off limits like Krugerrand's island?

You’re just going to want to make sure she’s not digging your grave.

My experience with women digging in the dirt is it makes them more frisky. In a good way. :D

200.webp

You know what’s hilarious?
I actually find these outbursts from so called “Tesla investors” more unhinged than what Elon tweets. You all freak out over a few words in a tweet. I can’t imagine how you’d freak out over a real problem affecting production and tens of thousands of employees. Yes, the stock price for the employees dropped today. Big whoop. I doubt too many were planning on selling today.

The stock price will do what it’s going to do. The long run is what counts. Elon doesn’t give a squat about day traders because they are ONLY in it to make money. Nothing about the mission or long term goals. Do you honestly think Rob Barren is going to sell because of this? Unlikely. Just another day that will be forgotten. Just like how all of you have somehow forgotten where the stock price was just 6 months ago.

All you chicken littles REALLY need to look at yourself in the mirror.

The COVID-19 drop in March, and now this drop over Elon's tweet, are sure to have further solidified the TSLA investor base into investors with a long term horizon. Ones who don't let things that have no long term impact on their investment dictate their investment decisions.

I'm expecting heavy selling on Monday. Some funds are going to decide over the weekend that this stock isn't suitable for them. Could be a good buying opportunity.

You think the real big money is going to care enough about this to sell? Most of the money invested in TSLA has been in it for years. They won't care about this. They'll be discussing the ER, the great margins, and the future outlook over the weekend, and probably deciding they want to add to their positions at a discount. Barring macros and bad news about the Fremont factory, I'd be pretty shocked if we're not higher in a few weeks.

Robinhood appears to be buying the dip. Makes me think the drop to $700 is mostly shorts piling on and a few weak-longs who are making a lot of noise.

robin.jpg

Although a lot of things could happen in the short term, I'd guess more-likely-than-not we'll see a quick and intense recovery.

$1,000+ end of May if Newsom announces next week that Fremont can reopen?

I sold no TSLA today. Made a few $ this week playing ER/volatility covered calls @$1,000 and sold puts @$700. (OK, just barely on those not being assigned). I am tired of being on the wrong side of the IV crush...so selling options vs buying.

This to shall pass..not sure if we drop sub $300 before going back up...Holding core....

Be well and stay safe all.