Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT:
A clip randomly showed up in my YouTube feed today:(, with the title:
BREAKING Tesla cars full of radiation.
View attachment 529827
Not giving you links, it turns out to be an April fool’s joke. He put radioactive rocks in the car and pretended it was the batteries that radiates.
Wasted 10 more min of my life worrying about my investments.(on top of the years passed)

Then I noticed what’s next in the play list:
View attachment 529828
Yeah, good job Tesla, teach this guy a lesson, don’t let him think a bit of lawyer money can buy him YouTube fame.
(Again, no links, don’t want this guy to be paid except whatever he got from TSLAQ.)

NOT FUNNY!!!:mad:

Hmm maybe my April fool's joke really was a bad idea...

That's a little overly simplistic. A new civic is bought by people with a tight budget, but also fear of the reliability of used cars, otherwise, they would've bought used instead, since you'd get a bigger car (aka safer) for less money. A used electric vehicle (most likely Teslas at this point due to production volume) will not have the same reliability concerns, AND have a lower purchase price. Keep an eye out for new car sales of those small sedans as more used model 3's get into the market. Those should take care of the $20k and under market.

Or as I liked to say in the couple of years leading up to the Model 3 launch (and most of the first year afterwards) - the first Model 3's in the market will be used Model S's.

The first "Model 2's" or whatever we're calling them will actually be the used Model 3's that start coming off their 3 year leases, and otherwise find their way into the used car pool. Today that number of cars is still small, but it'll accelerate the same way that the sales of new Model 3's has accelerated. In 5 years, there will be a nice selection of 3's for sale, and they won't cost $45k.

Pretty sure all over produced cars not delivered went to Europe already or east cost to maximize the time usage between open and end of q2 for easy delivery on the west coast.

You can't just send a car made for the US to Europe. They are different.

They will just work on selling all of the inventory they have in each region until it is exhausted and Fremont starts up again.

The medical device field is rife with corruption, protectionism, inefficiencies, lack of real innovation and profits. Tesla would clean-up if they decided to go there and they would probably attract top talent, people who were sick of the protectionism and corruption.

Then we would have an entirely new set of TSLAQ FUDsters trying to bring Tesla Medical down.:cool:

Yep, I’d be applying immediately. Not that I’m anything like top talent, but I think I could be useful.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Why do people always reference stock price trading 'manipulators'? Perhaps in pink sheet illiquid stocks or in early premarket trading or late after-hours trading when there is very little liquidity that COULD BE possible (but very risk for those doing the trade price 'manipulating'). TSLA is very liquid stock trading millions of shares a day...there is a buy for every sell. And, every short seller must cover their short at some point (evidence of a lot of that going on the past couple months, short covering).

I like following these forums as there are some good insights here and there...but thinking the stock price of TSLA moves based on trading 'manipulation' is like 'fools gold' for explanation on why the stock is moving one way or another. Sometimes we just have to accept we don't know (e.g. often times could be big Fund's PM trying to lighten up some of their position in a portfolio rebalance for example).

This complaint I have is not to be confused with information dissemination manipulation which DOES happen with TSLA (e.g. reporters aligned with TSLAQ or publications putting out fear mongering 'click baity' headlines about TSLA).

Some here are convinced any downward movement is a "short attack" and/or that unnamed entities are effectively swinging the value of an $80+ billion company on a daily if not hourly basis.

You can't just send a car made for the US to Europe. They are different.

They will just work on selling all of the inventory they have in each region until it is exhausted and Fremont starts up again.

Yes but who to say those were made for US? Don't you think Tesla already figured closure is a thing so they spent the last few days pumping out European cars? It's the smart thing to do.

• Love
Reactions: MC3OZ and BenPrice
Yes but who to say those were made for US? Don't you think Tesla already figured closure is a thing so they spent the last few days pumping out European cars? It's the smart thing to do.

I suspect they made what was in progress and they had parts for. They might not have had a ton of extra EU parts on hand as they weren't scheduled to start making them until April. (And who knows what kind of supplier issues they were running against.)

No, you can not have bare cable inside a metal tube :eek: There still needs to be voltage and amperage appropriate insulation inside the tube. The metal tube is still heavier than the insulation even if they use slightly thinner insulation.

We can assume Tesla is doing this for a reason and it makes sense.

I bet the metal tube is fairly thin and light-weight and it will not take many savings in other areas to offset the weight.

It may be lower cost, or save time on the line, or reduce the number of parts in inventory.

As well, it did occur to me that it may contain cooling liquid, and part of the purpose of the pipe may be to conduct heat away from the wires.

We will not know until Sandy pulls the car apart, I would not be surprised if this humble pipe ends up being one of the better design changes. Elon didn't talk it up on twitter, but it is hard to talk up a pipe, it may not be innovative leading edge engineering, just smart engineering.

I think FDA approval will be fast tracked and nearly immediate. They'll likely miss NY peak, but the Southeast from Louisiana to Florida are going to peak and plateau. They still don't have effective lockdown strategies and won't peak until at least June. Hopefully warm weather will reduce the impact, but that is not determined yet.
A lot of interesting history on FDA approvals and prior pandemics. 1957 the US got ahead of the virus of the day and the Fauci of the day got clearance to get a sample of the virus and fast tracked a vaccine. It would be as if Fauci got approval on December 22nd to send a team to Wuhan and bring saliva home and spin up every lab in the country to work on a vaccine.

https://www.history.com/news/1957-flu-pandemic-vaccine-hilleman

Has anyone in New York actually died due to not having a ventilator? Just a question. I really don't know.

If not, and New York has plateaued - and being the biggest city in America, what's the chances any other city will run out?

If New York doesn't have a severe shortage at this point, I have to wonder if Elon was right.

All of my words are nothing more than "wondering out loud" - I don't know the answers to the questions I've posed.

Why do people always reference stock price trading 'manipulators'? Perhaps in pink sheet illiquid stocks or in early premarket trading or late after-hours trading when there is very little liquidity that COULD BE possible (but very risk for those doing the trade price 'manipulating'). TSLA is very liquid stock trading millions of shares a day...there is a buy for every sell. And, every short seller must cover their short at some point (evidence of a lot of that going on the past couple months, short covering).

I like following these forums as there are some good insights here and there...but thinking the stock price of TSLA moves based on trading 'manipulation' is like 'fools gold' for explanation on why the stock is moving one way or another. Sometimes we just have to accept we don't know (e.g. often times could be big Fund's PM trying to lighten up some of their position in a portfolio rebalance for example).

This complaint I have is not to be confused with information dissemination manipulation which DOES happen with TSLA (e.g. reporters aligned with TSLAQ or publications putting out fear mongering 'click baity' headlines about TSLA).
What would you call dumping two or three million shares in a couple of minutes, often just after opening or just before closing. Retai traders on Robinhood? Only the Market Makers and hedge funds have the resources to do that. It's just plain manipulation. See Papafox's thread.

Some here are convinced any downward movement is a "short attack" and/or that unnamed entities are effectively swinging the value of an $80+ billion company on a daily if not hourly basis.
Just to add to that it is not surprising that a company that is primarily an auto company currently is not overly popular in the current market. But the big moves up are encouraging that many investors want to be on the train when it takes off again

It is also fairly logical that they will increase Model Y production for US orders in Q2:-
Tesla is making improvements to Fremont factory — increasing Model Y production capacity - Electrek

And we can be sure most MIC cars made in Q2 will be delivered in Q2.

It is challenging, and they may run out of inventory in Europe during Q2, but US, Canadian and Chinese deliveries are less challenging.

Reactions: Tim S
We can assume Tesla is doing this for a reason and it makes sense.
Sure it makes sense, reduced part count and easier/faster assembly.
I bet the metal tube is fairly thin and light-weight and it will not take many savings in other areas to offset the weight.
My point is that it was not done to save weight.
It may be lower cost, or save time on the line, or reduce the number of parts in inventory.
Yes.
As well, it did occur to me that it may contain cooling liquid, and part of the purpose of the pipe may be to conduct heat away from the wires.
Unlikely as there is no place for coolant to flow nor are there fins on the tubes. Standing liquid would heat up more slowly but then retain the heat longer. Also it would add weight.
We will not know until Sandy pulls the car apart, I would not be surprised if this humble pipe ends up being one of the better design changes. Elon didn't talk it up on twitter, but it is hard to talk up a pipe, it may not be innovative leading edge engineering, just smart engineering.
I think it's mostly about fewer parts, reduced cost, and fast assembly, not much more.

• Informative
Reactions: MC3OZ
Has anyone in New York actually died due to not having a ventilator? Just a question. I really don't know.

If not, and New York has plateaued - and being the biggest city in America, what's the chances any other city will run out?

If New York doesn't have a severe shortage at this point, I have to wonder if Elon was right.

All of my words are nothing more than "wondering out loud" - I don't know the answers to the questions I've posed.
Nope, the governor said this just today. Not one person died due to a lack of equipment. And he said they will be okay right now unless things get worst, which right now is platueing. He however was unhappy that the weekend had amazing weather which drew out large amount of people. He is officially increasing fines for violators from 500 to 1000.