Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, let me repeat that, Tesla just guided for production capacity of 740,000 cars/year in 2020 - an about +75% increase over their 2019 capacity.

View attachment 505707

Hey "fact checking", not to rain on our parade, but that's capacity, not projection. the projection is "For full year 2020, vehicle deliveries should comfortably exceed 500,000 units"

I hate myself for not buying more at $500
But I really doubt that Tesla can product 760,000 car in 2020, considering the New Corona Virus situation. They might end up lose a quarter of productivity in GF3

I disagreed with this for two reasons: 1) They didn't guide for 760k production (annualized at 740k by middle/EOY); 2) Regarding coronavirus, that's a big conclusion you're jumping to there.

Hey "fact checking", not to rain on our parade, but that's capacity, not projection. the projection is "For full year 2020, vehicle deliveries should comfortably exceed 500,000 units"

I think you are both accurate. It's projected capacity.

There's much exuberance here and strong expectations for the earnings - I feel the same, and I think we're right to feel it's going to be good, and very much a beat given the consensus EPS is below the actuals for Q3, despite way higher deliveries, 7000 cars from inventory, strong LR/P M3 mix and more MS/X.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure there'll be a slew of good news as well as strong, but hopefully conservative (eh, Elon) guidance for 2020 and perhaps beyond.

However, a good ER, even a stellar ER, doesn't guarantee the SP will rise, we've seen this happen before. Now I think there must be enough momentum, goodwill and positive sentiment behind the stock that such machinations won't be so successful, but given the hiding the MM's are facing with calls, I'm also expecting some kind of fight.

All I'm saying is curb a bit your enthusiasm, see what happens and make sure you have a strategy in case it doesn't go the way you expect.
So True, It's happening to FaceBook as we speak, beat earnings and crashing.

I just developed a huge crush on Tasha. DM me if you read these forums?

I sold a few trading shares prior to the bell because I have a loan I want to payoff. So glad I held on to the other 95% of my investment. :cool:
I disagreed with this for two reasons: 1) They didn't guide for 760k production (annualized at 740k by middle/EOY); 2) Regarding coronavirus, that's a big conclusion you're jumping to there.

Capacity / = will produce. :)