Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could it be, that as @FrankSG reports, it’s NOT that dangerous. But the officials in Wuhan dropped the ball through mismanagement, leading to Chinese social media exploding with videos of bodies in the corridors, wards shut due to lack of fit and well doctors and patients cramming up the system?

I think you meant to mention somebody else. I think I've posted only one very small inconsequential post on the virus.

Also, mods mentioned they don't want anymore virus posts in this thread, unless there is some really big development that impacts macros perhaps.

Reactions: UncaNed
Christ people read so much into tweets. I reckon the explanation for many of elons tweets is totally random. The guy has probably been stood up in an impromptu spacex design meeting for an hour and he isn't getting any younger. He needed a sit down, and tweeted about it whilst having a crap...
Don’t be such a bear. Buy a $1,000 1/31/20 call and join the fun

This last month on WSB : wallstreetbets

Last edited:
Yes, that is my best guess. Perhaps she will be appointed as COO? There was a rumor when she was first appointed that it was as a trial and that if successful she would take on a role similar to Gwynne Shotwell at SpaceX.
Chairs are underappreciated he sitting and watching the SpaceX nitrogen tank pressure test probably didn’t have a chair, test is taking longer than expected.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I think you meant to mention somebody else. I think I've posted only one very small inconsequential post on the virus.

Also, mods mentioned they don't want anymore virus posts in this thread, unless there is some really big development that impacts macros perhaps.
Sorry; meant @Singuy

On mods, point taken. Rather than discuss things that might affect both fundamentals and stock price of Tesla, let’s instead blast off for pages and pages about our personal options positions.

Yes, that is my best guess. Perhaps she will be appointed as COO? There was a rumor when she was first appointed that it was as a trial and that if successful she would take on a role similar to Gwynne Shotwell at SpaceX.
If she's doing a good job as Chair of the BOD, why move her sideways? Since Elon is restricted from resuming the Chair until Nov 2021. Tesla still needs Robin where she is until then. After that, if she is interested, she could become COO or CEO, as long as Elon remains as Chief Product Architech, then the terms of this CEO compensation plan remain intact.

Personally, I think Robin gets a shout out on the cal, or maybe makes the opening or closing statement. That's a good way to show appreciation, and might whet her interest in a more public future role.

But hey, you're right, could be anything!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: CorneliusXX
FWIW, my son and DIL are medical professionals in two different hospital systems in San Diego. Their hospital briefings are saying the same thing.

Reading the reports from China this has been pretty obvious - contagious, but mild. Hopefully those reports are accurate, hopefully it doesn't mutate, but so far appears less than the general panic suggests.

On topic - interesting to observe once again at 13:00 (my local time), when trading opens-up to a wider audience, the SP jumped from the $568-9 range to $573-4. AT 14:00 (so in 25 minutes from now, the pre-market window opens with my brokerage, maybe for other's too), so will look to see if we get some significant movement at that time too.

TBH, I don't really understand why some can trade and others can't, seems skewed and unfair.

Nasdaq futures currently up 0.50% - yesterday they started high and then faded towards main market opening, opposite so far today.

Going to be one hell of an interesting 24 hours, whatever happens!

Good luck with the bets you may have made!

If I understand this chart right it is implying most of the short value people are paying for is for a stock price move of about -50% in less than 5 trading days. Aren’t these state price distributions usually much more centered around current price?
Media is reporting Options open interest implies a move of +/- 11.8% after the earnings letter and call. That implies a possible range of $500 to $630. Imma buyer on any dip, and an hodler way past 630... ;)

Cheers!