Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case anyone's curious what shorts are actually talking about today... it's their unintended acceleration conspiracy theory. It's their dream come true. Now they have an excuse to blame every accident on unintended acceleration! For example, a Tesla in Germany today crashed into a glass storefront and killed an elderly lady inside the store; no other details about the crash are known. For TSLAQ, that's unintended acceleration, case close!

Just like how they used to blame everything on autopilot, except this is even better. Any crash = unintended acceleration!

They're going to be insanely angry when the NHTSA closes down their petition.

I wouldn't be surprised if the stock trades around $550 going into earnings. $100B market cap strikes me as the kind of number that would act as resistance until we get some material news to move the stock upward from there.
Aren't you forgotting something? We know know FOR CERTAIN that within a few quarters of becoming profitable, Tesla has $1.81B in deferred tax allowances the bulk of which will go straight to bottom line GAAP profits, likely in 2020. This will be a Super Draco level of boost straight taking TSLA directly onto the S&P 500. Amazon and Twitter case studies prove it (h/t @FrankSG)

YOU READ THIS FORUM, right? So does Wall St. and the Media. SP is forward looking. Or do you think Pierre Ferragu lifted TSLA +7.2% today with a note? ITS THE DROOLING BILLIONS, MANG! :p

Cheers!

I don’t think it’s about making money/investing anymore for him. It’s all ego, pure emotion and need to be proven right even if it kills you. He will keep shorting and re-shorting it until the day he can say “he was right” or he is completely bankrupt. Whichever comes first. (And we know which one that will be ):cool:

He is clearly not behaving in fiduciary interests for his fund’s clients, so how he still has any is a mystery to me.
Mommy and Daddy need to show some tough love to their boy Mark.

In case anyone's curious what shorts are actually talking about today... it's their unintended acceleration conspiracy theory. It's their dream come true. Now they have an excuse to blame every accident on unintended acceleration! For example, a Tesla in Germany today crashed into a glass storefront and killed an elderly lady inside the store; no other details about the crash are known. For TSLAQ, that's unintended acceleration, case close!

Just like how they used to blame everything on autopilot, except this is even better. Any crash = unintended acceleration!

Of course now they have a SUA class action suit that they can lean on as well: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16731676/lee-v-tesla-inc/ (filed yesterday.)

I saw it too and noticed how in these sad and hateful threads no one is lamenting the loss of life.

Maybe it's their loss of money (or the prospect of their employer going out of business) that cause this absence of empathy.

Well in that case, if it's proven to be intentional acceleration then it's first degree murder with a dash of "act of terror" and a splash of "assassination".

Senior kracht mit Auto in Schaufenster mentions nothing about somebody killed. Light injuries sustained and a concrete pillar damaged, suspected confusion of accelerator and brake ending up in glass storefront.

Are any of the shorts talking about how much of TSLA Warren Buffet owns?

New ATH in after-hours trading: $549.78. :D

Volume is pretty high too: more than 250k shares traded one hour into after-hours trading.

I suspect part of the volume are margin called or collateral squeezed shorts, which we've seen after ATH days.

FC, I can't remember many posts about your holdings. Just curious if you're buy and hold or like the AI, roll the spreads guy?

You seem to output a ton of options etc. info that seems very precise in terms of consequences at times.
Are you taking advantage of your calculations?

Space is infinite.
The parking space at Fremont is not that big, I believe it will hold less than half day output at today's production rate...I remember seeing pictures from the days when all cars were counted in the lot to figure out daily output.

Aren't you forgotting something? We know know FOR CERTAIN that within a few quarters of becoming profitable, Tesla has $1.81B in deferred tax allowances the bulk of which will go straight to bottom line GAAP profits, likely in 2020. This will be a Super Draco level of boost straight taking TSLA directly onto the S&P 500. Amazon and Twitter case studies prove it (h/t @FrankSG)

YOU READ THIS FORUM, right? So does Wall St. and the Media. SP is forward looking. Or do you think Pierre Ferragu lifted TSLA +7.2% today with a note? ITS THE DROOLING BILLIONS, MANG! :p

Cheers!

Me and my deep OTM calls are more than happy to be wrong! :cool: (Come to think of it, so would my $550 put credit spreads I opened today hah!)

Reactions: Artful Dodger