Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sigh, needed a round number,
Buy 4 Shares Market Day Only 1:48 PM 12/18/2019
Bought 4 $388.7442 Settles 12/20/2019 1:48 PM 12/18/2019

Buy 4 Shares Market Day Only 3:38 PM 12/18/2019
Bought 1 $391.33 Settles 12/20/2019 3:38 PM 12/18/2019
Bought 3 $391.33 Settles 12/20/2019 3:38 PM 12/18/2019
doing a tiny bit with DCA...
(now awaiting stock split):):cool::)

Even with the drag of the macro's.....if you look at the sell volume/orders coming in, they're following the usual bear attack/capping method which is easy to spot and distinguish between investor selling. Evenly spaced sell orders of around the same amount continuously.

Indeed, that seems to be the case. Their greater purpose may be to defer the enforcement of margin calls to short sellers.

Volume got seriously heavier starting around 2pm EST. It's a good lock on these high levels.

CNBC cut to commercials after Tim Seymour-Losses did his Christmas stocks segment.

As soon as the commercial break was over, they discussed TSLA.

Coincidence?

Hopefully Melissa Lee will get him to talk. They will surely cover it due to ATH today.

I want to explain why I gave you a disagree: S&P 500 inclusion criteria would typically require Tesla to post a ~$900M GAAP profit in Q4. I don't see that happening.

Now, after Q1 earnings, OTOH...

And, there's potential for news to help this thing run further even without that. (Hell, it's doing that on its own without news.)

Agreed, most likely Tesla goes into the S&P 500 next year. But there is a small chance it could happen this year, as the S&P 500 committee sometimes adds companies that don't meet all of their requirements. And I think the risk is great enough that it is prompting some of the covering activity.

These aged well today. ;)

Yeah, there wasn't much "touching" of $390, the price pretty much blew through the ATH ~$390, and the cascading stops above that drove it up to $395 on a volume of about 4 million shares: $1.6b worth of orders. Classic (small scale) technical short squeeze pattern IMO.

If a macro drop had not interfered we might have gone even higher. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, there wasn't much "touching" of $390, the price pretty much blew through the ATH ~$390, and the cascading stops above that drove it up to $395. Classic (small scale) technical short squeeze pattern.

If a macro drop had not interfered we might have gone even higher. :D

14 minutes till close, and it's poking back up. So, who knows. ;-)

Reactions: Fact Checking
Agreed, most likely Tesla goes into the S&P 500 next year. But there is a small chance it could happen this year, as the S&P 500 committee sometimes adds companies that don't meet all of their requirements. And I think the risk is great enough that it is prompting some of the covering activity.

That's indeed possible. Also the Dow Jones Industrial Average has not contained an automaker since the bankruptcy of General Motors in 2009. Could Tesla soon be considered for inclusion? :cool:

Massive? Have you driven a dual motor 3? It really doesn’t need to be any faster. I don’t see very many people spending $2,000 for an unnecessary acceleration increase. I sure as hell wouldn’t.

With all due respect, I'm used to driving P-spec Teslas for nearly 6 years now and anything less seems quite pedestrian.

Vertical lift Off
Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 3.49.08 PM.png

That NL-NO-SP delivery graph doesn’t seem very up to date. The last day shows a flat line. Yet, on Monday we had 648 Model 3 deliveries in The Netherlands and yesterday 665, a new record. Today’s number is not known yet, but Norway had 106 deliveries today, so that flat line has to be at least three days old. The real graph is looking like the SP graph at the moment.

The last day is always a flat line until some magical moment at which it updates, as detailed prior in this thread by @KarenRei. My stats are coming off the 2nd-to-last data point, as it's the most-current 'true' point.

Lol, you mean beyond the 5% OTA increase you got for free this past Fall? Alrighty then... :p

Cheers!

Yes, of course beyond the freebie. Otherwise it'd be a bit silly to want to pay for it, no?