Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i guess robinhooders who bought the dip are taking their profits
View attachment 471186

This is why they will not build true wealth by investing.
Also, I added $400 and $450 J22 Calls during the last hour even though I never recommend playing the call game with market makers.

Last edited:
Model 3's all-in cost is $38k, on track to drop to $30k in 3 years. The cyber truck will cost $10k more because of larger battery size. By the time cyber truck is built, I estimate cost will be around $40k, ASP $60k, 33% gross margin. If FSD fully works by then, the ASP could reach $100k, with 60% gross margin. The demand should reach at least 400k per year by 2025.

I saw this appear as a ‘BREAKING NEWS” notification from the CNBC app with less than 10 minutes to go in the trading session. SUch a blatant attempt to drive the stock price down into the close....which pretty much failed compared to the normal bear raids coordinated with news hit pieces.

I have no doubt this was coordinated with the shorts, due to the timing and content of the piece (it references blatant already disproven FUD lines from shorts, and also describes Plainsite (a notorious TSLAQ member running a “charity”) as a “legal transparency advocate”.

Despite the depressing lack of journalistic integrity on display, on the bright side is is very positive that this piece landed with basically zero impact, and this is the worst the shorts could come up with since earnings.

The market simply doesn’t buy the shorts narrative anymore. Its not a surprise even given the massively wrong predictions they have made this year (and forever essentially).
It looks like they will sell out for Q4 very early. Likely means extremely limited end of quarter discounts and good margin boost. I wonder when Elon will send a tweet saying place US orders now for 2019 delivery. I think people may only have one or two more weeks to get the remaining US credit.

It would be great to have some backlog to work through in Q1 to smooth out the expected seasonal weakness ;)

I’ve been traveling and out of pocket the last couple of days.

Price downturn a counter attack by the shorts, profit taking by longs or a by product of some FUD news?

Btw: dear shorts: you can derail temporarily but the wave is coming right at you.

Btw2 & OT: If you have an opportunity to travel to Vegas, go see Lady Gaga’s Jazz show.

It was truly superb!
Thanks so much for the heads up on Lady Gaga’s concert. Will be in Vegas next week, so just took some of my TSLA profits and bought some tickets.

With my remaining profits, should I buy more TSLA on the dip, or play blackjack?

So, Elon just donated a million trees to that 20 million trees campaign... 5% of the entire total.

Elon Musk on Twitter

LOVE IT! :)

I’m sure he did the due diligence to check they were above board. There will inevitably be scammers in this zone. It’s too easy to produce some stock footage of trees and say “look at your beautiful trees”, or shoot the same million trees from 5 angles and claim 5 million trees. I also note that trees planted not equals trees grown. Care required!

FCA stock was up 7,5% today on news of a possible merger with PSA:

Fiat Chrysler reportedly in talks to merge with Peugeot owner - CNN

The dinosaurs are desperately finding ways to survive.

I wonder if it will have any effect on the deal between Tesla and FCA. Probably not, as the PSA brands Peugeot and Citroen do not have meaningful EV programs.

I’m sure he did the due diligence to check they were above board. There will inevitably be scammers in this zone. It’s too easy to produce some stock footage of trees and say “look at your beautiful trees”, or shoot the same million trees from 5 angles and claim 5 million trees. I also note that trees planted not equals trees grown. Care required!
Charity Navigator - Rating for The Arbor Day Foundation

Who exactly is the Arbor Day Foundation and why did you choose them over other tree planting NGOs?
We quickly realized that to plant trees in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way we would need to partner with the professionals. After speaking with a number of people in the environmental space, the Arbor Day Foundation stood out as being the best. They are the longest-running tree planting NGO, with 47 years of experience, and they have the same Charity Navigator rating as the American Red Cross.

TSLA bonds are at ATH yet stock continues to be wildly manipulated

The stock flew too high too fast. Backing off for a bit, aided by a downgrade and some lazy FUD. We'll see where it goes from here. Overall I expect to be a couple tens higher a couple weeks from now, but we'll see what happens between now and then.

I hate these "backed off" levels. Not low enough to qualify as a dip to justify re-increasing leverage. Not high enough to justify deleveraging. Just wait time, while volume and IV slowly ticks down.

The stock flew too high too fast. Backing off for a bit, aided by a downgrade and some lazy FUD. We'll see where it goes from here. Overall I expect to be a couple tens higher a couple weeks from now, but we'll see what happens between now and then.

I hate these "backed off" levels. Not low enough to qualify as a dip to justify re-increasing leverage. Not high enough to justify deleveraging. Just... wait time.
Sell short dated covered calls

• Helpful
Reactions: KarenRei

I wonder if it will have any effect on the deal between Tesla and FCA. Probably not, as the PSA brands Peugeot and Citroen do not have meaningful EV programs.
No, but if FCA+PSA pools with Tesla, there will be more ZEVs required to get the same penalty reduction (less dilution than with FCA alone).

I bet Tesla has a strategy to sell tons of EVs in EU and those ICE companies will not have an easy time. Tesla could provide a cheaper version with reduced range.

So awesome. You d
FDF6770F-B3D4-4BAB-95C5-F2BA33884078.png
on’t need to advertise when you can do this. Elon is invaluable to his companies and always has his finger to the pulse of what’s important.