Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're running out of anti-Tesla headlines! Quick, just put the same one in
Screenshot_2019-10-10_13-14-10.png
twice!

Are we going to run up to ER and be in the exact same spot (high 250s) as last quarter only to fall off a cliff the next day?
Last QR we were at 265, but fell to 225.

With an avg EPS of -0.4 and avg Revenue of $6.37B (yahoo, anyone has latest Factset ?) - it looks like the most likely scenario is meet/beat on EPS and Miss on Revenue. That would be the opposite of Q4 '18, when we had EPS miss and Revenue beat. That time the SP ended the first day after ER at the same place it ended the previous day at (~308). Before the ER, there was a run up from ~280.

Are we going to run up to ER and be in the exact same spot (high 250s) as last quarter only to fall off a cliff the next day?
Probably.

I’ll tell you what I will do. Determined not to be duped yet again, I will sell right before the call in anticipation of the pattern. Then it will inexplicably jump to new highs and I will be left with so much regret while the rest of you ride it up.

#teamplayer

Last edited:
If there is any way Q3 earnings can be spun as a negative, it is likely shorts will open new positions...

I would say 50% chance of that, this kind of short term movement is impossible to accurately predict.

The long term trend is the smarter shorts are heading for the door, or reducing their exposure, that doesn't mean they will not jump back in, if they see a chance of a short term profit.

• Funny
Reactions: SpaceCash
Do you remember when Musk mentioned break-even for Q3?
From the Q2 report, Tesla was expecting positive FCF and positive GAAP net income in Q3.
IIRC, the Q2 report says they are "targeting" positive GAAP net income in Q3.

In the ER call, Must said break-even for Q3 and profit for Q4. We don't know whether he meant gaap or non-gaap.