Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any SP prediction for SP? 250? How about 265?

I would say production was softer a bit, mostly on S and X side. Refresh coming?

No reason for it to stop there. Tesla success is binary. Either they are going bankrupt, or they continue to grow into one of the world’s largest companies.

The bankrupt thesis never really held water. It was a single quarter con. Today that con is exposed.

$420 by Christmas.

Talking heads on Yahoo Finance just now:
“It looks like the market is overreacting, 95k is right in the middle of the company’s guidance, maybe the analysts were too pessimistic… and when you account for all the leaked memos, they said they are trying to break the record, looks like they finally kept their promise… notice how they didn’t reiterate their previous yearly guidance in the letter, if I was Tesla I would have definitely done that… and let’s not forget the executive exodus happening these day…”

SMFH!

Thank you Elon and company for keeping your heads down over the past few weeks and producing.

Everything continues to be aligned for relentless BEV domination. Execute and Tesla will be the largest car manufacturer in the world in ten years, stepping over the littered corpses of the fallen OEMs who refused to adapt. And imagine if you have FSD figured out as well...

“It looks like the market is overreacting, 95k is right in the middle of the company’s guidance, maybe the analysts were too pessimistic… and when you account for all the leaked memos, they said they are trying to break the record, looks like they finally kept their promise… and let’s not forget the executive exodus happening these day…”

SMFH!

Okay sure, they over reacted. So no crying or whining on our way back to 369 or are you guys going to be a snowflake about it?

Wow Tesla is at a 377k annual run rate based on Q2 production. Next stop 400k.

Incredible. I remember when they were doubling from 40 cars a week to 80 cars a week in 2012.

Then, after that....
one-million.jpg

Question: I'm seeing 1.1M shares in after hours. I know that is a lot, but I don't pay that much attention to after hours volume so I'm really not sure how much more than normal that is. 10x?

Recently it’s been in the 100k range. Until the recent volatility, it was usually around 30-40k. After ERs or big events, 1-2M is pretty normal.

Deliveries were much higher than production for the quarter, which is probably explained by a large number of cars in transit at the end of Q1. Would this not also suggest that, just as cash flow in Q1 was significantly tightened by the number of cars in transit, cash flow for Q2 will be significantly enhanced by delivery of those cars? This, combined with stable cap-ex, belt-tightening measures, and purported logistics efficiencies gained, could be indication of REALLY positive cashflow for the quarter? Could SP500 still be on the table this year, with an equally strong Q3?
Missing something?

Have to say, Elon is WAY too generous to shorts. Gave them hints after hints after hints. The funny thing is those who are entrenched are just digging their own grave. He is just trolling them so hard by giving them a bone and knowing there are no takers.

If you venture quickly over to the TSLAQ side, you’ll see that they’re excited about the SP going to $270 or so, perfect re-entry point!

“It looks like the market is overreacting, 95k is right in the middle of the company’s guidance, maybe the analysts were too pessimistic… and when you account for all the leaked memos, they said they are trying to break the record, looks like they finally kept their promise… notice how they didn’t reiterate their previous yearly guidance in the letter, if I was Tesla I would have definitely done that… and let’s not forget the executive exodus happening these day…”

SMFH!

Huh, turns out when you artificially lower the price by making the market think deliveries will be lower than they actually end up being, the SP shoots up when that’s shown to be false. WEIRD.