Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hull, Kulodney, Niedermeyer, Alex Roy are solid, I believe honest.
LOL. Niedermeyer actually ran a website called "Tesla death watch" for years. He is as far as you can get from solid/honest in terms of writers.

Least credible?
LL
1 personal issue with Elon
2 Hardcore leftist
BTW, what do you mean "LL is hardcore leftist" and what has that got to do with Tesla ? There are a lot of what you might call "hardcore leftists" like me here who aren't exactly anti-Tesla.

Last edited:
Months of gloom and doom about Tesla in the media, but if we are to believe Fred's source Tesla is having record sales in North America. The question that has been bugging me today is how those two things can be reconciled. Possible explanations I can think of:

- Many people don't see the mainstream media and their FUD (or we, as vivid Tesla followers, see too much of it)
- Many people see the FUD for what it is: bullsugar
- Even bad news is good news: people read FUD about Tesla, get interested in the brand, do some more research and find out there's a lot to like about the cars (Youtube for instance has great videos by owners).
- Many people base their buying decisions on what they hear from informed sources: Tesla owners among their relatives, friends, at work, in communities and neigbourhoods. Thank you ambassadors!

Maybe it's just a combination of all of the above :)
You forgot a point...
- They drive one.

The last time I read up on the Thorium and Boron fusion reactors they showed some promise (now 5 years out every 5 years as opposed to 20 years out every 20 years). I couldn't find the original article on the Boron proton reactor but here is the URL for another article.

Record proton-boron fusion rate achieved | FuseNet

I don't believe either reactor releases neutrons, so are safer that way than large fusion reactors. At least in the case of the Boron reactor (IIRC) the hangup is getting the electronics sufficiently fast to keep the magnetic containment field stable enough to maintain the reaction for extended periods. A further safety is if the containment fields fail the reactants will not be held close enough to continue to react, preventing a runaway.
I doubt either reactor will fit in any vehicle smaller than a ship, train or large semi. No
Mr. Fusion. However every small town could have its own power source.
This url is currently inaccessible, not sure how safe it is and if there is toxic waste to be stored indefinitely afterwards...

There's a great HBO show called "Chernobyl" (just finished running this week) that is pretty close to being a documentary rather than fiction. Highly recommend.

It's mind blowing. Especially considering that in the aftermath there was a high probability of repeat explosions that could have made half a Europe uninhabitable.

There were people who (half)knowingly sacrificed their life to prevent the repeat explosions.

Some risks seem to not be worth taken.

Last edited:
I'm afraid all these major refresh rumors are going to kill Raven sales. Not a huge fan of this at all.
I doubt it. First, most of Raven sales seem to be X. In the order tracking sheet here the ratio of X:S is insane - like 10:1. Second, I'm not sure people want their S to look more like 3.

The problem is S is not differentiated enough from 3, esp in places where they would prefer a smaller car like 3 to S.

I doubt it. First, most of Raven sales seem to be X. In the order tracking sheet here the ratio of X:S is insane - like 10:1. Second, I'm not sure people want their S to look more like 3.
If it stopped at an interior refresh then I am not afraid. But now rumors are exterior refresh, tri motor design and a newly designed lighter battery pack giving 400+ miles of range with possible insane 0-60 times and 250kw charging. This affect resale value and depreciation which will have people waiting.

If it stopped at an interior refresh then I am not afraid. But now rumors are exterior refresh, tri motor design and a newly designed lighter battery pack giving 400+ miles of range with possible insane 0-60 times and 250kw charging. This affect resale value and depreciation which will have people waiting.
they are rumors. Not like we know which parts are even true. The source is social media...

@tivoboy said (in about as many words) down first then up much more
..right before we had the day to 177 and the subsequent bounce the next day.

soooo... not a bad call so far

Not saying Tivo was wrong at all. He has been right more than anyone else I can recall here. Wish I had been trading on his calls.

When news finally impacts the SP for fundamental reasons, you have to wait before applying technicals. For example, what if the news was actually that Tesla had to idle their 3 production line 'temporarily'? How would technicals apply then?

Technicals can be very real, but fundamentals will overwhelm all.

Last edited:
D
Wondering what is @tivoboy 's prediction regarding this sudden rise? A temporary bounce or starting of the reversal?
Duffman says, temporary bounce. Just as the market went up from way oversold conditions, so too did TSLA. I don’t really see any fundamental change in the last three market days to the short term story. As others have pointed out, without necessarily being too much higher beta, TSLA is going to move faster in these types of wild swings.without a strong change to the story. Leaking info about possibly slightly higher sales than what may have been modeled doesn’t change it too much for me.

Now, it we really can get up over 215/220$ here with conviction and hold that - even when the overall market inevitably is going to move lower again, then that could be a change in consensus. I’m not going to chase this move though at this point.

I think short gots more than they EXPECTED and don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth, and that led to a dis proportionate amount of buying. I have been too busy in the past five days to crunch the numbers and review short interest change but I think I know what I am going to find when I do.

My overall mkt feeling is we’ll have some lower market tests in the near term. I would expect TSLA to perform similarly to the last mkt down trend. Meaning, another over react to the downside.

Raven was a rumor too and came to be true.

Not saying these rumors need to be credible to affect sales. The fact that multiple ev sights are broadcasting these rumors will affect sales.
A year from now Model 3 might be improved too. At some point you just have to buy your vehicle and enjoy your life. No point in worrying about what things you may or may not miss based on unsubstantiated rumors.

I remember before the Model 3 came out, there was a narrative that a HUD was pretty much inevitable. Still waiting...