Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's new mega-service-centre in Norway is nearly done:

Bjørn got to see the inside (but not film it). He said it's "fricking huge", and reminded him more of a factory than a service centre. That's... a really interesting concept. It sounds almost more like they're planning to do "assembly line"-style repairs. I've never heard of such a thing before, but I can totally picture it, at least for disassembly and reassembly of major components. Model 3 is designed to make major systems easy to take out and put back - for example, here's how you take out the entire rear drive unit and wheel assembly - only four bolts (plus some cables/plumbing)!

Bjørn also said that service in Norway has greatly improved. For example, he damaged his brand-new Model 3 by driving into a snowbank. Replacement parts arrived after just three days. The only delays are at the body shop, which aren't Tesla-related delays.

This is very interesting.
Let's remember that, in Oslo alone, there are more than 10000 Teslas. And the fleet is growing fast with Model 3.
Source, of course, is Tesla Registration Stats

CFRA will conduct a free webinar today at 11 am EDT. They'll be discussing investments in the fossil fuel industry, particularly in regard to the Permian Basin. The presentations will be followed by a Q&A session during which we can type in questions. It might be interesting to learn how they respond to questions about alternative energy.

Registration: Investment Strategies for the Permian Paradox: Oil & Gas Industry Survey

an uptick, last night into this morning, in demand for tsla shares by street stock loan desks ...
rate about + 2 to 2.25% now - not really advantageous per se...
spy is like 2.41% as a comparison

on one hand you can assume more people looking to short, but to me, it’s not significant enough, at this point, to expect any major SP reaction.
just reinforcement that the battle is still ongoing to suppress it

or it could be a play on the other installers getting hammered.
they get sold down 5-10% while expected tsla to go up a bit, street acquires the needed shares night before and into morning to commence a short at tsla top of days range??

who knows. just some interesting info is all.

• Informative
Reactions: bdy0627
My real estate agent says she can get 10K more for a house with schools in the same geofence compared to a house just outside the fence.

I know that’s a joke and not a joke. The truth is she can get 10k more only IF the buyer is interested in a house and school geofenced in the same area. For other buyers you couldn’t give them the house to be geofenced with a school.

an uptick, last night into this morning, in demand for tsla shares by street stock loan desks ...
rate about + 2 to 2.25% now - not really advantageous per se...
spy is like 2.41% as a comparison

on one hand you can assume more people looking to short, but to me, it’s not significant enough, at this point, to expect any major SP reaction.
just reinforcement that the battle is still ongoing to suppress it
A concerted effort to suppress it, very likely. Morgan Stanley dropped their price target another ten points to $230 this morning, siting concerns:

TSLA shares appear caught in a flywheel of concerns around demand & access to capital driving the share price lower, exacerbating sentiment around demand & access to capital, driving the share price lower. Stopping this negative cycle is a priority for the company and its stakeholders. Reiterate EW. Cutting price target to $230 from $240 previously.

A concerted effort to suppress it, very likely. Morgan Stanley dropped their price target another ten points to $230 this morning, siting concerns:

TSLA shares appear caught in a flywheel of concerns around demand & access to capital driving the share price lower, exacerbating sentiment around demand & access to capital, driving the share price lower. Stopping this negative cycle is a priority for the company and its stakeholders. Reiterate EW. Cutting price target to $230 from $240 previously.

is it me, or is tesla staging more frequently the info/announcements coming out of corporate

or maybe coincidental that they actually have news to relay to customers/prospects

autonomy day
then the earnings
- insurance, more details in a month

the solar 38% discount to national avg

etc
etc

is this a concerted effort by tesla to get news out there to the public?

or is it just that they have news to release..

maybe i’m reading too much into it. but there were times when it felt like no news came out or corporate for long swaths of time, and the only outlet we had was...well, EMs twitter feed. hmm

I wonder how MS feels about GOOG?

upload_2019-4-30_10-12-53.png

(on edit: busy writing the below whilst InDaClub was busy posting the above....)
As last night had been posited as a possibility, it appears TSLA might be receiving some attention - and buying - from the shellacking occurring this morning in GOOG/L.

2+ million shares when each is (still) >$1,100.... that's a lot of tech-cash.

Solar is a non-story for Tesla.
I suspect you will be blindsided by Tesla Energy.
do a search on Tesla and Puerto Rico and Greece and Samoa island of Ta'u and Australia (Battery + Windturbines + excelllentROI) and Kaua'i, etc)
PR is talking about over 1 gigawatt of batteries for their microgrids for example
(I recall Musk saying something during Y reveal about Tesla Energy increasing)
The need for micro grids in Puerto Rico after the fallout from Hurricanes María and Irma

Puerto Rico's Utility PREPA Plans To Divide Island Into Renewable Energy Microgrids

Tesla proposes microgrids with solar and batteries to power Greek islands

These folks are installing powerwalls & solar in PR and S Florida (yay!! finally getting my PW soon)
WindMar Group Renewable Energy Company
(This msg doesn't self destruct)(maybe)

(as a wild outside vaguely OT, look at Enphase IQ8's which will microgrid =>without<= batteries, so RE and TE is accelerating)
(maybe not all Tesla products, but mostly)
upload_2019-4-30_10-18-39.png

IMO we are about to see a shift in WS/journalist's sentiment about Tesla ( newest lower PT by MS being the 'bottom'). Why? Greed. just about everyone, bull or bear, long or short, believes Tesla would be greatly helped by a cap raise. EM has been pumping, Cathi Wood is pumping and those effects have been negligible. WS knows that a cap raise is imminent but at what SP will it be acceptable to EM/Tesla?

So, WS will go neutral/slightly positive on Tesla because they are looking for a 'pay day' on the cap raise.

I may be totally wrong but it is the way I see it. ;)

Different cities in different states have different driving dynamics, road signs, traffic signs. Heck even, traffic lights are different in certain states like Texas.
I'm in El Paso, finishing up a 5,500-mile road trip across 12 states. Would love to know how Texas traffic lights are different from others.

TSLA... hopefully we have seen the bottom of this recent fall. 376 to 239 is a big drop. Wasn't that far from the Spiegel Bottom!!!

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger