Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joe Tegtmeyer (sp?) has been doing these incredibly well informed drone fly overs over giga Texas for some time now.

He has a relatively unknown channel; but I do think it’s pertinent for us investors. Things are moving FAST at giga Texas.

My opinion, we should give him some love if possible. I rarely miss a video and often learn something; even if just about construction.

From this video:
1. Best description of boring tunnel operations I’ve ever seen.
2. Giant tanks near main assembly for who knows what? Paint??

Agreed - I check Joe's videos every week or two. Outstanding work.

If anyone thinks Tesla is stagnating in this "low growth" year, holy cow - watch one of his videos. It's controlled chaos anthill activity. As fast as they can go, many projects going in parallel, plans changing on the fly (not positive on that last one but it seems like it). This is what "ramping a factory" looks like at the point of boots on the ground. Then look at the massive space they have cleared at Giga Nevada from one of _those_ flyovers... big things are afoot folks.

Re: those weird tanks : I think Joe said they are almost like "caulk" - a sort of cement for gluing together all those tunnel segments that they are stacking up.
Yes folks : watch the video if you want to see how Prufrock et al. work. Not a complete explanation, but a good start. I was curious: the explanatory Boring video showed a couple of humans inside Prufrock... I'm guessing they are the ones putting up the panels to wall the tunnel?
Definitely will be Optimi 5 years from now. That work hits at least 1 or 2 of Sandy's 3 D's for robotics work: Dull, Dirty, Dangerous.

It's updated once a day only at market open.
You're correct that the OI only gets updated once per day, but not at market open, but main pre-market open 07:00EST

The volume, however, is periodically updated during main trading ours, I'm not sure the frequency, but either every 15 minutes or 30 minutes

And that chart above is the volume

Of course what the volume doesn't tell you is whether positions are being opened or closed, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that most of the c205 action today is folks closing them out

... I think it's fairly safe to assume that most of the c205 action today is folks closing them out
Edit: I'm not sure now. Would need to see OI yesterday, but looks like was mostly buying 205 today, not selling, (see my orig post).

This is still yesterday's Vol chart to point out relatively weak volume at 205 and eclipsed by today's at this same price.

1708100670376.png

Last edited:
So put in simple terms, such data graphs what changes MP day-to-day?
Is this a question, not sure? If so, here's my understanding, might not be the best answer. 🤷‍♂️
Max Pain changes day to day based on the average of all Put/Call weighted volume for that week. The "Banks" like this (to close at MP on Fri) because it's how they make the most money on the options they wrote (how and why, IDK).

Last edited:
Joe Tegtmeyer (sp?) has been doing these incredibly well informed drone fly overs over giga Texas for some time now.

He has a relatively unknown channel; but I do think it’s pertinent for us investors. Things are moving FAST at giga Texas.

My opinion, we should give him some love if possible. I rarely miss a video and often learn something; even if just about construction.

From this video:

Love +1.

Joe is DaMan. The amount of homework and research he's been doing is incredible. He's been charting, drawing and explaining a lot in great detail. He's done the lithium processing plant and few other places as well.
Every member in here should subscribe to his channel. IMO.

From this video:

Thanks for sharing - my kids (and I) now know how the Boring Company works (gotta love homeschooling flexibility!)

According to the video those silos are for the mortar/grout mixing plant (if you're asking about the ones that are labelled Simem).

I was musing about the 'integrations' between Musk companies (in this case, Tesla and Boring) - even if Tesla doesn't get preferential pricing (anyone know? Is that data even knowable?), at the very least it would get preferential timing (I'd assume projects like this won't get delayed by other clients).

It's remarkable to me how fast Tesla projects are completed.

Thanks for sharing - my kids (and I) now know how the Boring Company works (gotta love homeschooling flexibility!)

According to the video those silos are for the mortar/grout mixing plant (if you're asking about the ones that are labelled Simem).

I was musing about the 'integrations' between Musk companies (in this case, Tesla and Boring) - even if Tesla doesn't get preferential pricing (anyone know? Is that data even knowable?), at the very least it would get preferential timing (I'd assume projects like this won't get delayed by other clients).

Fun fact, it grinds out about 15 meters/day (give or take for hardness). Different numbers out there, but all impressive given it's size.
Seems like they could drill under that freeway in just a couple weeks (after setup, which looks intense). Maybe there's hope for Sedona traffic yet.

That’s awesome. My son was also fascinated by that illustration of boring operations.

But I was actually talking about the tanks he talks about later in the video, not the ones in the video thumbnail.

The tanks I’m talking about are new, massive, stainless steel tanks, right next to the main factory. I’ll add a screenshot here.

I’ve heard some speculate that they are for paint… But I can’t imagine them needing that much more paint. Maybe we’re gonna go like the Saturn and make ABS injected body panels.
IMG_3993.png

Fun fact, it grinds out about 15 meters/day (give or take for hardness). Different numbers out there, but all impressive given it's size.
Seems like they could drill under that freeway in just a couple weeks (after setup, which looks intense). Maybe there's hope for Sedona traffic yet.

The Boring website says it bores at 1 mile per week.

So, two weeks (by Elonograph timekeeping) for setup and two days to bore under the highway to the South end of the factory?

That’s awesome. My son was also fascinated by that illustration of boring operations.

But I was actually talking about the tanks he talks about later in the video, not the ones in the video thumbnail.

The tanks I’m talking about are new, massive, stainless steel tanks, right next to the main factory. I’ll add a screenshot here.

I’ve heard some speculate that they are for paint… But I can’t imagine them needing that much more paint. Maybe we’re gonna go like the Saturn and make ABS injected body panels.View attachment 1019028
I believe that in today’s update (later on) he mentions the delivery of some TKS paint system components to that area. The original system had some similar tanks according to Joe

Video is usually available mid afternoon for non Patreons

• Helpful
Reactions: FireMedic
Looking like it's a fight for 200, so I bought the rest back just now.
Was fun, can't wait for Monday (the squeeze?).
Tuesday…& squeeze up or down?
Monday may be up big & Tuesday down even more.

For those max pain charts. Each option shown has a buy and sell associated with the volumes, correct? Only the early OI post shows what exactly happened the day before. Maybe someone can correct this if not the case

Last edited: