Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$2.5k cheaper than M3. Surely that is not sustainable. Unless they are expecting new batteries for M3?
I have vague memories when the Model X was on the way...

Some critics complained that the Model X would be more expensive than the Model S and that this was completely out of line. Supposedly, at least at the time, the BMW and Mercedes SUV's in similar classes as their sedans were actually slightly cheaper than those sedans. (I'm not a BMW or Mercedes nerd, so can't verify...I just assumed that the Sedans were full of more luxury featuers and perhapse the SUV's weren't.) So, the critics cried that the cheaper SUV is what customers expected and Tesla was doing it wrong! How could the X then sell at a higher price than the S?

And here we are, with the Y potentially being less expensive (due to the rebates) than the 3. And folks are worried...we've come full circle.

Anybody know why Model Y RWD from inventory is showing no $7500 credit (but instead a price marked down to about 37k) while ordering RWD NEW showed it DOES qualify for the $7500 credit? (and so actually gets you slightly under 37k)? That doesn't make any sense to me why inventory ones would lose the credit (but only RWD ones)- AFAIK none of them are LFP?

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
Internet is blowing up about one of the first non-employee deliveries

It's going to happen on these early builds, new production process, new material...hell it still happens on the MY/S/X/3.

Internet is blowing up about one of the first non-employee deliveries

It's going to happen on these early builds, new production process, new material...hell it still happens on the MY/S/X/3.
From the original reddit post:
1. Overall Build quality: A- for a tesla, a few misaligned panels if you look closely, the right turn signal control is a little glitchy.

A- , did Fredo get any A- in school :) ? :)

Anybody know why Model Y RWD from inventory is showing no $7500 credit (but instead a price marked down to about 37k) while ordering RWD NEW showed it DOES qualify for the $7500 credit? (and so actually gets you slightly under 37k)? That doesn't make any sense to me why inventory ones would lose the credit (but only RWD ones)- AFAIK none of them are LFP?
I think the new Y RWD is LFP.

• Informative
Reactions: rsm287 and JusRelax
I think the new Y RWD is LFP.

Then why does ordering a new one (not inventory) still say it qualifies for the $7500? It's ONLY inventory ones that don't.

rwdcredit.png

But when I look at detail on an inventory one I see:

inventoryrwd.png

Last data point:

This lists LR-AWD and P versions of the Y as eligible for 2023 and 2024 model years.

But only the 2024 model year for RWD. It USED TO include 2023.

Last edited:
From the original reddit post:
1. Overall Build quality: A- for a tesla, a few misaligned panels if you look closely, the right turn signal control is a little glitchy.

A- , did Fredo get any A- in school :) ? :)
Most people wouldn't grade that an A- with a panel basically falling off the back.

It wasn't a big deal to them, but I expect there to be a lot more of that, but Tesla will also improve like they have with the rest of the fleet.

Most people wouldn't grade that an A- with a panel basically falling off the back.

It wasn't a big deal to them, but I expect there to be a lot more of that, but Tesla will also improve like they have with the rest of the fleet.
camera angles and highly magnified to show the issue? pic and writing should have given the better contex.
Does sample of 1 require a clickbait headline article?

camera angles and highly magnified to show the issue? pic and writing should have given the better contex.
Does sample of 1 require a clickbait headline article?
It was posted on the CT forum:
Apparently a relatively easy issue for a SC to fix according to some there, but obviously it should have been caught.

Of course it warrants a headline...It's the most polarizing truck ever. I'm sure electrek was ecstatic to find it and post about it.

1705094092413.png

Then why does ordering a new one (not inventory) still say it qualifies for the $7500? It's ONLY inventory ones that don't.

View attachment 1008382

But when I look at detail on an inventory one I see:

View attachment 1008383

Last data point:

This lists LR-AWD and P versions of the Y as eligible for 2023 and 2024 model years.

But only the 2024 model year for RWD. It USED TO include 2023.
2023 RWD qualified in 2023
2024 RWD qualifies in 2024
So maybe 2023 had Chinese LFP, but 2024 has something different?

Spot Container Shipping Rates Soar 173% on Red Sea Threats​

• Suez traffic is down 28% in past 10 days, IMF PortWatch says
  • Risk of congestion rises heading into Chinese Lunar New Year

From a few days ago ...
IIRC, Iran also harassed two (?) merchant marine vessels in the Gulf of Oman recently.

Hopefully things won't get so dicey that Shanghai production meant for Europe has to route via Panama. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not a sophisticated TA guy, but I have decided that RSI is a helpful indicator. Like all things, it's only one of many considerations one should evaluate. That said, at close today we're sitting at an RSI of 30-31 (interestingly I went to 3 different sites and got 3 different RSI values for TSLA, all of which were different than my calculation of 30.2!). If we drop below 30 next week, the track record for buying below 30 doesn't seem to have many regrets looking backwards....
IMG_0235.jpeg