Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We might be on the verge of going higher, 260, 270 and beyond. The cybertruck has been launched, without further delay, so thats one checkbox. The reviews from the big news outlets seem pretty good, so thats a second checkbox. What wall st will worry about is real deliveries to real people.
A few hours ago people on X started talking about those with 'founders' edition cybertruck orders being asked to pay up and take delivery. Thats a very good sign.
Once we see transporters with multiple cybertrucks heading out from Texas more than once a day, then I expect a stock market reaction. So far its just 3 or 4 a day, likely to showrooms. Make it 20 a day and then I'll stare meaningfully at the chart :D.

My gut feeling still is the CT won't materially impact TSLA until they ramp up production. I think we'll need to see increased revenues and margins for TSLA to be positively effected, and my hunch is we'll trade mostly sideways until that happens.

I would love it if I were wrong though! 😁

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Hopefully we have the option of PS or Switch, I'm not learning another button layout
I see this whole future devolving into a GTA scenario. The CyberTruck will be the only way to survive. Glad I have a reasonably early reservation. Let's just hope there is no Zombie Apocalypse survival level mod at least until 2025.

Might be a different story if Tesla owns the carriers, but those things arent making money if they are driving around empty. They have likely booked a route that has them occupied out and back.
I completely agree, but it seems so lopsided - I have observed the same thing for carriers heading north towards Oregon as well, there is nowhere near a matching flow back towards the factory as from it, either loaded or empty.

Yesterday I saw 4 or 5 non Tesla carriers heading south, but not one headed north.

Hence my question - where do they go, perhaps return at night or on some great circle and end up coming back via I80😃

According to the emails that were sent and shared by several customers on social media, Tesla is picking some “early reservation holders” in California and Texas to place their orders. If you are lucky enough to get the email, titled ‘Your Foundation Series Cybertruck is Ready to Order,” be prepared to pay big money for the opportunity to own one of the first Cybertrucks.

Since the delivery event last week a few details have been uncovered in the source code of Tesla’s website, suggesting the Foundation Series was going to include more than just the truck itself, and today’s emails have confirmed it. When you order a Foundation Series you also get all available accessories, including these premium accessories:

• Laser-Etched Badging
  • Full Self-Driving
  • Lifetime Premium Connectivity
  • Universal Wall Connector
  • Powershare Mobile Connector
  • Powershare Home Backup
The price? $119,990, plus a $1,995 Destination Fee, a $250 Order Fee, but you do get a $100 credit for your original reservation. This is $20,000 more than the estimated price of $99,990 for the Cyberbeast (tri-motor) on Tesla’s website, although the email doesn’t specify these are the tri-motor version.
As I already have two UWCs, this package is useless to me. 😁

• Informative
Reactions: capster
I completely agree, but it seems so lopsided - I have observed the same thing for carriers heading north towards Oregon as well, there is nowhere near a matching flow back towards the factory as from it, either loaded or empty.

Yesterday I saw 4 or 5 non Tesla carriers heading south, but not one headed north.

Hence my question - where do they go, perhaps return at night or on some great circle and end up coming back via I80😃
They are single use, just like non-SpaceX rockets. They head to the scrap yard.

According to the emails that were sent and shared by several customers on social media, Tesla is picking some “early reservation holders” in California and Texas to place their orders. If you are lucky enough to get the email, titled ‘Your Foundation Series Cybertruck is Ready to Order,” be prepared to pay big money for the opportunity to own one of the first Cybertrucks.

Since the delivery event last week a few details have been uncovered in the source code of Tesla’s website, suggesting the Foundation Series was going to include more than just the truck itself, and today’s emails have confirmed it. When you order a Foundation Series you also get all available accessories, including these premium accessories:

• Laser-Etched Badging
  • Full Self-Driving
  • Powershare Home Backup
The price? $119,990, plus a $1,995 Destination Fee, a $250 Order Fee, but you do get a $100 credit for your original reservation. This is $20,000 more than the estimated price of $99,990 for the Cyberbeast (tri-motor) on Tesla’s website, although the email doesn’t specify these are the tri-motor version.
No lifetime free supercharging? ;-)

Reactions: MartinAustin
My gut feeling still is the CT won't materially impact TSLA until they ramp up production. I think we'll need to see increased revenues and margins for TSLA to be positively effected, and my hunch is we'll trade mostly sideways until that happens.

I would love it if I were wrong though! 😁
CT will hurt $TSLA short term until they get production ramped. I would assume they are spending like crazy on getting the lines up and running without much profit until they start producing significant numbers.

Also, with so much new as far as vehicle design and production processes it will be slower going early on.

Once they hit volume production I have a feeling margins will be very good if they can keep the prices where they are...say 2025 and beyond.

• Laser-Etched Badging
  • Full Self-Driving
  • Powershare Home Backup

Tesla is starting to take its customers for granted. It works until it doesn’t. Telling people to pony up an extra $20k to jump to the front of the line is disrespectful considering the vehicle is already priced well above expectations.

Last edited:
Tesla is starting to take its customers for granted. It works until it doesn’t.
Tesla has had Foundation series in the past. The only difference is that in the past it was part of the reservation deposit, this time the announcement was after the first deliveries.

Tesla is starting to take its customers for granted. It works until it doesn’t.
Is it really though?
  • Cybertruck Beast $99,990
  • FSD: $7-12k depending on when you reserved
  • Free Lifetime connectivity: $99/year
  • UWC: $595
  • Powershare Mobile Connector: ~$500? (Plus probably ~$50 per outlet adapter.)
  • Powershare Home Backup: ~$6,000? (I think the source code said it included $4k of credit towards installing it in your house.)
If it is really fully optioned:
  • Spare tire: $1,250
  • Crossbars: $800
  • Tailgate ramp: $400
  • Basecamp tent: $2,975
  • All-weather mats: $295
  • Air compressor $550
  • Storage bins/vault add-ons/etc: ~$2k?
Add all of that up and you come up past the $120k price. Of course, does everyone really want/need all of that extra stuff?

Tesla is starting to take its customers for granted. It works until it doesn’t. Telling people to pony up an extra $20k to jump to the front of the line is disrespectful considering the vehicle is already priced well above expectations.
Better that Tesla take the profit than a dealer taking the profit with ADM.

Customer satisfaction aside it is a smart business move.

Is it really though?
  • Cybertruck Beast $99,990
  • FSD: $7-12k depending on when you reserved
  • Free Lifetime connectivity: $99/year
  • UWC: $595
  • Powershare Mobile Connector: ~$500? (Plus probably ~$50 per outlet adapter.)
  • Powershare Home Backup: ~$6,000? (I think the source code said it included $4k of credit towards installing it in your house.)
If it is really fully optioned:
  • Spare tire: $1,250
  • Crossbars: $800
  • Tailgate ramp: $400
  • Basecamp tent: $2,975
  • All-weather mats: $295
  • Air compressor $550
  • Storage bins/vault add-ons/etc: ~$2k?
Add all of that up and you come up past the $120k price. Of course, does everyone really want/need all of that extra stuff?
I think the reference was more about people jumping in line, but it still appears to be only geared towards influencers.

Edit: I haven't seen anything stating it comes with the accessories, just the stuff on your first list.

Tesla has had Foundation series in the past. The only difference is that in the past it was part of the reservation deposit, this time the announcement was after the first deliveries.
The Founders and Signature reservations were ways to get significant early deposits to keep the company afloat for the years of delay involved with the S and X. They had my $50,000 deposit for almost 3 years while I waited. AFAIK there were no Founders or signature 3s or Ys. That said I'd pay the $120K since everything included is what I'd want anyway. But I don't live in California or Texas so my turn to be jealous.

The Founders and Signature reservations were ways to get significant early deposits to keep the company afloat for the years of delay involved with the S and X. They had my $50,000 deposit for almost 3 years while I waited. AFAIK there were no Founders or signature 3s or Ys. That said I'd pay the $120K since everything included is what I'd want anyway. But I don't live in California or Texas so my turn to be jealous.
Hey..."I know a guy" :cool:

Wouldn't they have started at the front of the line?
As reservation holders pass on the offer the opportunity moves up the line from there until the limited number of takers are found.

Where's the disrespect in that?

I think people are talking at cross purposes regarding CT and Tesla financials. I'm talking about TSLA, not Tesla. Tesla the company will take a good while until the quarterly financial reports (backwards looking data) show a material gain from the cybertruck. Thats true, as elon has said, and is obvious. But thats how dumb money wall street hacks invest. Thats not how cunning investors from here should invest (or those few wall st types who can actually think ahead).

By the time cybertruck profits hit the financial reports, its too late to buy stock. Surely the whole point of investing is looking ahead, seeing whats coming, and trading ahead.

I'm sure there are people out there considering buying TSLA or increasing their position, but are waiting for the first few hundred CT deliveries to check everything is as it seems. All new product releases represent risk. The successful delivery of end-customer CT owners removes that risk, and should boost the stock.

TSLA doesn't have a higher P/E than GM for no good reason. Investors are looking ahead.