Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This stock has become a joke, while the company dominates the world... Unfuckingbelievable
Since the CEO is also a joke, what did we expect? I'm sure the thumbs down will come flying but really, a cage match with another CEO? Especially since Musk will look like a complete idiot while getting the snot beat out of him.

Sorry kids, TSLA is a crap stock right now and that is a shame since the company is doing great things.

I'm a long term investor but I've been frustrated with Musk and the companies image for a while now.

Instead of talking about the great innovations and the many achievements of Tesla, we talk about Social media wars, Cage matches, unhinged posts and all other kinds of things that simply do not help the stock price.

I can't wait until Musk decides to hand over the reigns and move onto something else.

Sort of a worthless thing as I see it. Nothing personal on the line. They should have pink slips on the line. Whoever leaves the cage takes the all the social media equity of the other.

Then there would be some motivation otherwise it is just juvenile name calling.
A) it’s going to be livestreamed on X. Regardless of your position and the outcome - more eyeballs, free advertising for all associated businesses = good

B) all proceeds going to veterans = good

The stock just can’t catch a break since earnings.

Seems to me that it’s a near certainty that it’s going to test the uptrend line set from the low back in Jan. So depending on how fast Wall St drops it, could go all the way down to 215 area in the very short term
I'm curious... the pattern I see is when there is some news to cause a price drop, you come in and low ball the stock using Kung Fu. I can't help but think this occurs right after you sold. We saw the FUD last week on FSD, we had a hunch it was going to drop. I personally think the CFO news has little to do with the stock price today - it was baked in based on this weekend's FUD.

Look, I'm not trying to call you out. I would just like for you to let me know when you're about to sell. :D

Reactions: Krugerrand
Another example of why I think Elon doesn't want a higher stock price. It doesn't serve the mission right now.
Would you mind elaborating on this? I would love to know why a higher stock price would not serve the mission. And while your at it, explain the ridiculous memes that Elon puts out regarding shorts?

Since the CEO is also a joke, what did we expect? I'm sure the thumbs down will come flying but really, a cage match with another CEO? Especially since Musk will look like a complete idiot while getting the snot beat out of him.

Sorry kids, TSLA is a crap stock right now and that is a shame since the company is doing great things.

I'm a long term investor but I've been frustrated with Musk and the companies image for a while now.

Instead of talking about the great innovations and the many achievements of Tesla, we talk about Social media wars, Cage matches, unhinged posts and all other kinds of things that simply do not help the stock price.

I can't wait until Musk decides to hand over the reigns and move onto something else.
The fight isn't real. It's Musk trying to generate buzz for X.

Would you mind elaborating on this? I would love to know why a higher stock price would not serve the mission. And while your at it, explain the ridiculous memes that Elon puts out regarding shorts?

Here, from a previous post of mine, on my thoughts on the matter:

Maybe its always been an employee retention problem? Everyone knows Tesla is leading the charge on climate change and there's a ton of money to put into it. If everyone working there is rich, it kinda reduces the motivation to get stuff done, for some, in the aggregate.

That is probably not happening anytime soon.

Our PE is still 79 today, and while Tesla is growing production at a good rate, EPS growth will stagnate this year due to the price cuts and likely grow little next year. 4680 deployment is going slower than expected, Semis will continue to be in slow production for at least another year until Nevada is built out, CT ramp and release will likely be a slow rollout and late in 2023, Giga Mexico hasn't even broke ground yet so the Gen 3 platform is still several years away, and Highland M3 isn't even out yet. Austin and Berlin are still ramping but their growth alone won't be enough to maintain our 50% CAGR production growth YoY, we'll probably slow for a bit until new factories and the Gen 3 cars go into production. I expect we'll see the stock mostly flatline and the PE compress over the next year or two while we wait for the Tesla seeds to slowly bloom.

Long term Tesla will be fine as they are doing everything right, but in the short term (next couple of years) the stock is going to have a hard time breaking out, and probably a very hard time hitting our ATH again. I doubt we'll cross $415/share again until late 2025 - 2026.

Long term the positives will overcome the FUD and market makers control and Tesla will grow to become a behemoth of a company, BUT I fear we are in for a rough ride in the near term. I think the best strategy is to either:

1) sell now and move on to another stock if you can't handle the waiting or don't trust Elon, OR
2) HOLD and wait for this huge delicious loaf of bread to rise.

Just how I feel about TSLA in the "near" term. :cool:

A large SP increase causes internal Teslanaires to retire early and start their own YouTube Channel. The smart one's anyway. Elon has stated this fact in the past. He needs those resources for the mission.

That is probably not happening anytime soon.

Our PE is still 79 today, and while Tesla is growing production at a good rate, EPS growth will stagnate this year due to the price cuts, and likely grow little next year. 4680 deployment is going slower than expected, Semis will continue to be in slow production for at least another year until Nevada is built out, CT ramp and release will likely be a slow rollout and late in 2023, Giga Mexico hasn't even broke ground yet so the Gen 3 platform is still several years away, and Highland M3 isn't even out yet. Austin and Berlin are still ramping but their growth alone won't be enough to maintain our 50% CAGR production growth YoY, we'll probably slow for a bit until new factories and the Gen 3 cars go into production. I expect we'll see the stock mostly flatline and the PE compress over the next year or two while we wait for the Tesla seeds to slowly bloom.

Long term Tesla will be fine as they are doing everything right, but in the short term (next couple of years) the stock is going to have a hard time breaking out, and probably a very hard time hitting our ATH again. I doubt we'll cross $415/share again until late 2025 - 2026.

Long term the positives will overcome the FUD and market makers control and Tesla will grow to become a behemoth of a company, BUT I fear we are in for a rough ride in the near term. I think the best strategy is to either:

1) sell now and move on to another stock if you can't handle the waiting or don't trust Elon, OR
2) HOLD and wait for this huge delicious loaf of bread to rise.

Just how I feel about TSLA in the "near" term. :cool:
Is there any way to add some 'rapid rising flour' to the loaf of bread by any chance? Asking for a friend.

I don't think Highland/CT can negate this. Like I said, a lot of investors will just sit on the sidelines for at least one quarter, if not 2-3 quarters, before buying in because they'll be cautious about there being a reason Zach left such as fraud, Zach knowing Tesla is a sinking ship and jumping off, etc...They'll be BS reasons because they were the same things said when Zach took the CFO job, but that's just the way it is.

To me, Highland/CT impacts just got severely negated. Maybe those announcements can help the stock hold it's uptrend line but those announcements aren't coming till September. And they certainly are not going to be catalysts for the stock breaking back above 300 now.

Not fraud. Just uncertainty.

Is there any way to add some 'rapid rising flour' to the loaf of bread by any chance? Asking for a friend.

YES, that would occur if FSD got solved to Level 5 before 2023 ends. Although I'm honestly not sure even THAT would kick TSLA out of it's slump, because part of me truly thinks Wall Street wouldn't understand the implications and STILL wouldn't flood into the stock in volume, not until revenues started rising due to FSD at least.

We have lots of positives on the horizon but nothing immediate nor rapid, they are all slow burners. I think we are in a holding pattern for the next year or two.

• Funny
Reactions: StarFoxisDown!