Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlimited upside for $TSLA confirmed :)

This may be the best news I've heard all week.

Okay, I want to review this quarterly game of guesses, just to make sure I understand the rules.

• A Consensus will be determined by many of the same analysts who cannot ever seem to understand anything about Tesla

• The "consensus" may or may not have anything to do with actual Tesla projections, actual Tesla production, or any salient facts at all

• After Tesla reveals the facts, which usually align with their annual projections, the analysts will judge Tesla against their own guesses

• If the guesses are higher than the actual facts, Tesla is determined to have "missed" (as opposed to what really happened, the analysts missed)

• If the guesses are lower than the actual facts, Tesla is determined to have "beat" (presumably, this means Tesla beat the analysts)

• Though the beatings continue intermittently it has been repeatedly demonstrated how, despite the frequency of the beatings, the analysts' abilities are unlikely to improve. Though the morale of the HODLers usually does improve post-analyst-shellacking.
Please let me know if I may have "missed" anything here.

Last edited:
Okay, I want to review this quarterly game of guesses, just to make sure I understand the rules.

• A Consensus will be determined by many of the same analysts who cannot ever seem to understand anything about Tesla

• The "consensus" may or may not have anything to do with actual Tesla projections, actual Tesla production, or any salient facts at all

• After Tesla reveals the facts, which usually align with their annual projections, the analysts will judge Tesla against their own guesses

• If the guesses are higher than the actual facts, Tesla is determined to have "missed" (as opposed to what really happened, the analysts missed)

• If the guesses are lower than the actual facts, Tesla is determined to have "beat" (presumably, this means Tesla beat the analysts)

• Though the beatings continue intermittently it has been repeatedly demonstrated how, despite the frequency of the beatings, the analysts' abilities are unlikely to improve. Though the morale of the HODLers usually does improve post-analyst-shellacking.
Please let me know if I may have "missed" anything here.
Also the guesses will suddenly increase today, tomorrow, or even 5 minutes after Tesla releases the numbers. That way it can be assured that Tesla missed estimates.

Last edited:
Yo, been invested since 2012 and would like to see TSLA valued at what it should be so I can pay off my house in a few years when I'm in my early 40s....

giphy.gif

@Troy just updated his estimate, is now expecting a beat of analyst numbers. Let´s not restart the discussion about whether it makes sense to continuously update estimates. You can give this post a funny rating instead, ok ;)?!

I have the feeling it could in fact be a beat, some good news lately: record number of ships to Australia, Turkey booked out until end of year, UK just got a ship with 4000 cars less than a week ago, US inventory dropped. Good China numbers, too.

@Troy just updated his estimate, is now expecting a beat of analyst numbers. Let´s not restart the discussion about whether it makes sense to continuously update estimates. You can give this post a funny rating instead, ok ;)?!

I have the feeling it could in fact be a beat, some good news lately: record number of ships to Australia, Turkey booked out until end of year, UK just got a ship with 4000 cars less than a week ago, US inventory dropped. Good China numbers, too.
It's prob not gonna matter..WS loves to come up with the "no demand, price cut, IRA, no advantage, Elon Bad, factories not producing up to stated capacity, market share shrinking, competition eating Tesla" rhetoric that will push $TSLA down...hoping Im wrong this time but we shall see.