Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do they mean the prototype cybertruck for the reveal that Elon admitted that he and Franz threw together in what, like 2 weeks? Well, DUH! :rolleyes:

Um, yeah, my first thought on seeing that article posted here was:

Isn't the very purpose of an "Alpha" version to reveal initial design shortcomings in order to improve upon the concept?

Somebody had to read an old report in order to expose this very first baby step on the road to production as if it were newsworthy?

Perhaps it is already too late to save the human race... 🫠😢 ...though, maybe, not too late to save these journalists, and telephone sanitizers too.

You! Jeremy Marshall, and YOU! Aarian White, as a reward for your outstanding work you'll be departing on the B Ark. All aboard!

Last edited:
I just discovered that my TD Ameritrade Acct is a margin acct. I never asked for one, nor use it ever. So those cheese balls were loaning out my shares behind my back? And to short the stock and try to scare me into selling these same shares? All these years?

This reminds me of a real cheese ball thing I did once in college. A friend loaned me a guitar for a while. I got literally got hungry and decided I'd just pawn the guitar and get it out next install before he found out. Needless to say, I lost a friend when he asked for it and it took me a day or two to pay the bond. Like I said, real cheese ball move. 228 was not too proud of me in those early years.

So ya, TD Ameritrade just did that to me, over and over again. Right?
For years I've had a GTC (good till cancelled) sell order on TSLA at nearly double the current price. That sell price is occasionally adjusted. My brokerage assured me this would prevent them from lending my shares to short sellers.

The disconnect back then was that he had a significant number of highly lucrative investments, including several in closely related fields. While applauding the efforts back then he wasn't convinced TSLA was the best way for him to go. Given his record I would not argue.
Now the situation is very different, not least because his view of current events is that TSLA is rapidly becoming a global standard of excellence.

For most of us who were in in 2011-2015, TSLA has been far more a choice of conviction than it was a rational choice of risk and reward. For me at the time, bluntly, I removed money I'd put in Kiva loans and put it in TSLA. That is, I was prepared to lose it all. My friend shared empathy for that choice was was not prepared to make a similar choice.

Now, however, all the early logic still applies but now a hard-headed rational money management perspective sees a company that is more profitable than any peer, growing quickly, but now successfully becoming a utility-like franchise, but with massive upside.

Bluntly, When Ford and GM capitulate everyone, not just EV fans, sees huge upside. When the same people see that Tesla is now a public utility participant, in the unregulated sphere...they suddenly realize they've a huge growth opportunity that has been ignored by nearly everyone.

So that has been the impetus for the change my friend's thinking, as I understand it.

Just in case not everyone understands, a change in BlackRock perspective is more influential than perhaps any other single investor. In honesty I must admit I have some historical bias that influenced this post.
So, basically he valued money more than he valued humanity - and still technically does. That’s the world we live in. We worship at the feet of this golden calf and as a result let it make decisions for us. Look at how many people, upon hearing Ford and then GM joined Tesla’s SC Network, mentioned ‘how much money?’ as their very first reaction.

People who went all in and risked it all before a payday was assured, well, yay us.

For years I've had a GTC (good till cancelled) sell order on TSLA at nearly double the current price. That sell price is occasionally adjusted. My brokerage assured me this would prevent them from lending my shares to short sellers.
I have heard this as well, but I don't believe it.

Remember once upon a time setting sell orders at 5000 (pre pre split). Hoping it would get there by 2030.

Reactions: MikeC
Ya, I put it in writing, but I left off the cheese ball part. (If there's anything I learned from @Krugerrand - it's to always be nice if you want that other test drive, or to get the results you deserve! 🤣)
This is true. If you don’t care about the outcome, say or do whatever you damn well please. But if you need or want something from the other person, play nice. You can always call them a cheese ball when you hang up or leave the building.

Now, if someone is being a cheese ball to start, that takes more skill or sarcasm to handle but keep your cool. Or cry. Crying can be a powerful tool.

I had to laugh at this... of all the people to bring on for commentary about GM+NACS, they bring on GoJo. But when they uploaded the interview to Youtube... they didn't include what he had to say 🤣
Ha ha ha.. this was the highest voted comment on that video.

1686351178868.png

Anyone watch the interview live and know what GJ was crapping about?

Ha ha ha.. this was the highest voted comment on that video.

View attachment 945473

Anyone watch the interview live and know what GJ was crapping about?
GJ was crapping the same thing about 🤡 Irwin, about how 'This is a reverse checkmate move and the one advantage Tesla had left (Superchargers) is now no longer an advantage" He then gets side tracked like he normally does and talks about how margins YOY went from 29% to 19%, yada yada.